"Frostbite", Ever-Winter Maiden

If you have a hero to suggest for future versions of DoE, place your suggestion in some readable format in this forum.
storyteller912510
Noobite Warrior

"Frostbite", Ever-Winter Maiden

Post by storyteller912510 » Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:54 pm

“Frostbite”
Ever-Winter Maiden
Intelligence/???

It is a hot, summer day. The sun is bright, the trees and grass are green, the cicadas are crying, and… snow? Yes, snow is falling. Soon, the last traces of the green on the ground were blanketed by the clean, white snow. In the midst of this snowfall walked a young maiden, her pale skin lightly tinted blue from the cold, who donned only a tattered, white dress. As she walked, the maiden noticed a single flower that still poked its head above the wintry carpet. She bent down and with her hands scooped through the thin layer of snow and into the loose soil underneath, capturing the flower in her hands. Admiring the little flower, the maiden smiled a moment, but her smile soon turned into a frown as the flower wilted in her hands. The maiden gave a little sigh and stood up, letting fall the wilted flower and the now frozen-solid soil that accompanied it. Then, she walked on into the wintry landscape.

Level 1 Skill:
Frigid Zone
  • Passive. Frostbite causes the corpses around her to freeze. When a unit dies within x distance of Frostbite, it produces a Frozen Cadaver.
    • Frozen Cadaver – lasts indefinitely. Frozen Cadaver cannot move or attack and has low health. Units within y distance of a Frozen Cadaver have -z health regeneration. When hit by Frozen Hammer, Frozen Cadaver explodes, dealing A damage and causing bleed for B sec in an area.
Level 1 Skill:
Iced Blood
  • Activated Single Target. Frostbite sends a blast of frigid air towards the target, dealing y damage. If target is bleeding, the spilt blood freezes, removing the bleeding but crippling the unit for z sec.
Level 1 Skill:
Frozen Hammer
  • Activated Location Target. Frostbite summons a pillar of ice above the target location, which will drop down in x sec, dealing y damage to and knocking down any unit under it. It has small effect area and is spammable.
Level 6 Ultimate:
Deep Freeze
  • Activated Self-Buff. Until the buff ends, Iced Blood and Frozen Hammer does x% more damage and Frozen Cadavers produced during this time have y% more health. If a unit taking damage from Iced Blood or Frozen Hammer has a condition (beforehand), the unit has its maximum health reduced by the damage taken for z sec.
Last edited by storyteller912510 on Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

SetaSoujirou
Letter Linguist

Re: "Frostbite", Ever-Winter Maiden

Post by SetaSoujirou » Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:00 am

I like how they work together, but the ult could use work. Too many attack spells? Exuro has just as many, AK has even more, Etc.
A wild §eta has appeared!
*Twinkle* Lv. 1337
No I'm not a troll.

storyteller912510
Noobite Warrior

Post by storyteller912510 » Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:42 am

Before some revision, the ult also did some damage in an aoe, so pretty much all the spells were damage spells.

Generally, Frigid Zone produces Frozen Cadaver -> Frozen Hammer of Frozen Cadaver to bleed enemies -> Iced Blood cripples bleeding enemies -> Frozen Hammer is more likely to hit directly.

The Ult does seem somewhat lacking now... would it be better if I combined/replaced Bitter Cold with Frigid Zone and gave her a new ult?

SetaSoujirou
Letter Linguist

Post by SetaSoujirou » Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:15 pm

I already knew the ult did damage, but is much to situation to actually hit much with it unless you're incompetent and run into it. I have no idea what you can do with your ultimate though.
A wild §eta has appeared!
*Twinkle* Lv. 1337
No I'm not a troll.

storyteller912510
Noobite Warrior

Post by storyteller912510 » Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:14 pm

I meant that the Ult used to do damage in an aoe on top of creating frozen cadavers(which, of course, also did damage in aoe).

But, yeah, Ult will be hard to hit specific people with. You could create cadavers all over the map and hit them with hammer when you happen chase someone into one, but it'll still be hard. I think I'll somehow combine bitter cold and frigid zone, make it a lvl 1 skill, and give her a new ult...

storyteller912510
Noobite Warrior

Post by storyteller912510 » Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:05 pm

So, I replaced Bitter Cold with Frigid Zone + little revision, and slapped on a new ult. I'll probably have to give her a different ult even now, though.

Please leave comments. For someone like me, who's never played DoE (or AotZ for that matter), comments are the only way I can know how well/badly i'm doing.

Intoxicated Crayon
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Intoxicated Crayon » Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:15 pm

Well, it's a much better start and I sort of like this hero however... Desert of Exile does take place in a desert so a ice caster within a desert? It's all hard to believe and the only way you can get a ice caster into DoE is unless it's so awesome it'd be dumb to leave it out which is hard especially with casters who spells that contradict with the environment x x. I especially like how you freeze blood and the way you introduce these cadavers into the picture. It blends quite well but once again, it's ice and it appears like Cadavers are useless unless you have Frozen Hammer. I wish the best of luck to you!

~Intoxicated Crayon?!
English should not be a prerequisite for intelligence,

snakehawk37
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by snakehawk37 » Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:48 pm

Hey, I tried my hand at an ice hero a while ago, and failed. You have some really interesting ideas. Right now Frigid Zone has no real function though unless you have hammer. IMO, just make Frozen Hammer apply bleed to struck units but with a decent AoE. Iced Blood and Frozen Hammer are good ideas though.

The idea of Cadavers, while interesting, don't really add anything to the hero that would make him more fun to play. At the moment, they are just a complex way of applying bleed. Get rid of cadavers, or make them more interesting/useful. In general though, having one spell should never be required for other spells to be useful.

About the ulti, buffing all your other skills is not that exciting, so I agree that you should change it again.

Return to “Hero Suggestions”