Le morte de nous

Discuss anything and everything else you want to here.
Hydrolisk
Keeper of the Keys

Le morte de nous

Post by Hydrolisk » Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:04 am

We came back hoping for some benevolence. Or, so we delude ourselves into thinking. I'm only trying to scrape up some of my sanity while I still have some left to scrape up. Thus, I have come back to visit for the moment. How has everything gone? Well, I would hope.

Kyrrr, drill out eyes, follow Chaos...

Hey guys, look, it's the people of VZ. Hehehehehehehehehehehehe... Shit. How far can I trust you people? As far as I can throw you, perhaps.

Man, I've had the most twinking depressing summer yet. Stupid twinking family, dumb arses, each with their own psychological defficiencies if one were to ask me. Oh, and I ended the school year with a bang. Really, depressing grades, and mistakes that were caused actually through paranoia. Shitty exams. Hate...

Whatever. So, how is VZ?

TheIrishPatriot
Grandmaster of Grammar

Re: Le morte de nous

Post by TheIrishPatriot » Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:42 pm

Y'okay Hydro?
Read my prose please :).
An tírghrá Éireannach

vesuvan
Revenent of the Replies

Post by vesuvan » Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:51 pm

I'm fine, thanks for asking. I hope you realize the small scale of your problems and that your family and friends forgive your insolence. It's likely that they know you well enough to not hold brief episodes of histrionic behavior against you given that you are young and seem to desperately have something to prove.

When you enter real life, you will realize how pointless it is to be self-important and judgmental. This is why you do not see the professionals that you deal with every day doing anything that lead to questions of their competence and stability as human beings.

Listen to yourself, your head is filled of self-serving neurotic constructs. It's times like these that it is very good to have family or friends that can help you see things through. You live with your parents, right? Do this right now.

1. Bring up your topic in firefox
2. call your parent figure to your room
3. Show them the topic and explain that you wrote that
4. Redeem yourself through humility

Why would you not do this? Are you embarrassed? Could the cause of your embarrassment be that you actually know on some level how silly this whole thing is? I think this is why you are villainizing your contacts, so you can protect this construct of yours because you know that they will make your complex evaporate into thin air.

Or you could run off and say "You just don't understand me, just like everybody else!" and cry because you know it makes you feel good. You really like how free you feel don't you? You can abandon responsibility, ignite your passion, attract sympathy, and create a mechanism that you will use to break through just and necessary inhibitions! What a bargain deal!

Your parents, given that they take care of you, will be more than willing to overlook a little piece of angst. They have probably gone through more embarrassing displays of shallowness themselves. It might make you feel better to hear how others have recovered from depressions anyway.
͎̟͕͎̯̺͎̟͕͎̯̺ĩ̵̢͉̺̹͖͔̻̣̟̙ͦ̋̍ͤ̈́ͫ̓͐͐̅͊͒ͪͬͧͅn̢̮͈̪̤̳̏ͥ̐̍̌͊͜͟͠
̵̢͉̺̹͖͔̻̣̟̙ͦ̋̍ͤ̈́ͫ̓͐͐̅͊͒ͪͬͧͅn̢̮͈̪̤̳̏ͥ̐̍̌͊͜͟͠

Loki
Gypsy
Location: In a sea of paper cranes and a sky of paper planes.

Post by Loki » Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:06 am

Small question.
Ves, have you shown your parental figure about your cynical posts?
Let's do what comes naturally
ImageImageImageImage
I'll be waiting in Haven.

Medivh.
Champion Noobite

Post by Medivh. » Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:52 am

Well, Ves is right. I wish he didn't put cynical stuff in his posts, because it leads people to focus on that instead, making him look like an arrogant cynic (like he did with me). He might have his reasons but anyway...

Histrionic, I've been for awhile. It's fun to try and drag attention towards ourselves, make us feel better at the same time. It doesn't force you to take responsibility because then, you can manipulate people into thinking you are depressive and let them do things instead. Don't get me wrong, you might be depressed, but I can't tell for sure. You might also be young.

It needs to be understood that when we cross puberty, hormonal changes affect our mood and our spirit. We become fragile on certain aspects, and it's easier to get hurt over things. You might be doing this histrionic strategy to get a free pass, but you'll notice sooner or later that it won't bring you anywhere worthy. People will end up noticing that you are manipulating others so that you can express your woes and get a free pass across life and they'll simply get rid of you. If they don't, you'll live a very unsatisfying life, that I can guarantee.

I'm pretty sure you have tons of sanity left. I'm pretty sure your parents also have most of their heads still on their shoulders. My father was abusive and my mother is a paranoid, but my father was raised in an abusive environment and my mother was lead into a marriage where her husband (my father) made her believe everyone is against us, or that they will have a negative impact or opinion on her and everything around her. It's not about them being insane, it's about them being human, since they are, even if they are parents and their children would love their parents to be perfect.

IMO, being histrionic (like I am, still most of the time, although I've realized and I need to change it for the betterment of myself) comes from a lack of self-esteem and underestimating your capacities. I don't know if you have any problems, but I have 4 that led me through using underdog tactics to try and get things easier : social phobia, panic attacks, anxiety disorder and chronic depression. It sounds easy to twist people around so I don't have to face these emotions and the situations that could scare the crap out of me or make me feel awful, but if I don't, I'll be stuck in the basement of my mother's house for a very long time, and living with a paranoid obsessed woman isn't my definition of ideal life. So little by little, I rebuild my life, stone by stone, learning new things and forging a new person.

If I don't, "je ne donne pas cher de ma peau" as we say in french, I won't be worth a lot in the end. My siggy says it, if you need some help, you can always message me.
Revenge of the thorny bum!

Hydrolisk
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Hydrolisk » Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:36 am

I smiled and grinned for a while. It was funny. You have my utmost respect, vesuvan. We're not sure like that way. Same with Medivh. (Checkmate -- well played.)

This is what happens when one cannot fall asleep. I should stop bothering VZ, now, heheheh. Hunger abounds. It's getting late now, again. Man, I can hardly remember what was going through my head when I posted this. FORWARDS.
(Besides, we already know we're like that (by "that", I mean histrionic, angsty, self-important, judgemental, etc.). That is why we're trying to make ourselves gooder this summer, and for the rest of our miserably short life.)

But really, I was messed up when I posted this. If I weren't, this topic wouldn't even exist!

EDIT:
I'll take this opportunity to advertise my thread.

EDIT2:
I swear, some of you guys have the wisdom of the ancients

EDIT3:
There are a few holes/weaknesses here and there in your move, ves, but still, it was quite a solid maneuver. Man, you're like my medication -- one post of ves and I sober up a little, heheh. Well, not entirely. Self-importance may have come out of being alone and self-helping all of the time. Still, I probably have an inferiority complex too on a different side. It's a conflict between those two forces... I can get examples of each. Really though, well-played. I can probably learn a lot from you, ves.
As for Medivh: sobering, too. Ves' cynical nature is super effective! though.

So, how is VZ as a whole? I couldn't care much less of myself, but the insight was still welcome.

Return to “Off Topic Forum”