My psychology book

If you want to discuss novels, poems, or just submit your own creations for criticism and enjoyment you can do so here.
Medivh.
Champion Noobite

My psychology book

Post by Medivh. » Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:29 am

Gonna write a book about what I went through and all the advice, explanations, strategies, thoughts, positive and negative stuff that I went through so far (I could add more if I waited before writing it, but I need something to do now that I stop being depressed and validating me stalling on stuff or not doing anything because I didn't have the motivation (eg. maps I never did, that I wanted to do, but then realized that I don't like mapmaking more than necessary)).

Anyway, excuses aside, Format :

1. Prologue, Foreword, whatever
-I have : Depression, anxiety disorder, panic attacks, agoraphobia, social phobia, social anxiety and a shitton of thoughts and piles of stuff inside my head I can use. Now I want to use these moldy archives as a tool to help other people in my situation in getting another point of view, maybe understanding stuff better and also as a tool for the common folk, to make them realize that you aren't asylum material if you go and see a psychiatrist or a psychologist, nor if you tell that you have a mental illness.

Now this is where the format gets hazy. I want to make it part information, part narration.

Reporting facts of my life, daily life routines I had in the past, etc. in story format, then after, I can add my explanations, the information I uncovered, either on my own or thanks to other people, in purely informational type textage.

Either I write the whole narration part in one section, then do the information part in the second section. Or write down parts narration, parts information under some sort of order (type of illness I suffered for example).

After I wanted to do some sort of thoughts bestiary. A stash of positive thoughts, philosophies, tips and everything in some sort of annex/epilogue.

What do people think of this so far? I'm going to have to write it in french, but I can probably try to translate a few bits. These things up there are pretty much the only thing stopping me from giving a title to the book and typing it down like a madman. I'm also counting on this as an opener for me to write books more in the novel genre, such as fantasy softcore/hardcore (softcore : harry potterish, hardcore : AotZ/DoE lore), maybe sci-fi, whatever life gives me.

-save rawr!
Revenge of the thorny bum!

Medivh.
Champion Noobite

Re: My psychology book

Post by Medivh. » Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:09 pm

Bump.

No one has any feedback? Duskmon, I thought you could have had something good to say about it (or bad, it doesn't matter).

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:52 pm

I didn't even see the thread. Sorry, it's only been a day, don't need a bump. Oo

It's interesting that you want to write a book, but you do realize that it's such a monumental undertaking. Writing a book is by no means trivial, and even if you finish getting it published and recognized is quite the task in and of itself. If you just want to chronicle your thoughts on the forums, then by all means, there are plenty of others who already do it and there's nothing wrong with that. We'll read them, though we may not always post about it. (You know how we are)

But yeah, more power to you and so on.
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Medivh.
Champion Noobite

Post by Medivh. » Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:11 pm

The task is quite daunting I know, but I pretty much know how it's going to be made. I should throw myself in and see, but I don't know I'll write a huge brick, I was worried at times it might not be long enough, but I can't know until I start.

Guess I will, later today or tomorrow, depending if my pills don't knock me out. It's gonna be in french, I don't have any choice, and I have more ability to write in a narrative setting in french, but I can probably translate passages and post it here, see if I can write as decent as I think I can.

Medivh.
Champion Noobite

Post by Medivh. » Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:42 am

1. I managed to bump in the prologue during last night, stupid irregular sleep patterns.

Now I have to find a way to write my story, but the main problem is that even if I use fake names, they might know that they are reading about my story, so my parents could get some unwanted attention :twisted: It wouldn't have bothered me if I was autonomous, but I still depend on my mother for survival due to the same reasons I'm writing this to begin with lol.

Dilemmas, dilemmas. I hope people don't mind me using this as a notepad of my progress, it can also tell when I'll be able to put a translated passage here, it should be really soon once I go around with that small issue. rawr!

Kurogamon
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Kurogamon » Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:21 am

Of course, we're always here for feedback. Anything for your thoughts.

I think you could do a style alternating information and life stories, written in a separated but intertwined way. What I mean by this is that you pick out the most relevant information and insert it between sections of life story. I can tell your book is going to have a uniquely inspiring style.
Can you hear them?

Medivh.
Champion Noobite

Post by Medivh. » Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:08 pm

That is exactly what I was planning to do actually.

Medivh.
Champion Noobite

Post by Medivh. » Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:03 pm

Well, after a week of not knowing exactly how to start the real thing, I think after today's meeting at the phobia group that I now have a pretty good idea. I'm going to have to put it into practice asap.

TheIrishPatriot
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by TheIrishPatriot » Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:44 pm

Good luck mate, I look forward to seeing anything you show us :).
Read my prose please :).
An tírghrá Éireannach

Return to “Literary Arts”