Trace, Mirror Mimic

If you have a hero to suggest for future versions of DoE, place your suggestion in some readable format in this forum.
LightburneR
Holder of the Alt-F4

Trace, Mirror Mimic

Post by LightburneR » Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:50 am

Trace
Mirror Mimic
Agility; The Bane of Eternity

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He was just another warrior, yet he held more weapons than us. He would hold more weapons than us.

But. He would only wield them. Wield.

He is not their true owner, yet they obeyed him. They obeyed him.

Steel. It clashes and clangs all around him. Clashes. Clangs.

Trace: His name. Trace: His origin. Trace: His weapons. Our weapons.

He was a mirror. Us in him. They in you. Many in one.

And we were his mirror. He would clone us, and us, him.

"Charge fearless into yourselves."

The monster that stood before us was human, yet he was a banite.

Trace: The reflection of hatred.
Trace: Weapons of pain.
Trace: The seeds of discord.
Trace: Ourselves.

Who are we now?

Who... are we?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Innate:
Trace: Weapon (Preperation)
  • Trace creates a weapon in his mind and projects it. His next X attacks will deal an additional Y damage. Stacks up to Z times.
Level 1 Skill:
Trace: Multitude (Passive)
  • Trace's skills and attacks splash around the target dealing X% damage, as physical damage, to nearby enemies.
Level 1 Skill:
Broken Angel (Active)
  • Trace charges up a weapon, causing it to be unstable. He then fires it, dealing Y magickal damage to a target and Ruining it for X seconds. Nearby enemies also take 50% of the damage and are Ruined. Expands one traced weapon.
-> Seriously low cooldown.

Level 1 Skill:
Barrage (Toggeable Passive)
  • Whilst active, Trace fires a weapon to a random enemy for each traced weapon, dealing X physical damage and extending Bleed for Y seconds. Units that are bleeding in such a way take an additional Z physical damage and have bleed extended by Y seconds should Trace damage them physically again, except through this effect.
Level 6 Ultimate:
Endless Mirror Arrangement (Active)
  • For the next X seconds, Trace: Weapon has no cooldown and Trace also attacks Y% faster.
Last edited by LightburneR on Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Its... its... a NEW SIG!! OMG!!

O_O"

SetaSoujirou
Letter Linguist

Re: Trace, Mirror Mimic

Post by SetaSoujirou » Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:39 pm

I may be nitpicking, but I dislike how the innate plays this hero. Doesn't really sound FUN, although better than other innate attempts.
A wild §eta has appeared!
*Twinkle* Lv. 1337
No I'm not a troll.

Soul_Reaver
Revenent of the Replies

Post by Soul_Reaver » Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:32 pm

I like the story, but be warned, you'll get some hate for including an innate.

TheDeathstalker
Keeper of the Keys

Post by TheDeathstalker » Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:58 pm

I'd honestly say it's not the inclusion of the innate that I'd "hate" for, but moreso the fact that it seems to have broken the rest of the flow of the hero. Look at the hero, you have a single active skill that's trying to do literally everything. Physical damage, magickal damage, Burn and Ruin and AoE AND it's spammable, but that is the only actual skill skill (it's also unclear as to if this is a point click, line, or what not type of skill, as I have no idea what the Broken Angel is that is being fired). But no, look at every other skill, we've got Preparation, Passive, Activated Passive, and an Active that is just a single click. The actual in game means of playing this hero seems either one of two things. One: snipe with Broken Angel, or Two: Barrage -> Innatespam -> Instakill, because honestly, Move speed boost and damage boost is about all there is here, other than the Broken Angel, which doesn't really mesh well with anything other than being an obnoxious source of Ruin.

Much like Seta said, there isn't really much that would be fun about this hero, it's just +damage and Broken Angel, and that's mostly it. I think the big problem is that two of your skills do nothing but passively (or almost passively) buff the innate, leaving too much work for Broken Angel to do, and then leaving Barrage as just kinda... there. Barrage isn't bad, but it isn't good either, it's just present. I really don't know what to say about this hero other than there really needs to be a bit more subtlety to him, and not just stacking damage for instant death.
And though you come out of each gruelling bout,
All broken and beaten and scarred,
Just have one more try—it’s dead easy to die,
It’s the keeping-on-living that’s hard.

LightburneR
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by LightburneR » Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:16 am

I added more "spice" to Barrage.

Trace: Origin (Passive)
  • Trace's skills do additional Y damage. Trace: Weapon gains an X damage boost.
has been replaced with Trace: Multitude

I cut down on the excess text for Broken Angel, scrapped the physical damage aspect and Burn.
Its... its... a NEW SIG!! OMG!!

O_O"

Phox
Letter Linguist

Post by Phox » Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:13 pm

WHY is there an innate? I just don't understand how it could possibly be central to the hero...

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:53 pm

I should make a hero out of this theme as an example on how an innate can work.
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Return to “Hero Suggestions”