Few questions regarding DoE

This is where all random discussion about DoE goes. If it doesn't feel like it fits anywhere else but is still related to the map, this is the place to post it.
Deschain
Diabolical Doomsayer

Few questions regarding DoE

Post by Deschain » Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:45 pm

Haven't been here in quite a while, so long I lost my War3 discs D: Anyway what I wanted to ask is:

a) In DoE how do creeps upgrade? Do they constantly upgrade or is there a limit like 20 times or something?
b) Do Towers upgrade? I haven't been in ages so do towers upgrade as well? I'm 90% sure they do.
c) Is there a "carry" in Desert of Exile?
d) What is the average length of a game of DoE (until one defeat)?
e) So any news on the next version of DoE/AotZ. I might get me a computer that doesn't explode when trying to do anything more trying than a game of solitare. Which means back to AotZ goodness.
Those who seek war deserve for the war to find them.

Loki
Gypsy
Location: In a sea of paper cranes and a sky of paper planes.

Re: Few questions regarding DoE

Post by Loki » Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:37 am

A)What do you mean by how do they upgrade? Coding or what did they actually upgrade? In DoE, they upgrade armor and attack every certain number of minutes. I wish I could tell you the exact number but I haven't played DoE and AotZ probably as long as you. And as far as I know, the upgrades go on til infinity.
B) I can't remember if they did or not to tell you the truth lol
C) What the hell is a carry?
D) 20-30 minutes average
E) Since there is no activity in Wc3, there is very little or no motivation on Dusk's end to continue progress on AotZ/DoE. But say if there was a huge revival in the community, I'm pretty sure Dusk will jump on the coding wagon and start ripping out new versions. I bet he has some pretty awesome ideas stewing in his noggin.
Let's do what comes naturally
ImageImageImageImage
I'll be waiting in Haven.

Deschain
Diabolical Doomsayer

Post by Deschain » Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:09 pm

Carry is a hero that needs time to get going. To quote the League of legends those are "Champions that generally start off weaker than other champions, but become gradually powerful as they gain levels and items to the point where they can potentially take on multiple champions by themselves." I think Anick and Caliga kinda qualify but dunno about Order.

E) Aww :cry: I wonder if there was a way to "escape" the wc3 engine (I assume it is basically in death throes by now). My heart goes to him <3

Loki
Gypsy

Post by Loki » Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:50 pm

I never quite understand that. Why can't heroes all start out weak then grow to become equally effective? Wouldn't that make more sense? Anyway, that's treading on a long winded topic that I have zero patience for lmao
Yeah. I can only wish the community came back but honestly a good revival is what we need for new versions to start pumping out. But hey! We got ze beaconz.
ImageImageImageImage

Deschain
Diabolical Doomsayer

Post by Deschain » Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:58 pm

Well sorry loki I didn't meant to argue, I just can't remember if any hero in DoE that would fit that bill. I know Anick with Bleeder and that optic amulet (immune to blind) was pretty much rape. And that Exuro with that sword item that dealt damage per condition was pretty difficult to kill.

My comp is about stable as a one legged cat riding a unicycle. However, having reinstalled War3 it does seem it can handle it... Barely.

Loki
Gypsy

Post by Loki » Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:13 pm

Lol, I wasn't accusing you of starting anything of that sort.
Well honestly, that sort of explanation describes any hero that can level and obtain items. Which technically points to every single hero in the game. :x
And is your computer made out of sticks and stones? Invest $500~ and you can create a solid gaming rig. lol
ImageImageImageImage

Deschain
Diabolical Doomsayer

Post by Deschain » Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:48 pm

Loki wrote: And is your computer made out of sticks and stones? Invest $500~ and you can create a solid gaming rig. lol
It's a laptop. It might as well be made of butter D:

Yeah, once I earn money I'll have no problem until then I'll suffer.

Akiwasha
Noobite Warrior

Post by Akiwasha » Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:11 am

E) Since there is no activity in Wc3, there is very little or no motivation on Dusk's end to continue progress on AotZ/DoE. But say if there was a huge revival in the community, I'm pretty sure Dusk will jump on the coding wagon and start ripping out new versions. I bet he has some pretty awesome ideas stewing in his noggin.
why someone from community announce the new skins of DoE heroes if future versions might will not be? :roll:

Loki
Gypsy

Post by Loki » Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:43 pm

DoE/AotZ isn't dead because there isn't room for progress, DoE/AotZ is dead because there isn't a community around to demand progress.
My assumption that AR is refining works of art for potential future versions.
ImageImageImageImage

Akiwasha
Noobite Warrior

Post by Akiwasha » Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:59 pm

sad that so good maps like DoE/AotZ, EotA can die...or even died like EotA :cry:
Rly guys, u create such a good maps with greates lore/system and pretty good looking textures and effects/animations...dont forget about that u fave fans that waits some new. Maybe for some ideas for their maps or just for good time spending with friends. Today is so few people that can do something unordinary and pretty good projects :(
Btw good luck in real life, and maybe someday in future return the power of VZ clan ;)

Deschain
Diabolical Doomsayer

Post by Deschain » Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:42 pm

As long as Dusk is alive there is a chance AotZ revives in some other form... hopefully. If they can port the art.

assassingao
Teh UBER Typist

Post by assassingao » Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:32 am

B) Tower doesn't upgrade over time.

I wonder if DoE 1.15 or Aot3 would be out before Diablo 3 comes (probably not).

AnemicRoyalty
Wielder of the Ctrl-Alt-Delete

Post by AnemicRoyalty » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:06 am

Loki wrote:DoE/AotZ isn't dead because there isn't room for progress, DoE/AotZ is dead because there isn't a community around to demand progress.
My assumption that AR is refining works of art for potential future versions.
That, or AR is slacking :P There's a few new versions of more heroes (and an update to Vela's current incarnation that I haven't posted) but that's all I've done this year.

Otherwise correct, though. It's all about having the community there to inspire Dusk and we artfolk to work on and unleash new versions. We get a bit of a brouhaha going, I have a feeling there'll be some signs of life :)

rawr!

assassingao
Teh UBER Typist

Post by assassingao » Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:02 am

People in coma are still alive, you know.

Just sayin'.

2-P
Revenent of the Replies

Post by 2-P » Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:02 am

ARARARAR you should finish this: http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=108006

:3
Humans don't have the patience to wait even ten minutes for something!

Return to “Updates & Discussion”