Hero Challenge #2

This place was made by the Deathand, and the Deathand keeps it. Open to those who have no qualms about talking chances, or enjoy a good competition. Haven holds events for users to gain Operator Points for use of Favor, or a trick or two. Who knows...you might even get inducted into the Order of Secrets...
Kaome Sky Deathand
Assessor of the Black Tontine

Hero Challenge #2

Post by Kaome Sky Deathand » Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:37 pm

You know the Drill!
I shall give you a few days to post an AotZ/DoE (Your Choice) style character!

This time the topic is: A Fruit or Vegetable

And....GO!
Cruor Vult

Hope, it is the quintessential human delusion,
simultaneously the source of our greatest strength, and our greatest weakness.

Soon we shall be One...joined in the Word.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Re: Hero Challenge #2

Post by Rising_Dusk » Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:28 pm

A few days might be pushing it. A week give or take half a week might be more reasonable. I dunno what the heck I'm going to make with fruits and vegetables as a theme... I'll think of something.
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Kaome Sky Deathand

Post by Kaome Sky Deathand » Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:08 pm

A few days is like...two weeks...I mean...with my schedule >.>
Cruor Vult

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:53 pm

Ohhhhh, ok. xD

Cooldood
Revenent of the Replies

Post by Cooldood » Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:26 am

Pheu-ree
The Rotten Tomato
Strength; Bane of Eternity.
Story

"... and as I stood in the pools of blood, I looked up to the hill - and behold! There he stood; amidst the ruins of our camp, our chef, tall and proud - meat cleaver in one hand and frying pan in the other; smiting down every baenite that dared approach him.
Suddenly, the hope of victory he inspired in me turned stale, and fear gripped my heart - a feeling of impending doom made me quail: the sky seemed to darken as a figure slowly glided towards the brave man. All fighting on the hill ceased; the baenites ran for it - none wanted to be around when Grayl decided to come out to play. Wide eyed, the man looked around - he knew that his time had come; yet in a desperate attempt to escape he scrambled backwards amidst what was left of his outdoor kitchen, grabbing things and throwing them at his approaching doom. His hand chanced upon a rotten tomato, and he hurled it at the dark figure. It flew straight at him, not swerving to the side as the other objects had done; time seemed to slow down(maybe it did).
The tomato never really reached Grayl, it stopped just short of his face. It seemed a hundred years before it started moving again, and slowly flew backwards - towards the one that had thrown it; I shudder to think about what happen after that - for it seemed to grow, becoming huge and taking on a life of its own - just before it reached the helpless man, it touched down on the ground on stubby legs; waving its stumps of arms around and letting loose a roar that made the blood run cold.

Then there was silence.

A gulp.

A burp.

..."
Level 1 Skill:
Katch up
  • Pheu-ree (instinctively) throws himself towards the target point, crippling all enemies along the path, and himself when he lands.
Level 1 Skill:
Rot
  • Activated Passive: Pheu-ree quickens his decomposition process, causing nearby enemies to take X damage per second due to the horrible odor. Health is drained (and no mana) while this skill is active.
Level 1 Skill:
SPLAT!
  • Pheu-ree erupts in an explosion of rage and rotting sauce, dealing X(medium) damage in an AoE, and Y(small) more for each nearby enemy.
Level 6 Ultimate:
Putrid Cloud
  • Whenever Pheu-ree moves under the affliction of a condition he spreads the condition(s) in X AoE for Y% of the total duration.
Comments? That was my first hero suggestion (as far as memory serves) ever.

Well Done! +20 OP
Let the music flow through your soul

Walk the road, see the sights, cos boy, you aint coming back!

Soul_Reaver
Revenent of the Replies

Post by Soul_Reaver » Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:43 pm

Uwandzsizang
Emo-Corn
Intelligence; Bane of Eternity.

Level 1 Skill:
RUN!
  • Uwandzsizang rushes towards the target with maximum speed.
    Upon reaching it, he deals 80 / 100 / 120 / 140 / 160 physical damage and then he becomes crippled for 4 seconds.
Level 1 Skill:
Spare Flakes
  • When cast while suffering conditions all conditions are removed from you and you take 20 / 18 / 16 / 14 / 12 damage for each second of each condition removed.
    If you're not suffering any conditions you're healed for 50 / 65 / 95 / 140 / 200 life.
Level 1 Skill:
Corn Cannon!
  • Instant Cast.
    When cast on an enemy every .33 second a cornflake explodes from you and travels at most 1200 range towards target unit. (So it can be outrun.) Each cornflake costs you 15 life to spawn and deals 20 / 25 / 30 / 35 / 40 damage to the target.
    Lasts until either of you get 1200 units away from the other or until either of you die.
Level 6 Ultimate:
Biowaste
  • Passive
    If Uwandzsizang dies without suffering a condition he instantly revives with 40% maximum health and this ability cools down for 60 / 45 / 30 seconds.
Designed to be a short-of Dis-like something on the Bane.

I'd so use a Corn Cannon. +20 OP
Last edited by Soul_Reaver on Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:05 pm, edited 5 times in total.

TheDeathstalker
Keeper of the Keys

Post by TheDeathstalker » Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:05 pm

Teggeren
The Sour Kraut
Dex; Bane of Eternity.

Innate Skill:
Wyrts of Wrath
  • Passive
    Teggeren is actually made up of X Cabbage Patches, all of which must be within Y distance from the nearest other one. Each has a short ranged attack, and spells share cooldowns for all patches. A dead Patch will respawn from a nearby corpse a max of once every Z seconds.
Level 1 Skill:
Washed Out
  • Active AoE Channel
    Every currently selected Cabbage Patch begins to channel, and every allied unit within the AoE have the duration of conditions they suffer from reduced by X per channeling Patch every second, and unconditioned units take Y less damage per channeling Patch from all magickal sources.
Level 1 Skill:
Ring Around the Posse
  • Active
    All Patches (excluding the target) are teleported to form a ring around the targeted Patch and crippled for X seconds. Cooldown decreases with level.
Level 1 Skill:
Decapitatate
  • Active AoE
    All Patches within the AoE start to bleed for X seconds. For the next X seconds, they gain Y% attack speed and extend bleed both on themselves and struck units for Z seconds.
Level 6 Ultimate:
Cabbage Patch Kids
  • Passive
    Whenever a Cabbage Patch loses a condition, a Cabbage Patch Kid is spawned, which is a fast melee unit. Duration and strength of spawns increases with level.
Comments: Quick note, Decapitatate isn't misspelled, it's just putting Capitata, which is the Culitvar group of Cabbage in place of it... whoo obscure jokes!

The Sour Kraut XD +25 OP
Last edited by TheDeathstalker on Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
And though you come out of each gruelling bout,
All broken and beaten and scarred,
Just have one more try—it’s dead easy to die,
It’s the keeping-on-living that’s hard.

Cooldood
Revenent of the Replies

Post by Cooldood » Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:30 pm

Can't find the edit button on my phone, just wanted to point out that my hero in my mind is a red abomination, preferably with a bit of green near the top. For some reason i can read the skills of the hero i posted, but can't read the skill descriptions for the others'. Silly phone.
Let the music flow through your soul

Walk the road, see the sights, cos boy, you aint coming back!

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:13 pm

Rotfl @ Cabbage Patch Kids. Brilliant. I still have no idea what my entry will be, but I do want to enter and will as soon as I can think of something. rawr!

Vinnam
Wielder of the Ctrl-Alt-Delete

Post by Vinnam » Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:02 am

Naga Jolokia
Red Hot Chili Pepper
Agility; Hallowed Order

Level 1 Skill:
Hot Streak
Passive
Allied Units within X radius of Naga Jolokia move Y% faster. This bonus speed is doubled if Picante is suffering from Burn

Level 1 Skill
Picante
Activated Passive
As long as Picante is active, Naga Jolokia's attacks deal +X damage extend the duration of Burn on enemies by Y seconds. Once Naga Jolokia turns off Picante, he is afflicted with Burn for each second Picante was active.

Level 1 Skill
Five-Alarm Heat
Personal AoE
Enemy units within the AoE of Five-Alarm Heat are dealt X damage and have the duration of Burn extended on them Y seconds. Naga Jolokia is afflicted with Burn for Z seconds, where Z is the amount of enemy units affected by Five-Alarm Heat.

Level 6 Ultimate
Taste the Pain
Personal AoE
Enemy units within the AoE of Taste the Pain are afflicted with Mute for X seconds. If Naga Jolokia is afflicted with Burn when TtP is cast, Naga Jolokia stops burning and the Y% of the remaining duration of the burn is attached to each enemy caught in the AoE of Taste the Pain.

Fun Fact: Naga Jolokia, which is grown in India, is the name of the hottest chili pepper known to man! rawr!

Brilliant Idea! +25 OP
Trainer: Brendan Creed
ImageImageImage
Lineup: Noir & Batista

Psiclone
Wielder of the Ctrl-Alt-Delete
Location: As you can see from my avatar, I'm currently on the run from a--OH MY GOD!

Post by Psiclone » Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:26 pm

My alternate take on the most "corny" of subjects (spoofing Khazarch as well? :O)...

Zea Mays
Corn-ate Champion
Strength; Bane of Eternity.
Story

The air was cold that night.

Standing in the field of tall, gnarled crops, Exuro carved an eight-pointed star into the crops with his mind. Standing in the center of the circle, he made one last check to make sure the sacred candles were in place and that the blood for the ritual runes wasn't dried up. Breathing in hoarsely, he began to speak, his voice a gravelly monotone:

Barley broken, beat, and scarred,
Heed my words of soul and sorrow,
Crops of meadow pale and marred,
Rise up for the bloody morrow.
Child of earth and kin of tree,
brother of woodland, bush, and thorn
Obey these runes and favor me,
Servant of the Chaos Corn!

Nothing happened for a few moments. Suddenly, a groaning sound began to emanate from the earth. A huge stalk burst from the ground, heavy with a husk-covered lump. The husk split to reveal a huge ear of maize covered in perverse tattoos venerating forgotten gods of Chaos. The heaving thing seized the husk with it's muscled yellow arms and glared at Exuro. As if it understood, the cob nodded subtly, then turned it's head towards the sky and bellowed three words:

"BLOOD FOR CORN!"
Level 1 Skill:
Lock, Stalk, and Barrel
  • Active. Using his own stalk as a weapon, Zea swings it in an arc, dealing 40/60/80/100/120 physical damage and crippling them for 3 seconds. Has no cooldown if Zea is afflicted by a condition.

"As you can see, I'm not the 'husk' I was before!"
Level 1 Skill:
Biofuel
  • Mulching his body into boiling fuel, Zea begins bleeding for 4 seconds. Once the duration has ended, he will explode with violent energy, blinking forward 325/400/475/550/625 distance and dealing 55/80/115/140/175 physical damage where he lands.

"Why don't you just cut your crop crap and get this over with?"
Level 1 Skill:
A-Maize-ing Race
  • Passive. Zea gains 2.5/5/7.5/10/12.5% additional attack speed and movement speed plus an additional 0.2/0.4/0.6/0.8/1% per second of conditions he is suffering from.

"Has it been difficult to 'cob'-ble together a defense plan, fleshbag?"
Level 6 Ultimate:
Popcorn
  • Channeled. Kernels for Corn! Zea charges the energy of the sun to build up destructive energy in his body, burning him while he channels. When the channeling is finished, Zea will deal 275/400/525 magickal damage to all units, allied and enemy, unit and structure. If Zea is killed by this attack, it will also burn struck foes for 10 seconds.

"I get such a 'kernel' pleasure from this! Mulch for Corn!"
More fun trivia: Zea Mays is the scientific name for corn! rawr!

I have to say this takes the win from my standpoint. +50 OP
Intellectuals are like the Mafia; they only kill their own.
-Woody Allen -
ImageImageImageImageImage

2-P
Revenent of the Replies

Post by 2-P » Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:40 am

Zwiebelchen
Masochistic Onion
Intelligence; Hallowed Eternity

Story coming soon... >:

Innate
Wasn't that supposed to be Garlic?
  • Passive
    Zwiebelchen is immune to vampires. Yeah, take that Anick!
Level 1 Skill:
QQ-Cutter
  • Instant Cast
    Zwiebelchen starts peeling himself, dealing X physical damage to himself. Nearby enemies start crying and are therefore blinded for Y seconds. Has no cooldown if the player is biting fingernails while casting the spell.
Level 1 Skill:
If I Fry Tonight
  • Self Buff
    Zwiebelchen sets himself on fire, increasing his movement speed by X% and extending burn on him and all nearby enemies by 3 seconds every second.
Level 1 Skill:
Sourcream
  • AoE Target
    Creates a puddle of sour cream at the target location, all units that walk through it are dipped in sour cream for 5 seconds.
    While they are affected by sour cream, they take X magickal damage for every condition they suffer from and Y (high) additional damage from bears.
Level 6 Ultimate:
Voodoo Onion
  • Target Unit Buff
    Zwiebelchen uses himself as a voodoo doll to torture the target enemy. The target takes the same damage and suffers the same conditions that Zwiebelchen is affected with.

Om nomnom, Zuma likes the sour cream. rawr!

Poor Anick T.T +25 OP
Last edited by 2-P on Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Humans don't have the patience to wait even ten minutes for something!

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:22 pm

PP's hero is winner, lawl! "Take that, Anick!"

Intoxicated Crayon
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Intoxicated Crayon » Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:46 pm

Rising Daikon
Radish Seeker
Agi; THE SIDE WHO KILLS RIKTER KEKEKEKE

Google Search; Daikon FFS

The Seeker gripped his Khamrahn Radishes in his hands. A hand sign here and there and his hands were engulfed in blue and red flame. He dashed towards his foes leaving a trail of rapid veggies in his wake. They ripped and tore his foes and he followed in unison. He struck once and a giant fiery turnip descended from the sky, the scent of grilled veggies was uplifting for the Seeker. He vanished to another point again and struck again bringing down a radish engrossed in blue flames! The scent of salad was rampant within the battlefield and finally, the two clashing forces. Rising Daikon and the Veggiewalker who's a name that must not be spoken. They prepared to clash as a giant flaming radish and turnip approached the earth... FAWK, LAEM STORY KEKEKE LOL

Innate: - Passive WTF Meteor
Rain of Crop
  • When Daikon kills a foe with a condition there is a small chance it will spawn a turnip or radish. Whenever a turnip or radish is created in any manner, Daikon receives a 'Crop Rain' buff that causes his next attack to call down a fiery Turnip/Radish from the sky that stuns all nearby foes for 2 seconds. Crap--- Crop Rain stacks up to 2 times.
"I HRD U LIEK SALAD KEKEKEKE"
Level 1 Skill: - It's a god damn shredder ripoff.
Seed Dropper
  • Daikon dashes forward planting turnips or radishes varying with the time of day. Turnips rip and tear at nearby foes, extending bleed on them for X seconds. Radishes sap the mana of nearby units and transfer it to Daikon. Any unit that dies in this skill causes a Radish/Turnip to spawn and fight for Daikon.
"lololol, u get turnips and radishes kekeke"
Level 1 Skill: - Time Powers kekeke of Passive
Crop Rotation
  • Daikon's physical damage deals extra magickal damage and has an X% to critical. When attacking foes with conditions, your criticals cause the day to shift ahead to the Afternoon or Midnight. Any foe killed with magickal damage creates a Turnip/Radish.
"haxxor for the nutritionzorz"
Level 1 Skill: - AoE EXECUTE, LEMME EET U KEKEKEK
Salad
  • Daikon blinks to the area and begins dealing X physical DPS within a 500 AoE. All Turnips and Radishes in the area explode and extend burn on all nearby foes for 3 seconds. At the end of the spell, Daikon is healed for each unit/turnip/radish that was diced in the area.
"Go to hell and eat turnips n' radishes with me kekekeke"
Level 6 Ultimate: - GFG Ultimate
Final Dish
  • Daikon rises into the area and calls down a rain of turnips and radishes over the entire map. Each meteor deals X magickal damage or X physical damage, varies with the veggie. Deals extra damage to all humans, bears, voidwalkers, avatars, elementals, vampires, Asswalkers, Ashwalkers, and especially Kisrug Dins n' Kinglers. After Y seconds, a giant daikon falls from the sky killing every unit and ending the game. Then forces everyone to eat a dry turnip/radish salad.
lolfail.

Why must 2-P win again lol?

XD Second Place. +35 OP
English should not be a prerequisite for intelligence,

Kaome Sky Deathand

Post by Kaome Sky Deathand » Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:24 pm

I think that has been ample time enough.
Cruor Vult

Return to “Haven”