Hero Contest Discussion

Let's play a game. If you win, you might just get some representation in DoE!
Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Re: Hero Contest Discussion

Post by Rising_Dusk » Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:56 pm

Damnit, I'm an admin on wc3c and I had presentations to prepare for. I've got more important things to do! I'll get to it eventually.
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Cold Phoenix
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Cold Phoenix » Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:58 pm

Dusk is our slave. Get to work! *Cracks whip* >: o
Your move.

Hydrolisk
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Hydrolisk » Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:24 pm

Is the contest still open?
I kinda want a chance to put a Hero on the map. (I don't really care what map, although I find more ideas come directed at DoE these days.) And if my Hero is actually selected, then I would be able to see my ideas actually get put to use.

The Colonel
Letter Linguist

Post by The Colonel » Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:32 pm

No, the contest closed a while ago, however, you can still post heroes in the suggestions area or you can create heroes for my map, since you don't care what map. You could also help with KR's Fridge.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:12 pm

Fair warning, I'm probably being meaner in my assessments than I should be. Your heroes are likely not as terrible as I'm making them out to be, there's just too much of the same stuff I've already seen dozens of times. Come on, think outside the box.

Deschain
Diabolical Doomsayer

Post by Deschain » Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:14 am

Ok. Did Mjolnir win this contest? You mentioned something about saving the hero by seeing Static charge spell. I just hope you don't do it like in EotA :P
Those who seek war deserve for the war to find them.

Soul_Reaver
Revenent of the Replies

Post by Soul_Reaver » Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:38 am

Dusk, would it be possible to change the tiltes of the already judged heroes to show their marks? I mean like:
Thorum Cainus, The Mjollnir, would be changed into Thorum Cainus, The Mjollnir - [B+]

That way it would be easier to see what you found good and what you found bad, for future hero suggestions, and the like.

Also am I right on this thing I thought out: So, I saw you were inspired by the second ability, which all-in-all looks like this:
If an enemy unit is targeted its movement and attack speeds are decreased./If an allied unit is targeted its movement and attack speed are increased.

So, what inspired you on the hero was the fact that his offensive spells are turned into their opposite support ones and vica versa?

EDIT: Just re-thougth it, no it couldn't be the thing that inspired you, this kind of ability is already present on Victor.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:42 am

Ok. DidMjolnir win this contest? You mentioned something about saving the hero by seeing Static charge spell. I just hope you don't do it like in EotA
Well I did generate a hero based on inspiration from that hero, then I looked at the hero I was "inspired by" and found absolutely zero similarities between the two, so I'm not sure what to say. xD
Dusk, would it be possible to change the tiltes of the already judged heroes to show their marks?
Okay, sure.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:35 pm

Double post.
So I noticed there are three* heroes with B+, and I'm quite shocked. No one made a perfect hero, but 4 of you made excellent heroes that either inspired me heavily or just kicked ass in their own right. (Both are equally valid methods to win this kind of contest)

So now I'll likely whip up four modified heroes and post them later, then have public vote decide the ultimate winner.
Stay tuned!

*I re-looked at panda's hero and I have no idea what I was talking about before, it's good but not amazing. It lacks a real cohesive style, so I'm sort of incapable of creating anything awesome out of it. Still good job, just needed to be a little less complicated and more defined.

Cold Phoenix
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Cold Phoenix » Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:22 pm

Yay! ;o
Your move.

Return to “Hero Contest #2”