Godland RP

If you want to discuss novels, poems, or just submit your own creations for criticism and enjoyment you can do so here.
Cecil
Holder of the Alt-F4

Godland RP

Post by Cecil » Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:51 am

Godland RP
An RP of epic proportions. Description pending, this will be like no other!

Gods
God for each race.

Races
Lizardmen
Gnomes
Humans

Classes
Warrior
Mage
Healer
Ranger
Rogue

Classes
Last edited by Cecil on Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

vesuvan
Revenent of the Replies

Re: Dungeon-based RP

Post by vesuvan » Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:26 pm

Cecil, don't take this the wrong way. I intend this advice to be benign.

Ideas are worthless. They are the fleeting excremete of the human mind that serve one purpose: to create a counter-balance to the subbornness inherent with an analytical engine designed to recognize and recreate patterns. A person with nothing but ideas is a brain in a jar with no means of locomotion, and with an atrophying concept of the physical world. A true idea man puts more effort into execution than the theoretical.

I've said before that if you don't have an objective, than any action you make does not denote sentience greater than that of a chicken with its head cut off. It can't be taken seriously, not because I am saying you are a fool, but for the same reason a dog's muddy footprints can't be an artistic creation. Headless chickens, dirty dogs, these are animals, creatures incapable of empathizing with other beings and trying to interact with them on an emotional or intellectual level.

I know what you are doing does not count as spam in some senses, but it shares with spam is utter lack of regard for the communication channels within this forum. By posting, you imply that you think what you posted was worth reading. This reflects badly on you when you do not present anything valuable.

To take the other side; there is nothing couragious about being aloof, secretive, or even bitter towards other human beings. You can never be certain if communication will be recieved well, but to put no effort into interfacing with another person's time is even worse than never talking to them at all.

You really made me wonder. Normally when a person wants to share something about themselves, its something that they care about. When somebody cares about something, they put energy towards it. Do you honestly think we want to see anything less than a product of 10% inspiration and 90% persperation? It's a really sad thing when a person's modus operandi is to kill time, even sadder when they don't mind killing other people's time.
͎̟͕͎̯̺͎̟͕͎̯̺ĩ̵̢͉̺̹͖͔̻̣̟̙ͦ̋̍ͤ̈́ͫ̓͐͐̅͊͒ͪͬͧͅn̢̮͈̪̤̳̏ͥ̐̍̌͊͜͟͠
̵̢͉̺̹͖͔̻̣̟̙ͦ̋̍ͤ̈́ͫ̓͐͐̅͊͒ͪͬͧͅn̢̮͈̪̤̳̏ͥ̐̍̌͊͜͟͠

Cecil
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by Cecil » Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:06 pm

I haven't even started. This is just somewhere to jot ideas down then organize them.

You don't have to read my posts if you don't to. They're not in the way either cause you can see my name and just avoid that thread altogether.

Intoxicated Crayon
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Intoxicated Crayon » Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:27 pm

Well... I've read that monologue vesuvan posted and I think I can put some things behind me to help you out with this roleplay. I've developed a skeleton story with a plot, ideas, suggestions, etc.

Story

The world and humanity were created by a sect of gods prone to imagining and playing with trinkets and such. Using their limitless power, they crafted a world and humanity to watch so they could be entertained. Bored by the course humans have taken, they have decided to abduct humans and force them into dungeons to best demons, monsters, and other horrid traps and creations made by the gods. In order to escape you must best the dungeons crafted by the gods which in turn, entertains them.
Classes

Utterly generic. Instead of restricting players like that you can set guidelines or prequisites for certain things like... If you become a necromancer you cannot use elements like earth or wind unless you have some knowledge of blah blah. Otherwise, classes should be more like kindgoms in the animal kingdom like... I'm part of the healer class but... I'm skilled with fire and fighting with swords. I also summon things, etc ,etc. And elite classes? This is pure no because all it means you are just stronger than a certain class and I find this useless. I would think characters would just strengthen themselves by learning new things and possibly changing classes there really isn't a need for an 'elite'.
Just some ideas but I don't know about races. It may just be some stuff that is incomplete but 3 races that have decided to go dungeon crawling? Unless you mean Lizard men are enemies but it just seems strange at the moment. However, I'd like to wish you luck, what do I know anyways.
English should not be a prerequisite for intelligence,

Cecil
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by Cecil » Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:52 pm

Intoxicated Crayon wrote:Well... I've read that monologue vesuvan posted and I think I can put some things behind me to help you out with this roleplay. I've developed a skeleton story with a plot, ideas, suggestions, etc.

Story

The world and humanity were created by a sect of gods prone to imagining and playing with trinkets and such. Using their limitless power, they crafted a world and humanity to watch so they could be entertained. Bored by the course humans have taken, they have decided to abduct humans and force them into dungeons to best demons, monsters, and other horrid traps and creations made by the gods. In order to escape you must best the dungeons crafted by the gods which in turn, entertains them.
Classes

Utterly generic. Instead of restricting players like that you can set guidelines or prequisites for certain things like... If you become a necromancer you cannot use elements like earth or wind unless you have some knowledge of blah blah. Otherwise, classes should be more like kindgoms in the animal kingdom like... I'm part of the healer class but... I'm skilled with fire and fighting with swords. I also summon things, etc ,etc. And elite classes? This is pure no because all it means you are just stronger than a certain class and I find this useless. I would think characters would just strengthen themselves by learning new things and possibly changing classes there really isn't a need for an 'elite'.
Just some ideas but I don't know about races. It may just be some stuff that is incomplete but 3 races that have decided to go dungeon crawling? Unless you mean Lizard men are enemies but it just seems strange at the moment. However, I'd like to wish you luck, what do I know anyways.
Keep going if you want. Feel free to create a story, and I'll base the mechanics around that.

Lizardmen are a playable race, btw. I want unique races, which is why they're chosen. Gnomes is a throw-in, and I don't want Dwarves/Elves, etc.

Cecil
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by Cecil » Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:55 pm

Actually, I have a rather epic original story of my own. But feel free to give suggestions.

Return to “Literary Arts”