What you do...on this day...

Discuss anything and everything else you want to here.
Kaome Sky Deathand
Assessor of the Black Tontine

What you do...on this day...

Post by Kaome Sky Deathand » Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:05 am

A moment of respect for the fallen.
Reflection, then a sense of pride.
Still we stand.
Cruor Vult

Hope, it is the quintessential human delusion,
simultaneously the source of our greatest strength, and our greatest weakness.

Soon we shall be One...joined in the Word.

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Re: What you do...on this day...

Post by Oxygen » Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:13 am

who died

Jericho Veronus
Blasphemer

Post by Jericho Veronus » Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:57 am

Oxygen wrote:who died
You're shittin' me, right?!?
May God have mercy on your soul, for you shall find none here!

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Oxygen » Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:46 pm

Jericho Veronus wrote:
Oxygen wrote:who died
You're shittin' me, right?!?
Yeah, I was. If I didn't hear about it, it probably wasn't important.

So, who died?

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:07 pm

You must be living under a rock. This day, 8 years ago, the twin towers were felled by acts of terrorism against the United States of America. I will tolerate absolutely no disrespect towards the day or the memory of those who died on it. Period.
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Deschain
Diabolical Doomsayer

Post by Deschain » Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:14 pm

*Silence*
Those who seek war deserve for the war to find them.

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Oxygen » Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:29 pm

92,489 – 100,971 violent civilian deaths as a result of the conflict.

source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casualties_of_the_Iraq_War
I absolutely love how iraqui citizens are suffering as a response to this attack. We can all agree that sept. 11 was quite a day, but the amount of innocent casualties in iraq is just flabergasting and overshadowing. Can you guys think about the attack's kills for me? I'll do what not many other have done and actually dedicate my moment of silence to the iraqui victims of the us retaliation. Thanks.

edit: oh, and by the way, I'm totally not biaised. One of the family's friend actually died in the attack, I'll keep that one for me too.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:35 pm

I like how despite the fact that apparently a family friend died from the attack, you entirely disrespect everyone who died in the towers because George Bush was a f*cking moron and took advantage of a terrorist attack to plug us into a war that killed civilians.

I think I can speak for everyone here when I say the following: "F*ck you."
Locked because I don't bloody care what you have to say in response.

Everyone here feels sorry for the people in Iraq, but on this day, this day of all days, we pay respects primarily to the group that was killed by a terrorist attack. Just like I feel bad for the tens of thousands of Japanese that died at our hands after the Pearl Harbor bombing, I still pay respects to the Americans that died on that day of every year. Learn some bloody respect.

Furthermore, a good friend of mine had something else to say on the matter:
Jericho Veronus wrote:Hell I love the fact that you're accusing the response of the US as the cause for those accounted deaths. Especially since you use 1 single source as your evidence. A source that doesn't even need to be checked and that ANYONE can post on, not to mention the "primary sources" it uses don't all clarify what they deaths were directly, physically caused by, and in cases that they do,never say who fired the shot, made the IED or dropped the bomb.

Not to mention you fail to recognize how many Iraqi deaths had been a result of actions by those organizations the US is over there fighting, and oh yes there were plenty. And the fact that the Iraqi government SANCTIONS every organized attack and assault that has taken place on their soil since the war has started. Never taking into account how many of those civilian casualties would have died because of these organizations anyways or how many civilian lives were saved BECAUSE the U.S. responded.

And all that's just the tip of the iceberg that not only are you shaming the memory of U.S. citizens that died in 9/11 for dedicating your moment of silence to the Iraqi's on this day rather than them,but also the memories of the police and firefighters who died that day trying to save lives,as well as the memories of any U.S. or any ally soldier who's died in the war since
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Return to “Off Topic Forum”