v0.10r Discussion

All assorted discussion regarding Obsidian Depths, options, heroes, and everything should go in here. If you can't think of a place to post something and it's relevant to OD, I recommend it be put here.
Merlin
Wielder of the Ctrl-Alt-Delete

Re: v0.10r Discussion

Post by Merlin » Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:56 pm

The easiest way to beat Ventor right now is to mass skellies. Just sit at the shop after you complete the objective and have your necros use their golems to make skellies. With 3 or 4 dozen you can take him out in under 30 seconds. This will become considerably more difficult to do once the Ventor encounter begins on a 30 second timer, but still doable, if your goal is to have tons of skellies before the floor objective is completed.
Loki wrote:I disagree since Endurance Pallies on GA can easily tank and help keep aggro on Ventor.
There is no aggro as far as I can tell. Targeting is based on how low your %HP is and your distance, not damage or healing, or any kind of "threat".

Loki
Gypsy
Location: In a sea of paper cranes and a sky of paper planes.

Post by Loki » Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:12 pm

Just sit at the shop after you complete the objective and have your necros use their golems to make skellies. With 3 or 4 dozen you can take him out in under 30 seconds.
Which is probably one of the reasons why L2 is being remade.
Targeting is based on how low your %HP is and your distance,
You are still being targeted by Ventor nonetheless?
Let's do what comes naturally
ImageImageImageImage
I'll be waiting in Haven.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:02 pm

Yeah, the AI doesn't prioritize healers or the like. It takes the closest thing it can hit and if something with low life (or low max life, resulting in lower life) is close by it'll bum rush it. Some things behave differently, of course.
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Merlin
Wielder of the Ctrl-Alt-Delete

Post by Merlin » Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:15 am

Loki wrote:
Targeting is based on how low your %HP is and your distance,
You are still being targeted by Ventor nonetheless?
Yeah, but what I mean is that there's no way in which you can reliably keep aggro. The best that non-tanking melee classes can do is back off if Ventor turns and starts hitting them.

I'm tempted to suggest a threat system, but that's likely to open a can of worms.

Rectifier
Revenent of the Replies

Post by Rectifier » Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:16 pm

Rising_Dusk wrote:Yeah, the AI doesn't prioritize healers or the like. It takes the closest thing it can hit and if something with low life (or low max life, resulting in lower life) is close by it'll bum rush it.
I've heard enough, I officially love this aggro system.

TheDeathstalker
Keeper of the Keys

Post by TheDeathstalker » Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:11 pm

Rising_Dusk wrote:Yeah, the AI doesn't prioritize healers or the like. It takes the closest thing it can hit and if something with low life (or low max life, resulting in lower life) is close by it'll bum rush it. Some things behave differently, of course.
So that's why Bone Walls can draw aggro like pros... sweet.
And though you come out of each gruelling bout,
All broken and beaten and scarred,
Just have one more try—it’s dead easy to die,
It’s the keeping-on-living that’s hard.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:06 pm

Summons also take aggro priority over everything else. This is so they are effective meat shields.

Kurogamon
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Kurogamon » Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:59 pm

So how custom is the OD AI?
Can you hear them?

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:19 pm

I played with priorities and some other things a lot, but I pride myself on taking as much advantage of standard WC3 AI as humanly possible. There's no need to reinvent the wheel, after all.

shalnath
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by shalnath » Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:19 am

I moved the last few posts to a more appropriate topic.

Rawr.
"Within every world, there are cultures, within every culture, there are groups, within every group, there are leaders. These leaders are not truly chosen, they are destined, it is their fate to lead, and it is this fate that drives them. Souls yearn to be driven, they in themselves can not direct, however, these leaders are predetermined, by whatever means, to guide the wills and mend the errors of these wandering souls. A forest, cold, cured, flawless, meticulous, and fearful, what drives it, what keeps the balance? The inner beings of all the co-existant creatures swarm together, and every one is guided by another, in more a cycle, then a hierarchy. The eyes of a forest are always watching and guiding, yet the sun never sets on the forest, and it never shall." ~ The Chaos Theory

Return to “Updates and Discussion”