A note on the challenge

This place was made by the Deathand, and the Deathand keeps it. Open to those who have no qualms about talking chances, or enjoy a good competition. Haven holds events for users to gain Operator Points for use of Favor, or a trick or two. Who knows...you might even get inducted into the Order of Secrets...
vesuvan
Revenent of the Replies

A note on the challenge

Post by vesuvan » Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:32 am

For the deathand's ascension, he demanded an offering, a... I can't be bothered to come up with a colorful description of what this amounted to. So here is the cold version.

This is in no part because I am against weaving vivid declarations, but because the god of language and it's embrace with the human condition is dead. For a god only lives in the minds of it's followers. Kaome sought to create a thought within our electronic hovel that would rise to become a god, an ascension in itself. It would be this thought that would set us free for the sake of thought itself, so that this forum could breathe through words, not read about breathing. To feel through expression, not acknowledge the word's definition. This is not a mere contest that went awry, it was the death of a deity, not kaome, but the life that survived in a setting of sheer human detachment. Truly I think this has caused a great damage.

This failure could not be a bad thing. As a matter of fact there is no such thing as "bad". On the periodic table, is there any section of "bad" elements, nor is there a single page of any physics textbook about things that are "bad". Things simply are, because they must. You might say this is terribly nihilistic, but this isn't a bad thing.

This doesn't mean that people have no say, because as I said before, like all things, we simply are. Even our human figments such as "bad" simply are by being part of us. It is by this kind of nihilism that we can truly define "good" as what a human being demands of a universe that will not give any handouts. "good" is nothing but, yet everything up to not what humanity labels, but what humanity bends to it's labels.

The only solution to this is a brutal one, one I silently foresaw. But it has to happen, just like kaome has been betrayed. Any attempt to make the events to come any less bloody will only destroy the path that has lead us through what had happened.

So revel demons as I will. The "good" stuff is yet to come. Some of you might survive.

I await punishment.
͎̟͕͎̯̺͎̟͕͎̯̺ĩ̵̢͉̺̹͖͔̻̣̟̙ͦ̋̍ͤ̈́ͫ̓͐͐̅͊͒ͪͬͧͅn̢̮͈̪̤̳̏ͥ̐̍̌͊͜͟͠
̵̢͉̺̹͖͔̻̣̟̙ͦ̋̍ͤ̈́ͫ̓͐͐̅͊͒ͪͬͧͅn̢̮͈̪̤̳̏ͥ̐̍̌͊͜͟͠

TheIrishPatriot
Grandmaster of Grammar

Re: A note on the challenge

Post by TheIrishPatriot » Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:10 am

Arawrawrawrawrawr to that.
Read my prose please :).
An tírghrá Éireannach

Logue
Diabolical Doomsayer

Post by Logue » Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:44 am

vesuvan wrote:On the periodic table, is there any section of "bad" elements,
But there are "Noble" ones!! :P :P

Daryll-The-Damned
Captain Caption

Post by Daryll-The-Damned » Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:08 pm

Noble Gasses.

Which Noble is usually full of, heh.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Pestilence :: Rocky the V :: Buz-Ze :: Zen :: The Kid:: Imperius

Hell_Tempest
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Hell_Tempest » Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:09 pm

Daryll-The-Damned wrote:Noble Gasses.

LMAO!

Thanatos
Revenent of the Replies

Post by Thanatos » Sun Jun 22, 2008 3:44 pm

Daryll-The-Damned wrote:Noble Gasses.

I saw that! You bastard! D:
yuuki o misetsuketemo tsuyogattemo hitoei de wa iki.

Return to “Haven”