Bleach discussion

This is a forum where you can discuss your favorite anime or manga. Absolutely no hentai or anything of the sort will be allowed at any time.
del_diablo
CAPS LOCK INCARNATE

Bleach discussion

Post by del_diablo » Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:23 pm

Read the topic title!!!!

Ok, i will warn that this tread "Might" have spoilers. Myself i am reading at the lastest manga, soo i do not really care.

I will start the "flame war" then: WHY IS ICHIGO RIGGED?
Dont challange the lazy, he are godlike serius.

Loki
Gypsy
Location: In a sea of paper cranes and a sky of paper planes.

Re: Bleach discussion

Post by Loki » Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:25 pm

I really don't care much of the anime, BUT! I do love the manga though. Less filler-y and failure-y.
I will start the "flame war" then: WHY IS ICHIGO RIGGED?
Like most main characters for ANY story, they are all innately rigged in some shape or form.
Like some examples,
  • Ichigo: Being a "being" of what any damned term they call him. And manages to pull through with his damned "other" self whenever his ass is in some trouble.
  • Naruto: He is the typical "LOLKK I PUL EPIC DEMON OUT OF MAH FACE KPLOX WHEN I AM ABOT 2 DYE"
You can sorta see a pattern between these two if you ever took the time and realize what their personalities are.
And I doubt a "flame war" would ever emerge from a topic like this. xD
Let's do what comes naturally
ImageImageImageImage
I'll be waiting in Haven.

Daryll-The-Damned
Captain Caption

Post by Daryll-The-Damned » Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:46 pm

Ya you hear Bleach and Naruto compared alot, they're pretty similar.

And, like loki said, alot of main characters in fantasy/action Anime's/Manga are pretty imbarg.

But, as long as they're cool, does it matter? lol.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Pestilence :: Rocky the V :: Buz-Ze :: Zen :: The Kid:: Imperius

polishgangsta
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by polishgangsta » Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:48 pm

What i really find retarded about Ichigo is not his OMGWTFBBQ-ness, but the fact that he seems to be able to raise this level at an unprecedented rate. For example, before the Soul Society Arc, he gets pwned by Byakuya and,to a lesser extent, Renji. From the begining of the arc, to the end, Ichigo basically goes from *maybe* vice-captain level, to a higher level than some captain (ie. Kenpachi).

The bount-arc is just terrible in this respect. Ichigo gains some amazing amount of power (even out of uber-Hollow mode) from his first fight vs. Jin to his last fight.

In the current arc, there is little doubt that Ulquiorra could destroy Ichigo, but of course, Ichigo will end up gaining some newfound power allowing him to defeat Ulquiorra and/or possibly Aizen.

I guess I shouldn't single out Bleach, though, because most anime seem to have this issue.
ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage

Loki
Gypsy

Post by Loki » Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:57 pm

bount-arc
Completely filler. Totally irrelevant to the story. It what makes anime differ from manga. Fillers tend to disrupt the actual story and add in "filler" characters which eventually appear out of place, or added in just because they needed it, then said-character is now a meaningless person to the original plot. Most anime has had this occur plenty of times.
he seems to be able to raise this level at an unprecedented rate.
Out of necessity obviously. They can't have their main character die after one shot.
ImageImageImageImage

polishgangsta
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by polishgangsta » Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:15 am

Loki wrote: Out of necessity obviously. They can't have their main character die after one shot.
But, really, I think it shows poor plot structure if it happens almost all the time. Maybe for 1-2 of his fights, i could buy it. But it seems that any fight that he has that he cannot initially win causes him to do some very brief training (sometimes he just does some in-fight soul-searching) and suddenly has his power level increase by OVER 9000. I mean, it makes for a more badass character, but could a single day of training make up for the 100+ year gap in training between him and his oppenent? I found it very refreshing that Ichigo currently has his ass handed to him and needs to rely on the captains to do shit for awhile. I'm not saying that it isn't incosistent within the anime/manga, but I find it a bit contrived (the words "mary sue" come to mind) when the main characters are able instantly bridge any gaps in power.

I know its not just Bleach, DBZ does it and Naruto does it to a lesser extent.
ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage

del_diablo
CAPS LOCK INCARNATE

Post by del_diablo » Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:35 pm

Loki wrote:I really don't care much of the anime, BUT! I do love the manga though. Less filler-y and failure-y.
[*]Naruto: He is the typical "LOLKK I PUL EPIC DEMON OUT OF MAH FACE KPLOX WHEN I AM ABOT 2 DYE"[/list]
Oh seriusly, he only pulled it 2 times(Haku and first encounter with Orochimaru). He never abused the p0w3r later anyway :| Exept for second encounter with Oro :D

Anyway, i think i will change the subject to: "Newest Anime/manga" discussion :D
Dont challange the lazy, he are godlike serius.

Loki
Gypsy

Post by Loki » Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:53 pm

Well, I read the manga when I am bored. Whenever the hell Naruto is in trouble, especially after his training for # amount of years, his demon form of GTFO manages to pop out.
ImageImageImageImage

Thanatos
Revenent of the Replies

Post by Thanatos » Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:05 am

Well here's another problem with Bleach, they drag battles on for TOO DAMN LONG. They need to know when to stop, I'm tired of seeing the same characters fight over and over again. It's boring I lost interest in this damn anime because of it.
yuuki o misetsuketemo tsuyogattemo hitoei de wa iki.

Loki
Gypsy

Post by Loki » Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:21 am

Yeah, episodes on one fight is retarded, it's because of that I also lost interest in DBZ.
ImageImageImageImage

The Colonel
Letter Linguist

Post by The Colonel » Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:48 pm

In DBZ fights would last about 3-4 episodes. The first was them fighting, the second was the screaming as they gained power, the third was more fighting, the fourth was both of them being almost dead, then something happens to kill the other.

I've never watched bleach, so I can't say much on it. =P

Thanatos
Revenent of the Replies

Post by Thanatos » Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:59 pm

Bleach is different for instance. A battle in the manga would last for about two or three mangas, with the characters doing the same shit over and over again, I'm tired of seeing the 8th Espada and If I could I'd shoot him. At least Dragon Ball Z has an END to it.

Loki
Gypsy

Post by Loki » Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:04 pm

Manga is obviously different. -_-
ImageImageImageImage

Blue.Frog
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by Blue.Frog » Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:13 pm

Thanatos
Revenent of the Replies

Post by Thanatos » Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:15 pm

Well the manga is just ahead of the anime, the anime will eventually get to that scene so basically it's the same unless the creator changes it some way. Hell the current chapters seem like fillers more than anything.

Return to “Anime & Manga”