[D-] Jhona Kree, Frozen Mystic

Let's play a game. If you win, you might just get some representation in DoE!
snakehawk37
Holder of the Alt-F4

[D-] Jhona Kree, Frozen Mystic

Post by snakehawk37 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:15 am

Jhona Kree
Frozen Mystic
Intelligence; Hallowed Order.
Role: Anti-melee caster (primarily)

The candles burned out. The air became more frigid. Arro Kree looked around, startled by the drop in temperature. After all, he was in a desert. Preparing for the worst, Arro Kree summoned several fireballs. Suddenly, a figure entered the room, and the fireballs became extinguished. It spoke, “Fear not, Arro Kree. I come here to join the Hallowed Order.” A path of ice led away from the being. He inquired, "What good is cold magic in a desert?" "You think a bit of heat can stop me?"

Under the light, Arro Kree saw that it was a woman, and he responded, “Who are you?” She said, “Arro Kree, I am the last of the Kree’s.”

Level 1 Skill:
Icy Winds
  • Active cast.
    Jhona Kree sends forth a huge, freezing blast of wind in the target direction to strike an area for x damage. The ice tears at and weakens enemies, causing them to be maimed for y seconds.
    NOTE: Should visually resemble fireball.
Level 1 Skill:
Snow Clone
  • Active cast.
    Jhona Kree creates an ice clone of a target hero. If target is an enemy, maim is extended for t seconds. It deals x% of the original target’s damage and takes y% more damage. The clone deals 2x damage to maimed units and have a 25% chance of knocking down units for z seconds with each attack. The clone melts over 15 seconds. Jhona Kree may not clone herself.
    NOTE: If possible, the clone should appear blue to everyone, not just allies. Should deal moderately high dmg and have pretty fast movespeed (100% of target's damage at max level).
Level 1 Skill:
Frigidity
  • Active passive.
    Jhona Kree conceals herself under a shroud of ice, making her invisible to all those around her. The air becomes so cold that it stings those around. Enemies within x range receive y damage every z seconds, and maimed enemies become crippled as well. Jhona can not move while under frigidity, but can cast spells.
    NOTE: She would only be able to cast spells if target is in casting range, since she must cast without moving. This should be instant toggleable (or close to).
Level 6 Ultimate:
Ice Trail
  • Active cast.
    Jhona Kree emits ice in front of her, allowing her to move at max speed for x seconds. Enemy units who walk on the trail left behind slip and are knocked down for y seconds. Maimed units are knocked down for 2y seconds. Trail melts away over z seconds.
    NOTE: This would have a medium-length cooldown, like 30 seconds (based on how long duration is).
This hero would use a Jaina model with a more icy, stormy skin.

I submitted this hero to the old contest, but got DQ'd for incorrect format. I made it more condition interactive this time.

I picture this hero having very similar stats to Stille. The first active skill is meant to visually resemble Arro Kree’s fireball, once again to show their bondage. Although the ultimate makes it very easy to get away or chase, you have to remember that like Stille, she has very low hit points.

I see her as the "anti-melee caster." She has the potential to really annoy the hard-hitting monsters of the bane between maim, cripple, and knockdowns. I do not see how people can say she is a sieger. Maybe her snow clone, but that is pretty much it.

It may also be ironic that she uses ice powers in the desert, but this is just to exemplify the significant power of the Krees. In fact, she is intended to be more powerful than Arro at this point (storywise). Also, I asked Dusk and he said he is by no means against ice heros being submitted.
Last edited by snakehawk37 on Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:48 pm, edited 7 times in total.

BD423
Holder of the Alt-F4

Re: Jhona Kree, Frozen Mystic

Post by BD423 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:28 am

realy not much synergy in her skills. Also she Has to pick her first skill or else her third skill wont even do damage(based on what i read). Clone is kinda just thrown in there imo and its forced to work with her maim,(reinforcing that u pick icy winds before u pick any other skill. ill comment more another time but this stuff jumped out at me
I swear to drunk im not god.

RadON
Wielder of the Ctrl-Alt-Delete

Post by RadON » Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:39 am

I haven't read the hero, but ice is not getting into DoE.

del_diablo
CAPS LOCK INCARNATE

Post by del_diablo » Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:42 am

Another problem: Jaina got buildt in fireball attack animation :o

But seems like a nice hero, soo extremly elementalish(DoE needs a ice hero :D)
Dont challange the lazy, he are godlike serius.

Daryll-The-Damned
Captain Caption

Post by Daryll-The-Damned » Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:29 pm

Heh, the ultimate kinda reminds me of Ice man.

But ya, Dusk has said before that Ice heros are pretty much not going in...something about how being in a desert would melt the ice.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Pestilence :: Rocky the V :: Buz-Ze :: Zen :: The Kid:: Imperius

Cold Phoenix
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Cold Phoenix » Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:03 pm

I think he said as long as they aren't made out of ice they COULD be used, even if they have icy spells. But it would make more sense if the snow clones and icy path melted away over time. (Maybe if snow clones are on top of ice path they don't melt?
Your move.

Daryll-The-Damned
Captain Caption

Post by Daryll-The-Damned » Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:17 pm

And that transcends the point of simplicity. It would require extra code just so that one ability could have some pretty, useless point.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Pestilence :: Rocky the V :: Buz-Ze :: Zen :: The Kid:: Imperius

snakehawk37
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by snakehawk37 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:22 pm

Thanks for the comments. I edited her third skill a bit so it is useful at level 1, and for those who say snow clone is useless without her first skill, that is not true. It just hurts A LOT more to maimed units. I also changed the tooltips of snow clone and her ulti to suggest melting. That DOES make more sense.

For people who are immediately shrugging her off because she is ice-oriented. I pm'd dusk before submitting this if it is okay to submit a hero who uses ice skills, and he said its fine.

About Jaina having a built-in fireball anim, that sux 8*( I don't know what to say about that.

Thanks for the comments, and keep 'em coming.

Edit: Yea, I do not think extending snow clones duration is necessary, as they are meant to be semi-short duration/cooldown clones.

RadON
Wielder of the Ctrl-Alt-Delete

Post by RadON » Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:29 pm

It's not like you need a Rylai--there are other models out there. :3

BD423
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by BD423 » Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:25 am

i dont think anyone here said that ice clones are useless as lvl 1 skill i however said that it realy feels thrown in. review ur skills for a sec man. U got an aoe maim and damag spell. U have a clone that does more damage if a unit is maimed. You have a active passive that makes u invisible but also IMOBILIZES you and does damage, while doing more damage to those that are maimed. Realy only thing i think your hero would be bringing to orders table is A vert like sieger with a lil bit of cc, and since the orders chock full of aoe and siege(arro,stille,aurea,innert,glyphe,kassar,) it wouldnt be anything that they could pick from any of the other heros on order.

i wont comment much on the skills as i think she should be redone a good bit and made to fit a diff role, but what i will say is take the immob off of her invis, there is already a strong 3 fact 200 gold counter to invis, u should atleast be able to move about freely. Oh and another thing, alot of your synergy comes from straight + damage if affected by maim, u should try to think of a diff way to make synergy with out just adding wtf pwns extra damage. Look at atrius,torne,fahren etc.

edit: sorry if i seem like a jerk, just tryna help u out before deadline hits.
I swear to drunk im not god.

andriejj
Keeper of the Keys

Post by andriejj » Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:27 am

del_diablo wrote:Another problem: Jaina got buildt in fireball attack animation :o

But seems like a nice hero, soo extremly elementalish(DoE needs a ice hero :D)
Don't listen to him >_>

Look at Ice Queen in Castle Fight, perfect example for Jaina model being perfect for Ice caster :P

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Oxygen » Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:18 pm

I'm pretty sure that it had to be a technical hero ( and here, I'll assume that technical means support, altho I can't be sure of that ) anyhow, this is a 100% offensive à la Kree hero. And you'd think that ice would also have a crippling effect, so I think that the theme is rather poorly exploited here. It'd be like not giving a fire hero burn. Rather poor synergy.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:20 pm

Review:
  • General Pros:
    - Breath of Frost was your best skill idea, and all it is is a cone of frostiness
  • General Cons:
    - Too much story fluff in skill descriptions
    - Third skill and ult are highly counterproductive, one stops you from moving and the other creates an ice trail where you move.
    - Too many forced synergies with conditions. Try to think of some clever, yet effective ones.
    - I don't like the way you implemented a mirror image thing on an ice hero, how does that make sense?
  • Final Thoughts:
    - Too much scatterbrained design, not enough hero focus
    - Needs a more defined play-style
    - Ice heroes aren't bad or banished from DoE, but the problem is that they need to have something sweet going for them. This one, unfortunately, does not have that,
  • End Grade:
    D-
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Return to “Hero Contest #2”