Like Jell-o or Starbursts? don't read this then.

Discuss anything and everything else you want to here.
wallow00
CAPS LOCK INCARNATE

Re: Like Jell-o or Starbursts? don't read this then.

Post by wallow00 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:24 pm

toothpaste is made of dead crustaceans...point is, people arent going to stop using toothpaste
(well ... most people arent)
-It's not about what i want, it's about what's fair. You thought we could be decent men in an indecent time. Well, the world is cruel, and the only morality in a cruel world is fate. Unbiased, unprejudiced ... fair.

andriejj
Keeper of the Keys

Post by andriejj » Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:24 am

It's good that ecological food starts pushing through. At least here.

It's twinking sick, what they do with food. You've got chemicals in SALT. In twinking SALT! Anti-lumpers (hope that's the proper word), so that it's more loose, powdery. Like you couldn't crush it yourself.

The Colonel
Letter Linguist

Post by The Colonel » Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:08 am

I like my salt with iodine, but anti-lumpers? I don't like it when they at superfluous chemicals to foods, especially when they're testing records are meek.

Hell_Tempest
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Hell_Tempest » Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:47 pm

Anti Lumpers? Wtf? That's pretty funny. Thankfully, my mom buys a lot of shit organic so I don't have to deal with this kind of stuff. And organic usually does taste better.

andriejj
Keeper of the Keys

Post by andriejj » Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:05 pm

Hell_Tempest wrote:Anti Lumpers? Wtf? That's pretty funny. Thankfully, my mom buys a lot of shit organic so I don't have to deal with this kind of stuff. And organic usually does taste better.
You don't want to see a list of things used for cold meats...

Loki
Gypsy
Location: In a sea of paper cranes and a sky of paper planes.

Post by Loki » Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:19 pm

It's food imo. har har. Can't remove the <3 for starburst.
Let's do what comes naturally
ImageImageImageImage
I'll be waiting in Haven.

Kaome Sky Deathand
Assessor of the Black Tontine

Post by Kaome Sky Deathand » Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:32 pm

Oh heck, I eat Bio-engineered apples all the time.
Why? 'Cause they taste so damn good...when the bombs come my skeleton will be sitting there with a shining apple of delight.
Next to that, eating Starburst just doesn't compare.

I'd be more worried about the condition of Hot Dogs from the Carolina line down.
Cruor Vult

Hope, it is the quintessential human delusion,
simultaneously the source of our greatest strength, and our greatest weakness.

Soon we shall be One...joined in the Word.

Hell_Tempest
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Hell_Tempest » Sat Dec 13, 2008 3:40 pm

I honestly don't really mind the healthiness of the foods I eat..unless they affect me a lot. But I am not going to complain when being fed healthy food that actually tastes good.

The Colonel
Letter Linguist

Post by The Colonel » Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:52 pm

As long as they test the foods sufficiently I don't give a damn what they've done to it, contrary to popular belief, irradiated fruit is great in taste and health, that stuff can last for months in open air, it's great. Ever seen 28 days later? All the food that was still good had the crap irradiated out of it. Britain's all set for the zombies, why aren't we?

Logue
Diabolical Doomsayer

Post by Logue » Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:39 pm

As long as I'm not going to be dying from eating it, what's the big deal?

People in like, Africa or where-ever eat spiders and shit, so what's a little animal. As long as it tastes good, I don't really care.

Hell_Tempest
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Hell_Tempest » Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:39 pm

The Colonel wrote:As long as they test the foods sufficiently I don't give a damn what they've done to it, contrary to popular belief, irradiated fruit is great in taste and health, that stuff can last for months in open air, it's great. Ever seen 28 days later? All the food that was still good had the crap irradiated out of it. Britain's all set for the zombies, why aren't we?
That movie was epic, lol. Was the second one any good?

And yeah, I agree with you.

The Colonel
Letter Linguist

Post by The Colonel » Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:00 am

Second one was mostly gore and not much else, it lost a lot of its dark feel and just turned into just another zombie movie, I hear the third one is to be a lot better though, as they brought back the older director and writer from the first.

andriejj
Keeper of the Keys

Post by andriejj » Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:06 am

Lol, nice change of subject.

Btw, we're not talking about bioengineering here. There's not much bad about bioengineering by itself. Mostly aimed for having bigger and and more 'efficient' food, though it also has some consequences. On the example of apples - the engineered species are more vulnerable, hence, more chemicals are used to protect them (pesticides and shit). You can wash them but still, some small percentage will stay inside ;P

What we're talking about, or at least I am, are the senseless chemicals added to pretty much everything. The flavour amplifiers, which are proved to be harmful. They use them, because it's cheaper than picking natural ingredients and spices. I'd rather have the food producer to add some pepper, cardamom or some different shit, than 'amplify' it with sodium glutamate >_>

Now about cold meats, hammon, processed pork or whatever you call them. They're the worst. Let's skip what the pigs and cows are fed with, it varies. After the animal is cut into pieces, and you've got the piece you want to make your cold meat from, it starts. How are they prepared? They are injected (literally) with and/or bathed in a solution of different chemicals. To list the main ones - some preservatives, chemicals that keep the water in, mainly benzoic acid, I think. Why? More water ===> more weight ===> more money. You also have chemicals that make the cross-section of a hammon to shine and other visual and flavour 'upgraders'.

A whole other category is the practise of malls and meat producers. The so-called 'meat refreshing'. Old meat, which would normally go bad, is again bathed and/or sprayed with preservatives, given a new label and goes back to the shop.

I can accept preservatives, even though you can preserve stuff naturally, because they serve some purpose. So the food doesn't go bad too early. But adding some toxic shit so that the gammon shines like a rainbow? Please...

Return to “Off Topic Forum”