Petition for Grittier (sp?) D3 Graphics.

Discuss anything and everything else you want to here.
StyrofoamBoots
CAPS LOCK INCARNATE

Petition for Grittier (sp?) D3 Graphics.

Post by StyrofoamBoots » Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:16 am

http://www.petitiononline.com/d3art/petition.html

Please take the time to look and possibly sign, also remember all fan submitted works at the bottom are WIP and are only meant to convey the feeling not the finished result.
Carpe Omnious.

Bregan
CAPS LOCK INCARNATE

Re: Petition for Grittier (sp?) D3 Graphics.

Post by Bregan » Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:31 pm

signed.
Even if the morrow is barren of promises, nothing shall forstall my return

2-P
Revenent of the Replies

Post by 2-P » Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:19 pm

Oh my God, Blizzard actually used colors to bring the environment to life. No way, I want my dull textures back!!!111!
- Outside scenarios with vivid colors, beautiful forests with colorful vegetation, shinny and beautiful waterfalls where even rainbows take place.
How horrible.
The whole world should be tinted in grey of course. Like in those fan-made pictures, which look awfully boring.

Seriously...
Humans don't have the patience to wait even ten minutes for something!

shalnath
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by shalnath » Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:37 pm

I'm with 2-P here, it really isn't a big deal. I'm a hardcore Diablo fan and it doesn't bother me at all.

I didn't even bother to look at most of the petition. It was difficult to read, there were numerous grammar mistakes, and the presentation was poor. I don't care what D3 looks like, I'm still going to play it.

And whoever wrote that is a moron. I really love the Q/A section. They aren't even questions. Do they really expect to be taken seriously?
"Within every world, there are cultures, within every culture, there are groups, within every group, there are leaders. These leaders are not truly chosen, they are destined, it is their fate to lead, and it is this fate that drives them. Souls yearn to be driven, they in themselves can not direct, however, these leaders are predetermined, by whatever means, to guide the wills and mend the errors of these wandering souls. A forest, cold, cured, flawless, meticulous, and fearful, what drives it, what keeps the balance? The inner beings of all the co-existant creatures swarm together, and every one is guided by another, in more a cycle, then a hierarchy. The eyes of a forest are always watching and guiding, yet the sun never sets on the forest, and it never shall." ~ The Chaos Theory

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:35 pm

Yeah, not signing it. I respect the right of Blizzard to evolve as a gaming company. Take a look at the barbarian and witch doctor classes, they move, they have life, but they still look the hardcore badass of Diablo. They don't have glowy green eyes and don't have oversized hands and shit, they look like I envision the Diablo world being; alive and real.

Let Blizzard be Blizzard, I'm more worried that they're going to butcher too many classes like they did the Necromancer than I am about the art style.
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Bregan
CAPS LOCK INCARNATE

Post by Bregan » Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:11 pm

i prefer the over emphasized gloom and doom of the old ones.
Even if the morrow is barren of promises, nothing shall forstall my return

Hydrolisk
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Hydrolisk » Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:26 am

If Blizzard was Blizzard, then Blizzard is nothing. Not to insult anybody or anything, but the world is like (in economy) "If people don't like your product, then investors don't like it either. Then, you've got no money and soon nothing else."

It's fun and all to see this kind of representation, but I think Diablo 3 should be like, the greatest thing of the Diablo series until the next one. Despite not playing the other Diablo games, you would no doubt find me playing it often enough if I had the games. I thought that the Gothic and medieval, photo-realistic (or so) art style really fit the backstory of Diablo.

StyrofoamBoots
CAPS LOCK INCARNATE

Post by StyrofoamBoots » Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:12 pm

(Dusk is stalking the threads im going to...im scared guys..)
Carpe Omnious.

Hell_Tempest
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Hell_Tempest » Sat Jul 05, 2008 1:17 pm

Seeing as how I was just a kid when I played D2, and it was one of the first games I EVER played, it has a lot of meaning to me. The art style is no exception. I do think that both art style's are fine, but I would prefer the gloom and doom of D2 and D1 as Bregan so aptly said for the aforementioned reasons.

Psiclone
Wielder of the Ctrl-Alt-Delete
Location: As you can see from my avatar, I'm currently on the run from a--OH MY GOD!

Post by Psiclone » Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:08 pm

Bottom line: I really don't care about the new, more colorful graphics. I practically crapped my pants when I learned it was even coming out in my lifetime. I need nothing more then that.

Except for the return of the badass paladin.
Intellectuals are like the Mafia; they only kill their own.
-Woody Allen -
ImageImageImageImageImage

Blue.Frog
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by Blue.Frog » Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:06 pm

How about you let Blizzard make their game how they want to make it, and then let someone make a mod for it when it comes out?

Loki
Gypsy
Location: In a sea of paper cranes and a sky of paper planes.

Post by Loki » Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:25 pm

Then the hacks roll in then Blizzard ignores D3 just like D2.
Let's do what comes naturally
ImageImageImageImage
I'll be waiting in Haven.

Return to “Off Topic Forum”