Positive Growth

This is where all random discussion about DoE goes. If it doesn't feel like it fits anywhere else but is still related to the map, this is the place to post it.
Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Re: Positive Growth

Post by Rising_Dusk » Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:23 pm

Oxygen wrote:it feels so alien to his skillset (chasing, hitting hard, ruin and ... ranged dot? what?
It doesn't feel alien to his skillset, it's a pressure ability which leads into assaults or allows him to finish targets off who run so he can pick on someone else with his heavy smacking. It makes absolute sense on his skillset, you're just blinded by the fact that you assume a hero that hits hard must only have skills that either make him hit harder or facilitate his ability to hit more often/more reliably. That is simply not the case.
Oxygen wrote:ie, they could chase targets with conditions on them faster...
Changes nothing about the ability except either making it unreliable or making it too able to keep up with someone.
Soul_Reaver wrote:It would make its overall performance a bit worse, but offer some nice combos in return.
I much prefer the current method of spawning ghosts.

Remember that not everything has to interact with conditions or whatever. The game is allowed a few skills here and again that simply 'do things.'
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

TheDeathstalker
Keeper of the Keys

Post by TheDeathstalker » Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:04 pm

For the ghosts, other than some lame means of having them detach (Initially go towards target unit, and if they reach him, they function as normal, but if they damage some other unit en route, they stick around there, or something like that), or making the damage tweaked to be useless or something, I can't find a way for the ghosts to really be fixed without some drastic reimigaining...

But along those lines, we're looking for what, a skill that gives him a fire and forget finisher and a means of dealing with groups? I can't think of anything right now, but I'll have the cogs be turning for a bit...
And though you come out of each gruelling bout,
All broken and beaten and scarred,
Just have one more try—it’s dead easy to die,
It’s the keeping-on-living that’s hard.

SetaSoujirou
Letter Linguist

Post by SetaSoujirou » Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:58 pm

Obligatory TEN THOUSANDTH POST
A wild §eta has appeared!
*Twinkle* Lv. 1337
No I'm not a troll.

Kurogamon
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Kurogamon » Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:18 pm

Make ghosts move slower than most heroes unless some condition (As in dictionary definition, not DoE definition) is satisfied on target hero? This doesn't necessarily have to be "Target hero has condition."
Can you hear them?

Phox
Letter Linguist

Post by Phox » Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:44 pm

Kurogamon wrote:Make ghosts move slower than most heroes unless some condition (As in dictionary definition, not DoE definition) is satisfied on target hero? This doesn't necessarily have to be "Target hero has condition."
I'm not sure I really like this idea much, but whatever. Having a condition (if there was one, I'd advocate it going faster if the hero in question is under X% health) kinda makes it a bit more situational.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:23 pm

I am convinced that Haunt really is happy as it is.. When 1.14 comes out, you'll see that Caliga's fine.
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Kurogamon
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Kurogamon » Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:55 pm

Alright, he's fine.

I had in mind that the ghosts would only move when the target hero was facing away, or at least would only move at a decent rate when target was facing away.
Can you hear them?

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Oxygen » Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:10 pm

Kurogamon wrote:Alright, he's fine.

I had in mind that the ghosts would only move when the target hero was facing away, or at least would only move at a decent rate when target was facing away.
like the ghosts in super mario! That's actually a really cool idea

Kurogamon
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Kurogamon » Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:33 pm

I thought then it has a counter, albeit one that isn't much better than waiting for the ghosts.
Can you hear them?

Return to “Updates & Discussion”