The Terminal Three

Let's play a game. If you win, you might just get some representation in DoE!
Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

The Terminal Three

Post by Rising_Dusk » Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:47 pm

So, what can I do to improve these heroes you ask? That will be what I update this thread with as the day progresses.
I re-read Panda's hero and tried to see what I saw before, but I must've over-rated the hero. Sorry dude, but I didn't get as much inspiration as I'd originally hoped
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Re: The Terminal Three

Post by Rising_Dusk » Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:04 pm

---
Thorrum Cainus Revisited
Strength; Hallowed Order.
Mountain King Model.

Story.

Level 1 Skill:
Rock Crusher
  • You and all nearby foes take X (High) damage and are ruined for Y (High) seconds.
Level 1 Skill:
Outrage
  • Activated Passive. When deactivated, you gain X% (Low) bonus movement and attack speed for each successful attack made while active. Lasts 6 seconds.
Level 1 Skill:
Grinder
  • Passive, On-Attack. Your attacks deal X (Medium) bonus damage and an additional Y (Medium) damage for each condition suffered by the struck foe.
Level 6 Ultimate:
Reality Bender
  • Passive. While suffering from a condition whose duration is higher than X (Probably 4/3/2) seconds, this hero is unbreakably invisible.
So I know, it really seems totally unlike anything on the original hero and that's because nothing from the original hero even remains. I simply read the spell name for the second skill and suddenly had a vision assault my brain of a really cool hero that played exactly as I designed above. Crazy, huh?

Third skill was sort of WIP, the other three are set in stone because of how awesome they interact. I had originally considered an on-death explosion or something, but then I'd get flamed by Cassiel because since it was in ToB it can never be used anywhere else without being stolen. *Shrugs* Whatever.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:12 pm

---
Travayl Revisited
Agility; Hallowed Order.
Illidan Model. (?)

Story.

Level 1 Skill:
Lead Strike
  • Blink to target foe and deal X (Crippling Strike-esque numbers) damage to it.
Level 1 Skill:
Reawakening
  • Restores X (Medium) life to <Name here>, removes all conditions from him, and resets the cooldowns of all other skills. [Like a ~14s cooldown]
Level 1 Skill:
Opportunity
  • All nearby foes are blinded for X (Medium) seconds. [Low mana cost, spammy]
Level 6 Ultimate:
Master of Deception
  • Passive. Whenever <Insert name here> casts a spell, he is unbreakably invisible for X (We're talking 2/3/4) seconds.
So this guy stayed relatively close in style to Storm's original guy, but I tweaked things to make them interact in beautiful ways and create this very interesting, hasted dynamic for the hero. He obviously wants to chase the shit out of the enemy hero, so he can double blink strike and heal himself and stuff. If you combine his third skill and ultimate it works effectively to blind nearby foes AND make him invisible, but it's not forced because of how it flows and doesn't demand anything between the skills.

I trust you'll see the beauty in this guy too.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Fri Mar 21, 2008 3:05 pm

---
Canus Unum Revisited
Intelligence; Hallowed Order.
Illidan Model.

Story.

Level 1 Skill:
Engulf
  • Target unit is shrouded in darkness, it has -X (High) armor and all conditions it suffers from last Y% (I'm thinking 50/75/100/125/150) longer.
Level 1 Skill:
Black Hole Sun
  • Target Point Ward. While <Insert name here> is within X of the ward, he is unbreakably invisible. Lasts 12 seconds. [Low cooldown, spammy, easy to kill ward]
Level 1 Skill:
Darkwake
  • After 4 seconds, a radiating wave of dark energy expands from where the spell was cast, dealing X (low) damage and blinding struck foes for Y (low) seconds. [Spammy again, I'd like to see 2 of these cast before the first one blasts]
Level 6 Ultimate:
Penumbra
  • Active. A beam of darkness descends upon the battlefield, seeking out and following the closest living, non-creep unit to itself, dealing X damage per second and extending burn on struck foes by 3 seconds per second. Lasts 30 seconds. [30ish second cooldown]
There we go, v2.00 of Poppy's hero. I think it's a lot better, especially the ultimate, where it follows behind the closest living unit to itself, meaning you can either lead it or give it to an allied hero to chase him and then if the unit dies, it simply seeks out another one. You can use black hole suns to lead it along a desired path by creating them and unsummoning them. So many options open up.

That and I'm a big fan of all of the other skills as well. Let's see how you guys think.

Return to “Hero Contest #2”