Scarlets Support Thread

This place was made by the Deathand, and the Deathand keeps it. Open to those who have no qualms about talking chances, or enjoy a good competition. Haven holds events for users to gain Operator Points for use of Favor, or a trick or two. Who knows...you might even get inducted into the Order of Secrets...
Kaome Sky Deathand
Assessor of the Black Tontine

Scarlets Support Thread

Post by Kaome Sky Deathand » Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:01 pm

The Warsinger has planned the downfall of Loki.
My question is: How much support does she have?

The more points in the pot, the worse the curse.

Current Status: 401 OP
Current amount of assumed neg-points: 187 OP

Contributions made by:

- Scarlet
- Bushkiller
- Black_Heart
- Oxygen
- Seta
- andriejj
- Daryll-The-Damned
-

People assuming they can change the fates:

- Storm
- iblablaman
- Kurogamon
- Kings_Mercy
- Logue
- TheDeathstalker (Forsaking a 'Favored' Status)
-
Cruor Vult

Hope, it is the quintessential human delusion,
simultaneously the source of our greatest strength, and our greatest weakness.

Soon we shall be One...joined in the Word.

shalnath
Holder of the Alt-F4

Re: Scarlets Support Thread

Post by shalnath » Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:04 pm

Contributing all of my OP to drop the current total 35 points. Go Loki!
"Within every world, there are cultures, within every culture, there are groups, within every group, there are leaders. These leaders are not truly chosen, they are destined, it is their fate to lead, and it is this fate that drives them. Souls yearn to be driven, they in themselves can not direct, however, these leaders are predetermined, by whatever means, to guide the wills and mend the errors of these wandering souls. A forest, cold, cured, flawless, meticulous, and fearful, what drives it, what keeps the balance? The inner beings of all the co-existant creatures swarm together, and every one is guided by another, in more a cycle, then a hierarchy. The eyes of a forest are always watching and guiding, yet the sun never sets on the forest, and it never shall." ~ The Chaos Theory

iblablaman
CAPS LOCK INCARNATE

Post by iblablaman » Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:06 pm

I want to reduce the points by 19(all my OP) GO LOKI, YOUR PANDA MUST SURVIVE!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageYes, an egg, just because I can

Kurogamon
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Kurogamon » Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:10 pm

Uh, I'll support Loki for once. I think I have some uncounted OP from Angband...
Can you hear them?

Black_Heart
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by Black_Heart » Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:36 pm

I would like to donate my current 5 OP, as well as all OP I may earn from the Hero Challenge, to Scarlet.

Sorry, Loki. :x

EDIT: If possible, I would also like to use my 24 OP from the Angband challenge for Scarlet's sake.
Image Image Image Image

Kings_Mercy
Revenent of the Replies

Post by Kings_Mercy » Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:47 pm

My 32 points to saving loki, figure ill help out my fellow clan member and all that jazz.

Kurogamon
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Kurogamon » Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:48 pm

Scarlet's in the clan too...
Can you hear them?

Kings_Mercy
Revenent of the Replies

Post by Kings_Mercy » Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:17 pm

alright you clearly didnt grasp what i was saying, i will defend my clan member not harass him, easy enough to understand.

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Oxygen » Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:06 am

I invest 1 op. <3 scarlet

SetaSoujirou
Letter Linguist

Post by SetaSoujirou » Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:33 pm

Oxygen wrote:I invest 1 op. <3 scarlet
I'll take this up a notch to TWO OP.
A wild §eta has appeared!
*Twinkle* Lv. 1337
No I'm not a troll.

Kings_Mercy
Revenent of the Replies

Post by Kings_Mercy » Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:23 pm

Well im getting harassed for trying to stop the funsies so for added funsies might i suggest that the loser and the losers supporters all suffer the consequences.

andriejj
Keeper of the Keys

Post by andriejj » Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:37 pm

Kings_Mercy wrote:Well im getting harassed for trying to stop the funsies
Harasser supports Scarlet with his whole 77 Operator Points.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:17 pm

Black_Heart wrote:EDIT: If possible, I would also like to use my 24 OP from the Angband challenge for Scarlet's sake.
Oh shit, I keep forgetting about that thing.
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

vesuvan
Revenent of the Replies

Post by vesuvan » Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:18 pm

Two people are in an auction for a token. Both players have to pay their bid no matter if they win or lose. The token is worth [X*bid A - bid B]. If both parties have a very close bid, the amount won by either player approaches 0.

Assuming X is greater than 1, the winning player always profits. This means the optimal action is to always outbid. However, this leads to an arbitrarily large loss for one player.

The trick to winning this game assuming X is greater than 1 is to have an agreement between the players to reallocate their resources and have one player bid everything, then split the winnings.

The winning of this contest is not capable of being split because Loki can't be overall rewarded and punished at the same time, it is zero sum. The only winning strategy is not feasible in this case.

I would advise you all not to further counter-bid.
͎̟͕͎̯̺͎̟͕͎̯̺ĩ̵̢͉̺̹͖͔̻̣̟̙ͦ̋̍ͤ̈́ͫ̓͐͐̅͊͒ͪͬͧͅn̢̮͈̪̤̳̏ͥ̐̍̌͊͜͟͠
̵̢͉̺̹͖͔̻̣̟̙ͦ̋̍ͤ̈́ͫ̓͐͐̅͊͒ͪͬͧͅn̢̮͈̪̤̳̏ͥ̐̍̌͊͜͟͠

shalnath
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by shalnath » Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:57 pm

vesuvan wrote:Two people are in an auction for a token. Both players have to pay their bid no matter if they win or lose. The token is worth [X*bid A - bid B]. If both parties have a very close bid, the amount won by either player approaches 0.

Assuming X is greater than 1, the winning player always profits. This means the optimal action is to always outbid. However, this leads to an arbitrarily large loss for one player.

The trick to winning this game assuming X is greater than 1 is to have an agreement between the players to reallocate their resources and have one player bid everything, then split the winnings.

The winning of this contest is not capable of being split because Loki can't be overall rewarded and punished at the same time, it is zero sum. The only winning strategy is not feasible in this case.

I would advise you all not to further counter-bid.
Nonsense!

You have obviously been brainwashed by the Warsinger. This isn't about winning or losing, it's about defending your comrades and protecting them from injustice!
"Within every world, there are cultures, within every culture, there are groups, within every group, there are leaders. These leaders are not truly chosen, they are destined, it is their fate to lead, and it is this fate that drives them. Souls yearn to be driven, they in themselves can not direct, however, these leaders are predetermined, by whatever means, to guide the wills and mend the errors of these wandering souls. A forest, cold, cured, flawless, meticulous, and fearful, what drives it, what keeps the balance? The inner beings of all the co-existant creatures swarm together, and every one is guided by another, in more a cycle, then a hierarchy. The eyes of a forest are always watching and guiding, yet the sun never sets on the forest, and it never shall." ~ The Chaos Theory

Return to “Haven”