[C+] Natu, the Inherent Charge

Let's play a game. If you win, you might just get some representation in DoE!
Greenspawn
Keeper of the Keys

[C+] Natu, the Inherent Charge

Post by Greenspawn » Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:38 pm

Natu
Inherent Charge
Strength; Order

Level 1 Skill:
Transfer
  • Channels a powerful electric shock into the target enemy unit, dealing X damage per second and extending main by Y seconds each second channeled. Also drains Z health from Natu per second. Maximum channeling time of 5 (or some number) second. (Target Channeling)
Level 1 Skill:
Polarize
  • Rearranges the charges on Natu's body, allowing his attacks to drain X health from enemies and crippling maimed enemies for Y seconds. (Self-Buff)
Level 1 Skill:
Electric Field
  • While active, all enemies in range of Natu take X damage per second, plus an additional Y damage per second for each condition it has. Also drains health each second from Natu, but renders him invisible to enemies. If he attacks while invisible, then the invisibility breaks and re-activates in 1 second (assuming the ability is still active) (Activated Passive)
Level 6 Ultimate:
Flow
  • While channeled, all enemies in range of Natu have their condition durations extended by X seconds every second (not including stun or knockdown), but also drains Y mana (very large number) per second. (Channeling Area Effect)
Just to clarify: Flow has no cooldown. It simply requires one to activate the ability by clicking on it, but Natu can't move, so he can't run after enemies to extend their condition durations.

Also, X in Electric Field is smaller than the trigger interval.

Tell me what you think!

Edit: Specified what type of invisibility Electric Field gives.
Edit: Electric Field changed around

~Greenspawn
Last edited by Greenspawn on Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Math is # |e^iπ|
"I can't imagine getting hit by a giant rock and not being maimed or crippled or ruined" -Dusk

Logue: Please replace the toilet paper when you use it all. For some reason my 5 year old son believes if it's not there he does not have to wipe.

Panda_of_Doom
Champion Noobite

Re: Natu, the Inherent Charge

Post by Panda_of_Doom » Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:42 am

Knockdown + Flow = permastun.

Potential problem there.

Pigger
Revenent of the Replies

Post by Pigger » Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:48 am

Knockdown isn't considered a condition. (As far as I know)

Steve
Revenent of the Replies
Location: Dropping lasers or meteors on some unfortunate bystander... what?

Post by Steve » Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:35 am

The ult seems almost exactly like Contagion, but a much higher cost and without the damage.
The enemy are in disarray, ride them down as they run
Send them to their violent graves, don't spare anyone
Dead and wounded lie all around, see the pain in their eyes
Over the field an eerie sound, as we hear the raven's cry

RadON
Wielder of the Ctrl-Alt-Delete

Post by RadON » Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:07 am

This is another one of those "if this unit suffers from X, then he will suffer from Y," am I right?

Greenspawn
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Greenspawn » Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:23 pm

To answer all your questions:
Knockdown + Flow = permastun.

Potential problem there.
Yes, but Flow doesn't affect stunned or knockdowned units.

I should clarify that in the hero description.
The ult seems almost exactly like Contagion, but a much higher cost and without the damage.
What is Contagion? Is it Torrne's ultimate? I'll look into it.
This is another one of those "if this unit suffers from X, then he will suffer from Y," am I right?
Some abilities are, but it's not the basis of this hero.

I'm gonna make some changes.
Math is # |e^iπ|
"I can't imagine getting hit by a giant rock and not being maimed or crippled or ruined" -Dusk

Logue: Please replace the toilet paper when you use it all. For some reason my 5 year old son believes if it's not there he does not have to wipe.

Greenspawn
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Greenspawn » Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:59 pm

okay. Changes have been made.
Math is # |e^iπ|

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:38 pm

Review:
  • General Pros:
    - Yay Electricity!
    - Freakin' Sweet Ultimate
    I love the ultimate. Channeling the spell to perpetually extend nearby foes' conditions is a huge asset to both a team and any hero in and of itself. It's really cool and really good condition interaction, props.
  • General Cons:
    - Obligatory Invisibility
    Invisibility is one of the most important points of all heroes submitted for the contest, and honestly yours feels a bit tacked on. It doesn't really flow, I mean, breakable invisibility when two of your skills are channeled so you couldn't be invisible during them? That's really silly, and totally negates the value of invisibility. However also, even if you made the invisibility not break on channeling, you'd run into the problem of him simply being too strong while channeling! It's one of those things that can't be fixed no matter which way you go with it.
    - Violence
    Okay, you've got a lot of skills that hurt your hero and no way with which he can cope with it. You're effectively limiting the usefulness of your hero by saying "Hey, he not only needs mana to cast spells, but needs life too!" Imagine if Anick's skills costed mana too, it'd be wretched.
  • Final Thoughts:
    He's a pretty cool hero with a really awesome ultimate, but it falters in a critical way. I can't even begin to visualize the hero. Obligatory electricity effects would look terrible and nothing else quite makes sense with his skillset. Even if he were the coolest hero ever, I wouldn't be able to do anything with it if the skills visually don't make sense! Otherwise, he's a pretty good hero, though I really think he could've been a lot better.
  • End Grade:
    C+
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Return to “Hero Contest #2”