Lore Discussion

This is where all random discussion about DoE goes. If it doesn't feel like it fits anywhere else but is still related to the map, this is the place to post it.
assassingao
Teh UBER Typist

Re: Lore Discussion

Post by assassingao » Fri May 16, 2008 11:27 pm

What happened to Kaze prior to DoE?

Victor was sent to clear out "demonic infestation" (Which I assumed that it was the bane.) in Kaze. And Ztera ran away from the Banenites, trying to reach Kaze.

Pigger
Revenent of the Replies

Post by Pigger » Sat May 17, 2008 12:51 am

How many ancients exist at either the time of DoE or AotZ? I felt like I needed to toss out a question :D

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Sat May 17, 2008 11:42 am

assassingao wrote:What happened to Kaze prior to DoE?
It's still there, but it's been forced to ally its forces with Argon's to ensure the potential survival of their respective populaces. It's still alive and kicking, certainly fighting minor baneite invasions here and again. Not all baneites have a tendency to follow the leader, some go rabid and think they can do better on their own. Some actually do.
Pigger wrote:How many ancients exist at either the time of DoE or AotZ?
Uhm.. A lot? There's no way to give a numerical answer, there are more in the antivoid than void, that's about the best can be given.
Pigger wrote:I felt like I needed to toss out a question
Don't ask questions for the sake of keeping me typing... Ask them if you genuinely want to know the answer...
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

TheIrishPatriot
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by TheIrishPatriot » Sat May 17, 2008 11:58 am

Kaze? Argon? What are these places?
Read my prose please :).
An tírghrá Éireannach

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Sat May 17, 2008 12:00 pm

They are cities, obviously.

Deschain
Diabolical Doomsayer

Post by Deschain » Sat May 17, 2008 12:48 pm

What happens to a Voidwalker if his opposite Antivoidwalker dies?

Can Voidwalkers absorb other Antivoidwalkers (those that aren't his exact opposite) to become more powerful?
Those who seek war deserve for the war to find them.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Sat May 17, 2008 1:11 pm

Deschain wrote:What happens to a Voidwalker if his opposite Antivoidwalker dies?
Nothing.
Deschain wrote:Can Voidwalkers absorb other Antivoidwalkers (those that aren't his exact opposite) to become more powerful?
Of course.

Soul_Reaver
Revenent of the Replies

Post by Soul_Reaver » Sat May 17, 2008 1:16 pm

Rising_Dusk wrote:
Surely if he has that much control over his capabilities
Oh, see therein lies the problem. In this case, it's all or nothing. He can destroy everything, or he has to do it the good ole' fashioned way. Consider the physics that cause a nuclear bomb to go off. If you don't want it to go off, that isn't hard! But even the slightest of incentive, the slightest push, any want for it to go off and the WHOLE THING goes off, not just some fraction of it.

That's much like how it works with Exuro. He can't just "wipe out all resistance" because in doing so he'd wipe out his own army, himself, and both the worlds he wants to control all at once. What good is that unless you're about to die anyways?
I can imagine the story advancing to this point where Exuro is about to die, and grows so desperate that he simply destroys everything in his "Nothing or Everything" style. If the world can't be his, then it will be noone's...

Epic ending, and then... eternal darkness.

The Bane has to loose in the end.

Also, a question, if a Void-Dweller, like Azzr dies in the Anti-Void he will be returned to the Void, crippled.
Does this rule apply to the inhabitants of the Anti-Void? For example a member of the Hallowed Order dies in the Void, will he return to the Anti-Void in a weaker state?

Also, redarding reviving in DoE and AotZ, when Bane heroes are killed, they regenerate in the Void and revive? How would this work with Glasse? How does the Order revive? Or is this just a must because of gameplay?

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Sat May 17, 2008 1:27 pm

Soul_Reaver wrote:Also, a question, if a Void-Dweller, like Azzr dies in the Anti-Void he will be returned to the Void, crippled.
Does this rule apply to the inhabitants of the Anti-Void? For example a member of the Hallowed Order dies in the Void, will he return to the Anti-Void in a weaker state?
You misunderstand. There are voidwalkers, there are antivoidwalkers, there are humans, there are baneites, etc. The only two that 'return' to their original domain upon death in the opposite realm are the voidwalkers and antivoidwalkers. If Astelan dies, no matter where he dies, he will be dead. Ressurection in the maps is a plot device, it doesn't actually happen.

Soul_Reaver
Revenent of the Replies

Post by Soul_Reaver » Sat May 17, 2008 1:37 pm

So that's why the Banites leave corpses, it's clear now. :D

assassingao
Teh UBER Typist

Post by assassingao » Sun May 18, 2008 3:21 am

What will happen if the Voidwalker absorbed the Antivoidwalker that is exact opposite of him?

The voidwalker will perish, or the Voidwalker cannot absorb the essence of the antivoidwalker?

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Sun May 18, 2008 3:32 am

assassingao wrote:What will happen if the Voidwalker absorbed the Antivoidwalker that is exact opposite of him?
The voidwalker gains perfect control over whatever aspect he represents. Nothing particularly special happens otherwise.

Fulla
CAPS LOCK INCARNATE

Post by Fulla » Sun May 18, 2008 3:51 am

So for every voidwalker there is an anti voidwalker?

If so does anything happen if ones opposite dies?

How do voidwalkers grow in power? Can them consume other voidwalkers or anti-voidwalkers?

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Sun May 18, 2008 5:09 am

Fulla wrote:So for every voidwalker there is an anti voidwalker?
Rather there was at one point. Not all voidwalkers or antivoidwalkers are still alive at this point in time, so potentially a VW or AVW's opposite could be dead.
Fulla wrote:If so does anything happen if ones opposite dies?
Nope, nothing special. They are independent beings sharing similar powers and attributes since the cataclysm, nothing more.
Fulla wrote:How do voidwalkers grow in power? Can them consume other voidwalkers or anti-voidwalkers?
One can only 'consume' (Such a terrible word, it's not really consuming..) the opposite type of elemental. VWs can take in AVWs and vice versa only. Otherwise, they cannot become more powerful, only more experienced at using their powers. Needless to say, with such overwhelming powers, that may be all it takes.

VZManticoran
Wielder of the Ctrl-Alt-Delete

Post by VZManticoran » Sun May 18, 2008 8:41 am

If Exuro absorbed its opposite, would he lose the nuke aspect to his powers?
Image Image Image Image Image
--------Eli-------------Ben------------Alex----------Isabelle---------David----

Return to “Updates & Discussion”