Blinky the Dimensional Traveler!

If you have a hero to suggest for future versions of DoE, place your suggestion in some readable format in this forum.
snakehawk37
Holder of the Alt-F4

Blinky the Dimensional Traveler!

Post by snakehawk37 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:18 am

Blinky
Dimensional Traveler
Intelligence; Bane.
Ranged (500), Low strength
Not sure what model, something small though.

Story.

Innate: Poof
  • Blinky can not move, but instead can teleport for up to 1000 range every 3 seconds
Note: This can still be "cast" while muted.

Level 1 Skill:
Watch it!
  • Passive. When Blinky teleports, all units in x AoE receive y damage and are maimed for z seconds.
Level 1 Skill:
Hit me Harder
  • Blinky absorbs x% (20-100) of damage dealt for the next 3 seconds, and if he teleports within 5 seconds of casting this, all damage absorbed will be released, dealing additional damage to maimed units.
Level 1 Skill:
Hey, Over Here
  • The next time Blinky teleports, 3 clones will be created in different directions. Clones do x% damage, but die on taking damage, dealing y damage to and blinding all units in 500 AoE. Deals additional damage to maimed units.
    (Clones also trigger Watch It!)
Level 6 Ultimate:
Now You See Me...
  • Blinky’s Poof has no cooldown. Lasts x seconds.
OR

Level 6 Ultimate:
Now You See Me...
  • Blinky’s Poof has no cooldown. Lasts x charges.

Comments.

Haven't done this in quite a long time. Meant to be a fun hero, with a playful character akin to Scamp. Basic idea is since you can only move once every 3 seconds, each move has to be deliberate, and then you have to rape from wherever you blinked to. He is meant to be a glass cannon I guess, but can really make himself hard to kill with maim/blind/ulti. He'd be awesome at annoying people who rely on non-spell damage to no end. Also, I guess move speed increasing items would not affect him.

Note on "Hey, Over Here" : The clones would be formed equidistant from where Blinky was to where he goes. So assuming he starts at (0,0) on an XY plane, and blinks to (2,0), clones would form at (0,2) (-2,0) and (0,-2)

Comments (and name suggestions) are very much appreciated!
Last edited by snakehawk37 on Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:57 pm, edited 8 times in total.

storyteller912510
Noobite Warrior

Re: Blinky the Dimensional Traveler! (name pending)

Post by storyteller912510 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:19 am

Hello! Since I've never played DOE and was never really good at critiquing, I don't know how much my comments will be worth, but here's what I think.

The fact that there are repeated 3 sec duration for which he can't move doesn't sit well with me. I don't know if DoE has "big" spells like ToB's TGP or Boat, but that's basically asking to be hit with something of the kind. People can just wait till you move to hit you, and you have no real way of avoiding it.

For the clones, do they last indefinitely unless hit? Can they blink, too, or are they stuck?

Lastly, the only thing you can do on this hero is... blink, blink, and blink. Even the other spells require you to blink for it to really do much. On my part, I would get bored of the constant blinking.

Well, that's it from me... interesting hero though :D

Vinnam
Wielder of the Ctrl-Alt-Delete

Post by Vinnam » Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:59 am

Heya, snake. Nice hero, but i've got to poke a hole or two in it xD

First of all, the blink seems a bit hampered by the "every 3 seconds", though after reading through the hero it seems reasonable considering his ult.

The Innate seems to pass the "essential to the hero" test, though I can't wonder if the blink couldn't be worked into a skill. Still better than some of the innates i've seen.

Watch It! seems like a nice skill, if only because it improves his survivability to a degree. I can imagine it being used for blink-snipes because of the damage.

Hit me Harder has nice synergy with Watch It!, and emphasizes the necessity of quick reflexes for this hero. Kinda Dis like.

Hey, Over Here seems a bit overpowered if the Clones actually deal 100% damage. Maybe make it 30/40/50/60/70% damage? That way you can't surround someone with perfect clones of Blinky right off the bat. The damage/Blind seems like a nice addition as well.

Now You See Me's condition immunity seems a bit tacked on, imo, though the "no-C/D blink" seems like a natural ult and has the potential to be devastating if being used by a good micro-manager.
Trainer: Brendan Creed
ImageImageImage
Lineup: Noir & Batista

snakehawk37
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by snakehawk37 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:43 pm

storyteller912510 wrote:The fact that there are repeated 3 sec duration for which he can't move doesn't sit well with me. I don't know if DoE has "big" spells like ToB's TGP or Boat, but that's basically asking to be hit with something of the kind. People can just wait till you move to hit you, and you have no real way of avoiding it.
This is the hero's main weakness, and Hit me Harder / clones would be the main ways of coping with this.
storyteller912510 wrote:For the clones, do they last indefinitely unless hit? Can they blink, too, or are they stuck?
They can not blink, but I think they should last, say, 2x the cooldown?
storyteller912510 wrote:Lastly, the only thing you can do on this hero is... blink, blink, and blink. Even the other spells require you to blink for it to really do much. On my part, I would get bored of the constant blinking.
I guess this hero is geared more towards us blink-lovers ;D
Vinnam wrote:Heya, snake. Nice hero, but i've got to poke a hole or two in it xD
naturally :lol:
Vinnam wrote:Hey, Over Here seems a bit overpowered if the Clones actually deal 100% damage. Maybe make it 30/40/50/60/70% damage? That way you can't surround someone with perfect clones of Blinky right off the bat. The damage/Blind seems like a nice addition as well.
This is true, the numbers should scale rather than the static 100% as I have it.
Vinnam wrote:Hit me Harder has nice synergy with Watch It!, and emphasizes the necessity of quick reflexes for this hero. Kinda Dis like.
Yea, imagine AK throwing a fireball, or glyphe his axes, etc etc, you throw this up right before they hit and then blink to counter-pwn them.
Vinnam wrote:Now You See Me's condition immunity seems a bit tacked on, imo, though the "no-C/D blink" seems like a natural ult and has the potential to be devastating if being used by a good micro-manager.
Yea you are right, I did this mainly to prevent him from being muted while in his ulti, idk if I should just take condition immunity out completely or what.

Thanks for the comments guys, I'll edit a few things, and hopefully get some more comments.

Soul_Reaver
Revenent of the Replies

Re: Blinky the Dimensional Traveler!

Post by Soul_Reaver » Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:49 pm

This hero is easily countered by a constant Mute (Meridia or Innert), I don't know if it was intentional.
I like the hero design, it seems to be an example of a well-made innate ability.

Do you have a mana cost on the innate?
If not, 'Now You See Me' and 'Watch it!' is too powerful together. May I suggest something like:

Level 6 Ultimate:
'Now You See Me'
Blinky's Poof has no cooldown for [X] uses.

snakehawk37
Holder of the Alt-F4

Re: Blinky the Dimensional Traveler!

Post by snakehawk37 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:14 pm

Soul_Reaver wrote:This hero is easily countered by a constant Mute (Meridia or Innert), I don't know if it was intentional.
I like the hero design, it seems to be an example of a well-made innate ability.
Yea, originally I had it so that the ulti makes him condition-immune. However, the Hallowed doesn't really have incredibly-easy-to-apply mute like Meridia (excluding parhel and thunder warded glyphe with ultis on), so I figured it would be okay to let this be the case.
Soul_Reaver wrote: Do you have a mana cost on the innate?
If not, 'Now You See Me' and 'Watch it!' is too powerful together. May I suggest something like:
The reason I didn't want to put a mana cost on the innate is because it is his only way of moving, and if hes oom, he should still be able to move around.

Although I do agree that having absolutely no cooldown would probably be incredibly OP for the reason you stated. I'll leave both mine and yours in the hero until I can think of something more elegant.

Return to “Hero Suggestions”