You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?

Discuss anything and everything else you want to here.
Pigger
Revenent of the Replies

You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?

Post by Pigger » Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:09 pm

Snow at the end up April:
Sorry for the screen....

TheIrishPatriot
Grandmaster of Grammar

Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?

Post by TheIrishPatriot » Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:10 pm

Global Warming. Duh.
Read my prose please :).
An tírghrá Éireannach

Logue
Diabolical Doomsayer

Post by Logue » Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:50 pm

TheIrishPatriot wrote:Global Warming. Duh.
Wasn't that suppose to make the Earth WARMER, not COLDER??

And I know what you mean.... we got snow two days ago where I am, but it's almost all melted by now.

The Colonel
Letter Linguist

Post by The Colonel » Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:04 pm

Actually, global warming is quite complicated. In short, the average earth temperature rises, but individual placese actually get more of an extreme thing, if it's cold its REALLY Cold, if it's hot it's REALLY hot. The reason is because hotter over all temperatures causes the wind paths(I forget the name, the jet stream is the biggest of them, but there are a bunch of others) to straighten out, as opposed to the twisting wind paths we have now. Normally because of the twisting wind paths the air gets spread all about, creating relative balance. However, with the winds moving them through areas of the same latitude they slowly either cool from lack of new hot air, or heat up from lack of new cold air.

That's probably worded poorly, but these sun burns are making me light headed and I can't think straight. >_<

Thanatos
Revenent of the Replies

Post by Thanatos » Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:54 pm

We had snow/rain/hail/thunder storms all in one day last week here in Vancouver, good thing it was a Friday.
yuuki o misetsuketemo tsuyogattemo hitoei de wa iki.

polishgangsta
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by polishgangsta » Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:11 am

it is delicious snow, you must play in it.
ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage

Steve
Revenent of the Replies
Location: Dropping lasers or meteors on some unfortunate bystander... what?

Post by Steve » Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:21 pm

Pigger told me on Warcraft 3 he and his friends made a male sexual organ out of the snow, but was really out of proportion (I'd rather not say it so bluntly XD) and was like 6 feet tall. So... yeah... lots of snow...
The enemy are in disarray, ride them down as they run
Send them to their violent graves, don't spare anyone
Dead and wounded lie all around, see the pain in their eyes
Over the field an eerie sound, as we hear the raven's cry

Pigger
Revenent of the Replies

Post by Pigger » Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:17 pm

Steve wrote:Pigger told me on Warcraft 3 he and his friends made a male sexual organ out of the snow, but was really out of proportion (I'd rather not say it so bluntly XD) and was like 6 feet tall. So... yeah... lots of snow...
Unfortunately some jackass just kicked it over...

Greenspawn
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Greenspawn » Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:47 pm

The Colonel wrote:Actually, global warming is quite complicated. In short, the average earth temperature rises, but individual placese actually get more of an extreme thing, if it's cold its REALLY Cold, if it's hot it's REALLY hot. The reason is because hotter over all temperatures causes the wind paths(I forget the name, the jet stream is the biggest of them, but there are a bunch of others) to straighten out, as opposed to the twisting wind paths we have now. Normally because of the twisting wind paths the air gets spread all about, creating relative balance. However, with the winds moving them through areas of the same latitude they slowly either cool from lack of new hot air, or heat up from lack of new cold air.

That's probably worded poorly, but these sun burns are making me light headed and I can't think straight. >_<
It's worded fine,but it's partly wrong. Here's how global warming works:

The average temperature of the Earth rises due to an increase in the thickness of the atmosphere, but the changes are more extreme in places that are cold because the Earth's wind and ocean currents are designed to redirect heat from the equator to the poles. The average temperature of the Earth now is about 59 degrees Fahrenheit. However, the temperature at the equator is pretty constant, but the poles can fluctuate in temperature more. So an increase of 1 degree at the equator translates to an increase of about 10-14 degrees at the poles. That's why we haven't noticed much of an impact, because the heat is being carried to the north and south poles, which is why they're melting so fast. The arctic ice caps act like mirrors that reflect the sun's rays, but once they're gone, the temperature at the poles will be much higher, which is when we'll feel the effects.
Math is # |e^iπ|
"I can't imagine getting hit by a giant rock and not being maimed or crippled or ruined" -Dusk

Logue: Please replace the toilet paper when you use it all. For some reason my 5 year old son believes if it's not there he does not have to wipe.

TheIrishPatriot
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by TheIrishPatriot » Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:12 am

All I did was make a joke...make a Global Warming Topic in Serious Discussions, if you want to talk about it in it's own thread.
Read my prose please :).
An tírghrá Éireannach

Greenspawn
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Greenspawn » Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:54 am

Oh...

haha?

What really grinds my gears: Subtle jokes
Math is # |e^iπ|
"I can't imagine getting hit by a giant rock and not being maimed or crippled or ruined" -Dusk

Logue: Please replace the toilet paper when you use it all. For some reason my 5 year old son believes if it's not there he does not have to wipe.

CrimsonSouldier
Noobite Warrior

Post by CrimsonSouldier » Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:07 am

What really grinds my gears. Bringing in a load of ivory and opium and then gettin pwnd by a trader with a gun. what a ****ing stupid thing... good thing its gone in 6.3!!! *failboat*

Hell_Tempest
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Hell_Tempest » Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:16 pm

You know what really grinds my gears...having to carry a computer monitor off of a truck that weighs like fifty berjillion tons..UP STAIRS!!!

Purple Drake
Noobite Warrior

Post by Purple Drake » Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:05 am

You know what really grinds my gears?
Bill o' Reilly, Transvestigative Reporter.
Last edited by Purple Drake on Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I no longer use this profile to post anymore, so any PMs or replies to topics I've posted in directed at me, I may not read.

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Oxygen » Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:37 pm

People talking about global warming grinds my gears.

Return to “Off Topic Forum”