[B+] Travayl, the Serrated Blade

Let's play a game. If you win, you might just get some representation in DoE!
RadON
Wielder of the Ctrl-Alt-Delete

Re: Travayl, the Deadwood Assassin

Post by RadON » Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:23 pm

Your revised 3rd and 4th skills are win.

Deschain
Diabolical Doomsayer

Re: Travayl, the Deadwood Assassin

Post by Deschain » Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:27 pm

RadON wrote:Your revised 3rd and 4th skills are win.
Your comments are insightful.
Those who seek war deserve for the war to find them.

shalnath
Holder of the Alt-F4

Re: Travayl, the Serrated Blade

Post by shalnath » Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:19 pm

I did a bit of revision and revamping based on some of the feedback I received. Let me know what you think.
"Within every world, there are cultures, within every culture, there are groups, within every group, there are leaders. These leaders are not truly chosen, they are destined, it is their fate to lead, and it is this fate that drives them. Souls yearn to be driven, they in themselves can not direct, however, these leaders are predetermined, by whatever means, to guide the wills and mend the errors of these wandering souls. A forest, cold, cured, flawless, meticulous, and fearful, what drives it, what keeps the balance? The inner beings of all the co-existant creatures swarm together, and every one is guided by another, in more a cycle, then a hierarchy. The eyes of a forest are always watching and guiding, yet the sun never sets on the forest, and it never shall." ~ The Chaos Theory

RadON
Wielder of the Ctrl-Alt-Delete

Post by RadON » Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:44 pm

I like everything but Preparation and his ultimate. You have an auto-cast (which probably means you won't have a very long cooldown), and you have an passive (no cooldown). The only skill that is going to refresh is his third, correct?--
Sure, I guess stunning him is great, then use the second skill again, then stun him again. Yet no damage?

Maiming would be pretty useless. He can't see you.

shalnath
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by shalnath » Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:59 pm

Good call on Envenom. I changed it back to an active.

Preparation does not refresh itself. Only Envenom and Opportunity have their cooldowns reset.
Maiming would be pretty useless. He can't see you.
Blind is pretty useless too, for the same reason, but they were part of the requirements. I may change it to something like ruin, however, since Opportunity blinds.
"Within every world, there are cultures, within every culture, there are groups, within every group, there are leaders. These leaders are not truly chosen, they are destined, it is their fate to lead, and it is this fate that drives them. Souls yearn to be driven, they in themselves can not direct, however, these leaders are predetermined, by whatever means, to guide the wills and mend the errors of these wandering souls. A forest, cold, cured, flawless, meticulous, and fearful, what drives it, what keeps the balance? The inner beings of all the co-existant creatures swarm together, and every one is guided by another, in more a cycle, then a hierarchy. The eyes of a forest are always watching and guiding, yet the sun never sets on the forest, and it never shall." ~ The Chaos Theory

VZShadowRain
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by VZShadowRain » Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:14 pm

I really like how he flows right now, it's a lot better than how he used to be. The only big problem I have with it is if you got preparation first. It would be near useless.
-ShadowRain Image

Internet is the cocaine of the mind. -My Friend

shalnath
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by shalnath » Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:26 pm

That happens with a lot of other heroes too. AK comes to mind. I never level up Whitefire first, it's always Fireball or the immolation and Whitefire secondary. And just in case you meant at level one, there are a lot of abilities that are less useful.

Pigger
Revenent of the Replies

Post by Pigger » Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:32 pm

Well, Whitefire actually DOES something though. With preparation, A. conditions are hardly used early on, and B. There'd be nothing to reset. I think if it had a little damage tacked on or something it would work out better.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:42 pm

That happens with a lot of other heroes too. AK comes to mind. I never level up Whitefire first, it's always Fireball or the immolation and Whitefire secondary.
I know I'm not supposed to post, but I wanted to tell you that my first skill as AK is always whitefire.
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

BD423
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by BD423 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:54 am

i like how simple he is, only thing wrong is his second skill is useless if picked first.
I swear to drunk im not god.

shalnath
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by shalnath » Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:29 am

So is Atrius's Ashes to Ashes. *shrug*

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:33 am

Actually, that again is not true. I have a habit when I play Atrius to get A2A without ever getting sandstorm for quite a few levels. The agility helps loads to counteract early ruin, deal higher damage, and to hit faster. It's overall useful, even at level 1. And don't use Epidemic/Martyr as examples, the mechanics of those skill were needed to be how they are.
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

shalnath
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by shalnath » Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:11 am

I do the same thing sometimes, I'm just using his logic. A lot of heroes use conditions even at level 1, definitely more often than someone like Atrius gets hit at level 1.

Daryll-The-Damned
Captain Caption

Post by Daryll-The-Damned » Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:35 pm

Does it refresh cooldowns regardless of conditions on the target? Because that would mean it would be very useful even at level 1.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Pestilence :: Rocky the V :: Buz-Ze :: Zen :: The Kid:: Imperius

shalnath
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by shalnath » Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:19 pm

Yes, it does. It doesn't fresh itself, however.

Return to “Hero Contest #2”