BLASPHEMER'S CORNER

This place was made by the Deathand, and the Deathand keeps it. Open to those who have no qualms about talking chances, or enjoy a good competition. Haven holds events for users to gain Operator Points for use of Favor, or a trick or two. Who knows...you might even get inducted into the Order of Secrets...
Jericho Veronus
Blasphemer

BLASPHEMER'S CORNER

Post by Jericho Veronus » Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:14 pm

The point of the Blasphemer's Corner is simple. It shall act as a listing apart from the near daily advice column come to be known as "Dear Abyss". While Dear Abbyss will post answers and responses to questions the Blasphemer's Corner shall show the listings and results on battles, contests, opinion pieces, etc. The Blasphemer's corner will run similar to Dear Abbyss, in that rather then everyone posting, they submit to me through PMs, since this way, the Blasphemer's Corner may remain organized and it would be easier for those who may miss a post to still submit their say to it.

Rules of Submitting
1) PM it to me, what you PM will be posted
2) If you wish for something in you PM not to be posted, simply put it in brackets: [example]
3) If you language becomes a little too...colorful, I retain the power to censor it.
4) Have fun with it, that's why it's there
5) I do accept and welcome ideas so feel free to PM those as well if they come to you

That being said, let's get started.
May God have mercy on your soul, for you shall find none here!

Jericho Veronus
Blasphemer

Re: BLASPHEMER'S CORNER

Post by Jericho Veronus » Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:19 pm

RUMBLE!!!
Darth Vader vs Magneto
(In segment #8, of Dear Abbyss, I was asked who would win in a fight between the two, and I gave my two cents. Now I ask you, my audience, for your thoughts as well, agree, disagree, think it'll be a stalemate, able to play the entire battle out in your mind. Anything and everything you have to say on the topic is welcome. The Blasphemer has no bias, for I am an equal opportunity discriminator.

Vote Count
Darth Vader: 3
Magneto: 0

Comments

VZBushkiller20~I remember this fight the first time it came around. I'm going to stick with my guns and say Old Darth will win. I mean, sure Magneto has the control of the electromagnetic force, but that is specialized. Darth Vader has THE force, which is a deus ex machina if I ever saw one. A vaguely defined power source, capable of pretty much anything? He could probably create a suppression of the electromagnetic field if he really wanted to. What would Magneto do then?

Jericho Veronus
Blasphemer

Post by Jericho Veronus » Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:35 pm

THIS WEEK'S BLASPHEMER"S CORNER: OPINION PIECE "WORLD WAR Z"

Scenario: You wake up one morning to find your neighborhood/town/city in the middle of a zombie outbreak. Answer the following questions in respect to your real life situation:
1) What do you use for a hand-to-hand weapon?
2) What do you use for a range, if any?
3) Where do you go from here?
4) How do you get there?
5) Who do you try to contact?

Myself
1) Any sword from my rack, whatever I grab on the way out my bedroom door, or aluminum baseball bat
2) Sig Saur .45
3) Ultimately Guantanamo Bay, but downtown harbor, steal a boat
4) Ford F-150 from my driveway
5) Whoever I think would assist in fighting off hordes of undead

Kaome Sky Deathand
1) Military grade Machete or assault baton...whichever I lay my hands on first.
2) Shotgun; prefer Pump.
3) Head down to the Sam's club and fortify that place.
4) Step One: Run. Step Two: Run Faster.
5) Anyone not: shambling, moaning, groaning, shuffling, eating brains, bleeding from multiple locations, gray-skinned, or rotting will be asked to join as I run by.

TheIrishPatriot
1) Wet towel.
2) Chainsaw machine gun.
3) Blockbuster.
4) Leprechaun shoes.
5) Girlfriend.

Jericho Veronus
Blasphemer

Post by Jericho Veronus » Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:21 pm

OPINION PIECE: "PICK YOUR PLACE."

Personally I feel somewhat outta place in my current existence,constantly thinking that I would have been better off as gladiator in an ancient roman arena,or a knight in the crusades, or even just having been born in the 1950shere in the US, purely because they are what I would consider simpler times.

So Scenario:
1) If you were born in any other time period than the present what would it be?
2) Where would you be?
3) What 'position' would you hold?

Myself
1) 19th Century
2) American Wild West
3) Gunslinger

Kaome Sky Deathand
1) 2285 A.E.
2) Voidbound (in space), as an Ender (A person who was born/lives somewhere other than Earth and vice versa).
3) A 'Runner' (pilot).

VZBushkiller20
1) Roman Empire
2) Judea
3) Legionnaire field commander

Jericho Veronus
Blasphemer

Post by Jericho Veronus » Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:41 pm

The following was discovered by a house servant on the desk of Prophet Jericho Veronus after his leave for the Festival of Venture.

Ladies and Gentlemen, heathens and followers alike,

On the 35th Day of the 12th Month of the year of our BABY 3175, I Jericho Veronus, Prophet of the Order of Judgment, invite you to partake in the celebration of Zealot Ragnar Thunderfist, Warrior Zealot of Power and Glory. This celebration starts on the first day of the 13th month of every 25 years since the Red Ages of the 2300s, where our tale first began.

And so the neophyte was released from the sky-bird, falling towards the frozen tundra below. His trial was simple; brave the elements, defeat the creatures that inhabited the land, and return to the acropolis within one months time with evidence of worth to be inducted into the order. In the past shows of worth ranged from trophies of the heads of unspeakable creatures to series of amulets given as shows of strength for besting warriors of certain local tribes. Brother Ragnar wished for something else, he wished for what he considered a true show of glory, true evidence that he earned the title within the elite ranks of the order.

One by one the other brothers returned to the acropolis's Citadel, presenting their show of worth to the Counsel of High Elites of the, some deemed acceptable and were raised, others returned the lower ranks for failure to impress them, and some even returned being carried, nearly dead who were later cast out. Returning empty-handed was worse than never returning at all, for at least if you never returned, they never knew why you had failed. On the last night, before the great gate was closed for the up coming 'Dead Months', a lone figure came through the storm. He walked through the gates within making motion or speech to the guards,and went straight for the Citadel. He carried now remains of animals or creatures, nor did he wear any noticeable amulet or item of a local tribe. Though when the Citadel doors closed, they stayed closed for several days and when he, Brother Ragnar,emerged,he did so wearing the garments not only of higher ranking, but that of a High Elite. It had been nearly two decades since a new admittance into the counsel and never had it been done so quickly.

No one short of the present Counsel ever knew what it was that Ragnar Thunderfist returned to the Citadel with, but it was this event which spurred the Festival of Venture. For years to follow, as the legend of Ragnar Thunderfist spread, many journeyed to discover what Ragnar Thunderfist had during his trials. And now the time for the Prime Feast of the Festival is upon us. The first feast is the last meal for those who choose to follow in the pilgrimage of the Warrior Zealot and venture out to find their own claim to glory.

I leave now, for the Prime Festival is a mere three days away, and although I know we are all separated by great distances, I still invite you all to take part in your own adventure.

Pictures of myself and another adventurer you all should be quite familiar with will be displayed.

Return to “Haven”