[F] Khun Yaak, Harbinger of Dusk

Let's play a game. If you win, you might just get some representation in DoE!
RadON
Wielder of the Ctrl-Alt-Delete

[F] Khun Yaak, Harbinger of Dusk

Post by RadON » Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:01 am

Khun Yaak
Harbinger of Dusk
Agility; Order; Melee.

Note that this hero is not finished and is being edited constantly.
I'm guessing this model suggestion is used to much: Spellbreaker with a happy face.

Level 1 Skill:
Stalk - Activate Passive Invisibility
  • Shrouds Yaak, becoming invisible to enemies. If closer than X range, Yaak is revealed and ruined for Y seconds. Drains mana.
Level 1 Skill:
Release - Around-self AoE Maim & Small Damage
  • In an X AoE around Yaak, deals Y damage and maims for Z seconds to nearby enemies. Small mana cost and cooldown.
Level 1 Skill:
Skill Name
  • Description.
Level 6 Ultimate:
Hereditary - Passive Condition Transfer
  • Yaak has an 25% chance of transferring a condition that he is suffering to an enemy with every hit if he/she is suffering from maim. The condition will last X% of the duration that was left on Yaak.
Stalk: works like Morgana's Stalk with a little something extra.
Release: spam-able skill that, meant to maim the crap out of enemies.

Hereditary: condition transfer through melee attacks. The X duration should be something like 50%/75%/100% to be useful.
Last edited by RadON on Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:11 am, edited 5 times in total.

Pigger
Revenent of the Replies

Re: Khun Yaak, the Dusk

Post by Pigger » Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:17 pm

I realize the hero is unfinished, but just to note the two skills you have completed, they've got some huge downfalls.

First, the first skill makes you invisible, which means that people wont be attacking him, which makes his ultimate pointless. And second, because maim reduces attack speed, the chance on his ultimate would need to be VERY high to make it useful because a maimed unit hardly gets any attacks out anyway.

RadON

Post by RadON » Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:35 pm

It works like Atrius'.
Yaak has the X% chance to transfer to them if they are maimed.
Note that I did this very late and didn't feel like continuing.

Pigger
Revenent of the Replies

Post by Pigger » Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:50 pm

Oh oh oh, sorry I guess I misread it when I wrote that. Here I was thinking it said every time THEY hit him, not the other way around. My bad.

VZShadowRain
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by VZShadowRain » Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:56 pm

All I can think of when I see this hero is "Tunak tunak tun, tunak tunak tun, tunak tunak tun, da da da!" I mean, say his name out loud quickly.

Oh, and I love your avatar. That game was the epics. Haven't read the hero yet, but I will tomorrow.
-ShadowRain Image

Internet is the cocaine of the mind. -My Friend

RadON

Re: Khun Yaak, Harbinger of Dusk

Post by RadON » Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:42 pm

Still too tired. Added a skill, cleared some confusion, tweaked some stuff around.

Kefka is more than epic.

BD423
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by BD423 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:28 am

havnt read thru whole hero but i will comment on first skill, if uve ever played aom the pedator has an abil that makes him invis but reveals it if he gets close to enemy(not completely sure as i dont play him but prety sure) that could be a prob as im sure dusk dosnt want stuff from aom in doe. secondly i think morgana had a skill like this only it dint provide such a drawback when being seen, i mean eye already counters invis bad and its only 3 fact theres no reason to give realy any penalties unless u have a high chance of doing something useful while invisi like break damage. will coment on other stuff later.
I swear to drunk im not god.

RadON

Post by RadON » Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:57 am

It says it in the comments, "similar to Morgana's Stalk, only it has little tweaks."
I am fully aware of what Dusk wants for a hero.

VZShadowRain
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by VZShadowRain » Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:41 am

I would suggest changing the ulti to 'if the enemy unit is suffering from a condition' instead, because Ultimates as specific as that really don't work as well as you want them to and people end up just thinking it's crap. Also, if it's any condition, then you can keep on transferring your conditions to them, which would be beyond hax.
-ShadowRain Image

Internet is the cocaine of the mind. -My Friend

BD423
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by BD423 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:23 pm

the thing is his stalk is worse then morganas stalk all together, morgana dint have any penalty on her stalk except being seen. And i still think that its a good bit like preds invis ability from aom.
I swear to drunk im not god.

Daryll-The-Damned
Captain Caption

Post by Daryll-The-Damned » Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:50 pm

The predator's invisibility is a toggable invisibility with a 3/2/1 fade time(I think) That only breaks when deactivated, or when the predator itself attacks or casts a spell. It drains a set amount of mana per second, that is multiplied by the percentage of life missing from the predator.

At most, they are both toggable invisibility. That's pretty much it.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Pestilence :: Rocky the V :: Buz-Ze :: Zen :: The Kid:: Imperius

shalnath
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by shalnath » Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:41 pm

The only synergy this hero has is his first ability and ultimate (obviously you still have another skill to add, though). His ultimate is similar to one already being used by the new Pit Lord hero, Dagurnott in 1.09, so you might want to change that.
The World Asunder - Cleaves enemy units around the target for X% damage and transfers all conditions and their remaining durations from Dagurnott to the units struck.
"Within every world, there are cultures, within every culture, there are groups, within every group, there are leaders. These leaders are not truly chosen, they are destined, it is their fate to lead, and it is this fate that drives them. Souls yearn to be driven, they in themselves can not direct, however, these leaders are predetermined, by whatever means, to guide the wills and mend the errors of these wandering souls. A forest, cold, cured, flawless, meticulous, and fearful, what drives it, what keeps the balance? The inner beings of all the co-existant creatures swarm together, and every one is guided by another, in more a cycle, then a hierarchy. The eyes of a forest are always watching and guiding, yet the sun never sets on the forest, and it never shall." ~ The Chaos Theory

RadON

Post by RadON » Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:46 pm

I'll do some revamping later today, thanks.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:59 pm

Review:
  • General Pros:
    - Harbinger of me. (Lol)
  • General Cons:
    - First skill was a skill on Morgana. Not feeling it, it was a bit too backdooresque for my tastes.
    - Don't like the second skill the way you've made the hero, random nuke
    - Ult is too forced, doesn't flow, the interaction is too rarely valuable, the skill is relatively pointless otherwise (Envy rapes it as a non-ult)
  • Final Thoughts:
    - Not judging an unfinished Hero.
  • End Grade:
    F
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Return to “Hero Contest #2”