Positive Growth

This is where all random discussion about DoE goes. If it doesn't feel like it fits anywhere else but is still related to the map, this is the place to post it.
2-P
Revenent of the Replies

Re: Positive Growth

Post by 2-P » Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:34 pm

I miss the low faction items. Not exactly the old items themself, just the fact that you could get items for a bit of faction (upgrade kits don't count)... Well, probably mainly for the fact that they took up space at the neutral shops, meaning there was less room for powerful items haha.
Humans don't have the patience to wait even ten minutes for something!

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:52 pm

But you kinda have to consider upgrade kits. They are your low faction items now and there's no reason to not get them considering the 100% faction sellback they carry. Anyways, I quite like the powerful items. They build off of a hero to make them better, which is exactly what items should do.
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Oxygen » Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:05 pm

Rising_Dusk wrote:But you kinda have to consider upgrade kits. They are your low faction items now and there's no reason to not get them considering the 100% faction sellback they carry. Anyways, I quite like the powerful items. They build off of a hero to make them better, which is exactly what items should do.
It's always nice to have something to look beyond, and customization makes for alot of replayability... but I feel that certain heroes just don't benefit as much as other, and those may as well often fall under the category of less powerful heroes, correlatively. I'd like to see more variety. An item that buffs summons in some way would be sweet, for starters

Fledermaus
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Fledermaus » Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:45 pm

Speaking of next version, can we get Cali to have a hero blip on the minimap for allies?

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:58 pm

That's such a pain in the ass, but I guess it's a good idea...
Oxygen wrote:It's always nice to have something to look beyond, and customization makes for alot of replayability... but I feel that certain heroes just don't benefit as much as other, and those may as well often fall under the category of less powerful heroes, correlatively. I'd like to see more variety. An item that buffs summons in some way would be sweet, for starters
I know, I've kinda wanted one too for awhile. I'll think about it.

assassingao
Teh UBER Typist

Post by assassingao » Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:28 am

Ok, I tried Ztera out just a few minutes ago.

The only thing that was imbalanced was Zuma, Strike, and other skills (except sucky arrows) were never changed from back then, to now.

Tracer Arrows are too weak, too conditional, I think it should applies cripple for physical damage taken (or something), instead of by Zuma.

Zuma, Rawr aren't good, either, I spent points on it for healing only, maybe buff the armor bonus or something, or having a set of temporary damage reduction would help either. (I.E. decreases 5 damage from all attacks)

I fail to see Zuma's role in DoE. They exist in older versions, but now they're just a couple walking creeps waiting to be killed (well, creeps with 4 seconds stun.)

I'm going to try out Victor and Fahren later on when I have the chance.

Maltheron's cauterize is imbalanced, no matter how you put it, by the way. When it just applies 4 seconds of burn, it's imbalanced for supporting, but now, when it adds 4 seconds of burn, it's downright nightmarish in offense. Shorten the range or increasing cooldown might help. Any nerf will be helpful.

Intoxicated Crayon
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Intoxicated Crayon » Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:43 am

If you shorten the range of cauterize or increase its cooldown, it's worthless. If the cooldown is any higher you won't be able to trigger the double heal effect yourself unless the burn is even longer and if it's longer, there is too much damage D:. Shortening it's range would weaken it as an offensive and defensive ability so...

owie!

Ztera and Zuma are microing heroes. The tracer arrows are there so Ztera isn't just a figurehead for casting spells. You actually have to bring her in to boost Zumas effectiveness. Zuma Rawr pulls damage away from Ztera and heals Zuma. Since he taunts nearby units, the +armor is very useful. The only reason the healing is really nice because you're resisting a lot more damage after you cast it. It also compensates for Zumas disadvantage of 2 slots.

Zuma Strike is a stunning skill. It deals nice damage and stops the unit allowing the slower Ztera to catch up and assist Zuma. This lets her use Tracer Arrows to deal even more damage to her targets.

Ztera is an archer and what makes her cool is that she isn't generic and nocking arrows and volleying 3472987 things like Rose! If you ask me, Ztera's fine. Her skills are all worthwhile no matter what you choose.

There should definitely be some items for summons. I can't really think of any good ideas because I don't really manipulate the heroes that summon that well so I'll hold off on suggesting ideas but yeah..

Postive growth, sursly.

[edit; oh jeebus, 300. THIS. IS. SPARTTAAAAAAAA.]
English should not be a prerequisite for intelligence,

assassingao
Teh UBER Typist

Post by assassingao » Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:56 am

Tempus Link

If the hero takes damage, ALL player controlled unit is healed by X%.

Divine Infinitum

If a player controlled unit dies, it will explode upon death, dealing X% damage of it's max life.

I don't know how to make summon supporting items either :P

Fledermaus
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Fledermaus » Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:06 am

assassingao wrote:The only thing that was imbalanced was Zuma, Strike, and other skills (except sucky arrows) were never changed from back then, to now.

Tracer Arrows are too weak, too conditional, I think it should applies cripple for physical damage taken (or something), instead of by Zuma.
Just no. Tracer Arrows already result in a perma cripple to back up the already impressive double stun..
assassingao wrote: Zuma, Rawr aren't good, either, I spent points on it for healing only, maybe buff the armor bonus or something, or having a set of temporary damage reduction would help either. (I.E. decreases 5 damage from all attacks)
It's great for healing and occasionally tanking or taunting a fleeing hero, I think it's fine.

Admittedly, I cannot play z/Z very effectively (my micro is terrible) but I have been twinked over by them so much that there really is no way you can say they are underpowered. You are probably just in the same boat as me.

assassingao
Teh UBER Typist

Post by assassingao » Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:08 am

Zuma, RAWR shouldn't use animation, like how Dag's ENEMIES MUST DIE works.

2-P
Revenent of the Replies

Post by 2-P » Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:17 am

We need a replay with Scarlet playing Z/Z. rawr!

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:22 am

assassingao wrote:Zuma, RAWR shouldn't use animation, like how Dag's ENEMIES MUST DIE works.
Nah, I like that Zuma actually roars. It's adorable.

2-P
Revenent of the Replies

Post by 2-P » Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:24 am

There should definitely be some items for summons.
More rigged items for Dis? Yay! -.-

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:28 am

His summons are extraordinarily short-lived in 1.14, so most buffs to them via items wouldn't really do that much.

assassingao
Teh UBER Typist

Post by assassingao » Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:30 am

2-P wrote:We need a replay with Scarlet playing Z/Z. rawr!
Scout: Gimme that!

Return to “Updates & Discussion”