There is only 1 level?

All assorted discussion regarding Obsidian Depths, options, heroes, and everything should go in here. If you can't think of a place to post something and it's relevant to OD, I recommend it be put here.
Jirinal
CAPS LOCK INCARNATE

There is only 1 level?

Post by Jirinal » Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:32 am

I played the map with some friends today and we finished the first level in 5 minutes or so. Then we was like, uh what now?
And since we havnt found any other things we left the game.

So the map ends after the first boss?

Else, i can say this is a nice map though i realy dislike the effect for the "Status Points" this invisible overhead sfx does not look good~

assassingao
Teh UBER Typist

Re: There is only 1 level?

Post by assassingao » Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:46 am

It's a beta.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:48 pm

Huh? The map is a playable alpha, if anything. It's not even in the beta stages because quite frankly, only one level is done and more than half the heroes aren't made. Sheesh, I can't believe people don't realize that. It's version (0.09), my release actual versions begin at version 1.00; there's a big gap between those two.

Only one of the ten levels have been made. I'm kind of taken aback that you couldn't figure out that it was an alpha, it's pretty obvious. I mean dude, there aren't even any items... Sheesh.

There is no overhead effect for adding stats, I am unsure what you are talking about. No clue who locked this, so let me unlock it.
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Jirinal
CAPS LOCK INCARNATE

Post by Jirinal » Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:55 am

Wow only 1 of 10? I thought youre going to make 100 or so XD
Like well a real dungeon crawler with endless levels, kinda like the Ancient Cave in Lufia where you fight through 100 levels.
And then i thought hey, maybe we get items in level 2-10.
Also iam not aware of your version numbering, there can be many different ways how people number their maps.
And well uh i think i expected something totally awesome from you so i thought hey he probally got some more levels done and will add in the next version alot of more cool gameplay systems and awesome bosses and creep groups who cast spells and block your heroes go for fragile heroes first and so on.

So i was wrong because i expected more levels from the beginning~

Loki
Gypsy
Location: In a sea of paper cranes and a sky of paper planes.

Post by Loki » Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:59 pm

That cave was pure anal by the way. I refused to play that game ever again after getting into that freaking hellhole. If you actually came around to the channel. You might hear discussions on AotZ 3.00 and OD. That's why some people know most of the plans for the upcoming maps. It -will- be a dungeon crawler with scripted levels. Ever played Legend of Zelda OoT? Think something along the lines of the boss battles.
Let's do what comes naturally
ImageImageImageImage
I'll be waiting in Haven.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:45 pm

I'm never releasing a public alpha ever again, this topic is a perfect example of people being unable to read and use their brains. Locked.
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Return to “Updates and Discussion”