Santiago, The Fatal Songbird

If you have a hero to suggest for future versions of DoE, place your suggestion in some readable format in this forum.
Vinnam
Wielder of the Ctrl-Alt-Delete

Santiago, The Fatal Songbird

Post by Vinnam » Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:49 pm

Santiago, the Fatal Songbird
Bane; Agility

The Songbird stalks, the Songbird kills,
The Songbird lives by his deadly skills.
So, friend, beware the Songbird's glance:
If you're his prey, you'll have no chance...

Level One Skills
[Placeholder]
Passive
Every time Santiago is afflicted with a condition, his attack speed increases by X% and his attacks extend the duration of Maim on enemies by Y seconds for Z seconds afterwards.

Dead Eye
Self-Buff
After activating Dead-eye, Santiago’s cause struck foes to Bleed for X seconds and cause Cripple for Y seconds to foes suffering from Maim. Lasts Z seconds.

[Placeholder]
Line Attack
Santiago chambers his rifle with a high-impact slug that travels in a line through enemy units, dealing X Physical damage and Ruining struck foes for Y seconds. In addition, [Placeholder]inflicts Maim on struck units for Z seconds.

Ultimate
One Shot, One Kill
Channeled, Single Unit Target
Santiago aims for X seconds, then shoots target enemy, dealing Y Physical damage. For every condition the target is suffering from, One Shot, One Kill deals Z% more damage in addition to its base damage. Afterwards, Santiago is Crippled for X seconds.

Changelog:
-Quick Draw's Condition has been changed to Ruin instead of Maim.
-Dead-eye's Condition has been changed to Ruin instead of Cripple.
-One Shot, One Kill has been changed so it no longer removes conditions. It also now applies Cripple to Santiago.
-Kill-Zone has been changed to inflict Ruin instead of Bleed
-Dead Eye and One Shot, One Kill have exchanged places. One Shot, One Kill is now the Ultimate.
-Dead Eye's condition has been changed from Knockdown to Cripple.
-Kill Zone drastically changed, hopefully better now.
-Both Kill Zone and Quick Draw are getting name changes.
-Dead Eye's condition has been changed from Ruin to Bleed.

A note on the skills:

I tried to get away from Magoichi while making this hero, though I don’t know how successful my efforts were.

I intended Quick Draw to be a short buff, say around 8-10 static seconds for all the levels with the duration of the conditions increased instead. Also, I’m hoping that the ability can be made so that each condition adds more Attack speed instead of refreshing the duration of Quick Draw, though the latter option might be more reasonable in the wider scope of things.

One Shot, One Kill I imagined having a slightly faster Channeling time with increased levels, such as going down from 6 seconds to 2 seconds. The bonus damage would increase, but the base damage would stay a static number such as 100 or 120.

I like the new Kill Zone, which was suggested to me by Kings_Mercy in the VZ channel. I assume it'll have a long CD, otherwise people could spam it relatively easily. Say around 20-30 seconds might be a feasible time.

Dead-eye is more for story reasons than actually needing the skill, in my opinion, though it does fit. Entering a state of heightened awareness, popping off unbelievable shots at enemies and hitting them so hard they drop… I like it. Of course, it’d last around 10-15 seconds at most. I’m also worried about the potential for perma-KDs.

Overall, I think my hero meshes well. He could use a better title, but I can’t really think of a good one right now, though I do like Santiago for a hero name.

Btw... Lerris is just my ubiquitous commander, nothing to do with Pazu <.<

Oh, and here's a little innate that won't be included but I tried to make fit with Santiago. Feel free to review it, though it won't be in the final product.

Thousand-Yard Stare
Innate
Every time Santiago is afflicted with a condition, his attack range increases by X for the duration of the condition.
Last edited by Vinnam on Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:09 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Trainer: Brendan Creed
ImageImageImage
Lineup: Noir & Batista

Rizock
Noobite Warrior

Re: Santiago, Deadly Marksman

Post by Rizock » Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:51 pm

I actually like the feel of this guy... you beat on them a bit... you both get low, you barrage, he runs, then Santiago goes: Sniped! Obviously things won't go that smooth, but still!

I also like dead Eye, but it seems kind of strange with the rest of the abilities, specifically the OSOK(>.>).

Vinnam

Post by Vinnam » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:49 am

Dead-eye is a bit of a power-up skill, as it helps you apply conditions. Plus, if you apply Maim with Kill-Zone, it'll be a literal kill zone with all those KDs happening. It works with OSOK, at least in my opinion, by helping add Conditions which charge up OSOK's damage.

Kill Zone may be getting a revamp, since I think it's a bit too click-boomy atm. Keep watching!
ImageImageImage

Hell_Tempest
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Hell_Tempest » Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:51 pm

Kill Zone is a bit too aim-shooty.

I can see how Dead Eye and OSOK would work well together, but what kind of cd and channel time are we looking at for OSOK? In order for it to be effective with Dead Eye, it would have to be fairly short.

Vinnam

Post by Vinnam » Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:59 pm

Hell_Tempest wrote:Kill Zone is a bit too aim-shooty.
I can see how you came to that conclusion. It seemed a little bland to me as well, which is why I stated in my previous post that i'm working on a new version. I want to keep the maim aspect of it, since I want to be able to apply maim in at least one way (or change the focus of the hero from Maim to Ruin), but I plan on making it less of a point and click.
Hell_Tempest wrote:I can see how Dead Eye and OSOK would work well together, but what kind of cd and channel time are we looking at for OSOK? In order for it to be effective with Dead Eye, it would have to be fairly short.
Actually, I was thinking of flipping Dead Eye and OSOK around, so that Dead Eye is a regular ability and OSOK is an ult. It seems more Ulty to me anyway. For the CD and Channeling time of OSOK, I was thinking maybe 8/7/6/5/4/3 for the channeling time and a static CD of 8-10 seconds. As an ult, maybe a channel time of 6/4/2 with a static CD of 8 seconds.

Keep that critique coming!
ImageImageImage

Vinnam

Re: Santiago, The Fatal Songbird

Post by Vinnam » Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:35 pm

Santiago has been almost entirely reformatted, and more changes will be coming soon. Come in for a look-see!

And yes, I realize I need more skill interaction. That's gonna be coming along with new names for the 2 abilites I have as placeholders atm <.<
ImageImageImage

Blitzkrieger
Champion Noobite

Re: Santiago, The Fatal Songbird

Post by Blitzkrieger » Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:53 am

Im also constantly reminded of Justice from the short lived Afro Samurai series
that would be more for bane I guess though
Just whippin' ideas out there
"Rage, rage against the dying of the light."- Dylan Thomas

Return to “Hero Suggestions”