The Exodus Challenge

This place was made by the Deathand, and the Deathand keeps it. Open to those who have no qualms about talking chances, or enjoy a good competition. Haven holds events for users to gain Operator Points for use of Favor, or a trick or two. Who knows...you might even get inducted into the Order of Secrets...
Kaome Sky Deathand
Assessor of the Black Tontine

Re: The Exodus Challenge

Post by Kaome Sky Deathand » Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:40 pm

Tick Tock
Cruor Vult

Hope, it is the quintessential human delusion,
simultaneously the source of our greatest strength, and our greatest weakness.

Soon we shall be One...joined in the Word.

Kaome Sky Deathand

Post by Kaome Sky Deathand » Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:32 am

Times up.
Get them in by this weekend.....
.............or else.
Cruor Vult

Kaome Sky Deathand

Post by Kaome Sky Deathand » Sun Jun 08, 2008 7:35 pm

You're failing me aren't you.
Yes....I knew you would.
Cruor Vult

TheIrishPatriot
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by TheIrishPatriot » Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:03 am

At least I have an excuse.
Read my prose please :).
An tírghrá Éireannach

Kaome Sky Deathand

Post by Kaome Sky Deathand » Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:07 am

Now I have to decide how you should all be punished....
Perhaps force you to be zombies and only allowed to access a certain forum....hmmm...
Maybe I'll change all your avatars into a nice big steaming cup of pig fat....

Decisions....decisions...
Cruor Vult

Hydrolisk
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Hydrolisk » Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:36 pm

*Sigh, sigh, saddened and melancholy.*

I was hoping to do something eventually, my mind died some time ago under stress and anxiety over whether or not I would graduated as a distinguished student.

Instead, would it please you if I were instead to put you as a super reference in an AoS I'm making?

Kaome Sky Deathand

Post by Kaome Sky Deathand » Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:47 pm

Slightly.
Cruor Vult

VZBushkiller20
The Kan Codifier

Post by VZBushkiller20 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:56 pm

Here is my entry Kaome, I chose number 4 and designed a cult for you. If you would like more, just tell me and I'll add some more information (such as history or leaders or more holidays)

Kaome’s Order of Secrets

Clothing

Initiates wear simple cotton clothing with the symbol of the cult, a snake circling a hand, stitched into the shirt. The symbol is made with green and black threads. All initiates must wear these clothes and nothing else for their initiation period.

The basic acolytes who have completed their initiation period are required to wear a black and green tabard over whatever other clothing they might be wearing. They no longer are required to wear the cotton clothing, but it is necessary that they sport the tabard. The tabard has a black base with green edges. In the center, the symbol of the cult is embroidered with varying shades of green. The tabard reaches the knees of the wearer.

For those acolytes who completed the extra training to be part of the military arm of the cult, their required garb for all ceremonies and holidays is black leather armor, with an emerald cape bearing the cult’s symbol on the back. They are also required to have with them at all times a short sword, about two feet long, attached to their waist. On their heads, they wear either leather or metal caps (depending on rank within the cult) with either a green band going around (for the leather caps) or a green feather protruding from the back (for the metal helmets).

Those in the religious arm of the cult continue to wear the tabard that all acolytes are required to wear. Around their wrists, they wear gold bracelets. When they first join the religious part of the cult, they receive a tattoo on the left side of their face of a snake running down their face. Their hair is braided into a long single braid, and they only cut it every three years. On their heads are gold bands with streaks of onyx (or some usable black metal) and an emerald in the front. Under their tabards, they were white robes.

The archivist caste wears simple white robes. The symbol of the cult is embroidered on the back in green.

For those higher up in the ranking of the military arm, they are required to wear metal armor during ceremonies with a black cape, decorated with gold stitching and the green cult symbol on the back. The feather in their helmet is black instead of green. There is less restrictions on decorations of armor or weapons on the leaders of the warrior caste. In fact, they are almost required to personalize their equipment (outside of the cape and helm) to make them identifiable to members.

In the religious caste, the leader is required to wear a golden collar along with their gold bracelets. Gold stitching is added to his tabard. He wears a jade mantle in the shape of a snake and the military arm’s cape, unlike the rest of his caste.

The Archivist dresses no differently then the rest of his caste, except he carries a long staff wherever he goes. To become the Archivist, the acolyte of the archivist caste must cut out his tongue willingly, and so the Archivist never speaks. His entire caste is required to learn sign language upon ascension, and the Mouth of the Archivist (the acolyte who will become the next Archivist) translates what the Archivist is saying.

This does not relate to the clothing, but I must explain more about why a requirement of being the Archivist is voluntary muteness.

The cult has many secrets, stored away in their archives. Only the Archivist and a few of his caste know where each single volume is, but the Archivist has permission to read of the books whenever he wants. To prevent unwanted knowledge from spreading through the ranks of the cult, the leaders agreed that the Archivist would need to have a stronger desire for studying and learning than for any communication. If the Archivist needed to communicate, they created a sign language that he could use to “speak” with others.

The leader of the cult is a combination of the religious arm and the military arm. As such, he wears the golden bracers and headband of the religious caste and the metal armor of the military leaders, along with their cape. He wears a much more detailed tabard over his armor than the acolytes, with various symbols of his choosing, though the color scheme is the same: black, green, and gold. He carries a sword wherever he goes.

Holidays/Ceremonies

Every month at the new moon, the cult gathers together to celebrate the hatching of the serpent and the laying of a new egg. A rather simple holiday due to its frequency, the ceremony includes readings from the religious codex by the Kan Nacas, the leader of the religious caste. At night, sexual activities are rampant as the members commemorate the
“laying of the egg.”

Once a year, the cult holds the Rites of Initiation ceremony for those who have completed their years as initiates, as well as those acolytes who have joined one of the three castes. It is a weeklong event, with ritual battle of those initiates who have completed their training against those who have not yet finished (Though not to the death). If the soon to be acolyte loses, he must undergo training for another year. At the end of the week, the new acolytes are allowed to cut their hair, which they were required to let grow for their entire period of initiation.

From Mouth to Mind: This is the ceremony when a new Archivist is chosen. According to the precedent set at the beginning of the cult, this is usually the Mouth of the Archivist. If possible, the former Archivist is the one who leads this ceremony, albeit silently. The former Mouth is given the staff of the Archivist, and speaks his last words – an oath swearing to protect the vast secrets of the cult. After he swears, trained cult members cut out his tongue. This ceremony has no set date, but occurs whenever an Archivist becomes too old to perform his duties. If the Archivist is dead, the Cult Leader passes the staff to the Mouth.

Every three years, the constellation of the Snake dominates the sky. During the first day of this event, all priests except for the leader cut their long braids and burn them as a sacrifice. Like during the Rites of Initiation, there is ritual fighting, but this time it is to the death. To win these fights is a great honor. If you win, you are considered the Snake’s champion. For the rest of the week, no frivolous activities are permitted. Anyone breaking this command is put to death.

The Anniversary of the Snake is the day the cult was established, when the wisdom was revealed to their creator, Kaome Sky Deathand, from the Snake himself. There is a great feast this day and members are expected to make a pilgrimage to the statue of the Deathand to renew their oaths of loyalty.

The Day of Ascension: This event marks the day Kaome Sky Deathand rose from the mortal world to join the gods and serve at the right hand of the Snake for eternity. According to the canon, Kaome fasted before he ascended, and so this is a day of fasting. Anyone who eats is put to death after being publicly shamed in front of the statue of the Deathand.

Image Image ImageImageImage

Lawrence-Ember-Mirage-Skywings-Jasmine

Kaome Sky Deathand

Post by Kaome Sky Deathand » Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:38 pm

I am both stunned and humbled.

After that I think VZ should rejoice.
Bush just saved you.

I hereby Give authority for Bush to have his own custom title in the manner of his choosing.
It must be based on the cult. That is the only restriction.

I award 250 OP and the status: 'Savior of VZ'
May others be so struck as to commit such excellence.

~The Deathand has spoken.
Cruor Vult

VZBushkiller20
The Kan Codifier

Post by VZBushkiller20 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:59 pm

Glad you liked it. I had a lot of fun writing it :D

I'll get back to you on the title...I want to make sure I choose one I'll like for a while.

Image Image ImageImageImage

Lawrence-Ember-Mirage-Skywings-Jasmine

Return to “Haven”