Vex, the Occult Primus

If you have a hero to suggest for future versions of DoE, place your suggestion in some readable format in this forum.
Phox
Letter Linguist

Vex, the Occult Primus

Post by Phox » Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:03 pm

Vex
Occult Primus
Intelligence; Order.
Probably Medivh model

Story.

Level 1 Skill:
The Fires Down Below
  • The target (can target allies or enemies) will take no damage for X seconds, then suffer all the damage they would have taken as Magickal damage.
Level 1 Skill:
Blood of Heresy
  • Nearby units (small AoE) will take X Magickal damage per second, and will have Bleed extended on them for Y seconds. Lasts 8 seconds.
Level 1 Skill:
Hallowed Ground
  • All conditions that would be applied or extended on enemies in the target area, are instead applied or extended on all enemies in that area. Adds a maximum of X seconds for each condition. The effect lasts 5 seconds.
Level 6 Ultimate:
Pact of the Shepherd
  • As long as the target enemy is alive and suffering from a condition, Vex cannot die. Lasts X seconds.

Vinnam
Wielder of the Ctrl-Alt-Delete

Re: Vex, the Occult Primus

Post by Vinnam » Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:06 pm

I'll give you your first critique, Phox.
Phox wrote: Level 1 Skill:
The Fires Down Below
  • The target (can target allies or enemies) will take no damage for X seconds, then suffer all the damage they would have taken as Magickal damage.
Oh my... This could very well result in 1-shot kills, if cast on say, Jhita. The time it lasts would have to be relatively short in order to counter-act that. If the damage bypassed armor, it'd be even MORE insane.
Phox wrote: [/list]Level 1 Skill:
Blood of Heresy
  • Nearby units (small AoE) will take X Magickal damage per second, and will have Bleed extended on them for Y seconds. Lasts 8 seconds.
This ability seems okay to me. No particular complaints.
Phox wrote: [/list]Level 1 Skill:
Hallowed Ground
  • All conditions that would be applied or extended on enemies in the target area, are instead applied or extended on all enemies in that area. Adds a maximum of X seconds for each condition. The effect lasts 5 seconds.
Hrmm... It's strangely worded, though I do get it. Let's see: If Skittle sends out Miasma, this could move the Miasma to another place and apply the conditions for Vex instead of Skittle? Also, the length is strangely worded. Maybe "The effect lasts 5 seconds +X for each condition being transferred"?
Phox wrote: [/list]Level 6 Ultimate:
Pact of the Shepherd
  • As long as the target enemy is alive and suffering from a condition, Vex cannot die. Lasts X seconds.
This is... Wow. Place it on Dag, and VEX WILL NEVAR DIE. Tone it down. Maybe he could take reduced damage, like 50/75/100%, but making him not die off the bat is just too much. Even with the length it lasts.
Trainer: Brendan Creed
ImageImageImage
Lineup: Noir & Batista

storyteller912510
Noobite Warrior

Post by storyteller912510 » Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:25 pm

For Hallowed Ground, I think he meant that if one enemy in the area gets/extends a condition, then all the enemies in the area gets/extends the condition. For example, if there are 5 enemy units in the area, and you burn one of them, all of them gets burned. The Maximum is for the amount of time the conditions can be extended, if it was indeed extending.

Assuming my interpretation of Hallowed Ground is correct, If you combine it with Blood of Heresy... If there are 5 units in the area for both Blood of Heresy and Hallowed Ground, and are bleeding, does that mean each of them gets bleed extended 5 times (once for self and once for every other unit in the area)?

Phox
Letter Linguist

Post by Phox » Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:25 pm

Vinnam wrote:Oh my... This could very well result in 1-shot kills, if cast on say, Jhita. The time it lasts would have to be relatively short in order to counter-act that. If the damage bypassed armor, it'd be even MORE insane.
Perhaps, yeah. Except that they would have taken that damage anyway...
Vinnam wrote:Hrmm... It's strangely worded, though I do get it. Let's see: If Skittle sends out Miasma, this could move the Miasma to another place and apply the conditions for Vex instead of Skittle? Also, the length is strangely worded. Maybe "The effect lasts 5 seconds +X for each condition being transferred"?
I'm changing this ability anyway. It's a bit of a filler.[/quote]
Vinnam wrote:This is... Wow. Place it on Dag, and VEX WILL NEVAR DIE. Tone it down. Maybe he could take reduced damage, like 50/75/100%, but making him not die off the bat is just too much. Even with the length it lasts.
Yeah, maybe. But someone running away and using a potion or whatever completely negates the effect. But yeah, you're right in that it's a bit much.

I also don't really appreciate the 'oh my' and such. Be as harsh in your criticism as you want, but don't talk down to me.

storyteller912510 wrote:Assuming my interpretation of Hallowed Ground is correct, If you combine it with Blood of Heresy... If there are 5 units in the area for both Blood of Heresy and Hallowed Ground, and are bleeding, does that mean each of them gets bleed extended 5 times (once for self and once for every other unit in the area)?
You are correct. And it's incredibly overpowered and a filler, so I'm changing it.

Return to “Hero Suggestions”