Best Version of Aim

Discuss anything and everything else you want to here.
Cecil
Holder of the Alt-F4

Best Version of Aim

Post by Cecil » Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:19 pm

Best Version of Aim that doesn't have viruses and spyware/etc.? There's this site called oldapps or something that has a lot of versions but I hear a lot of stuff about many versions, so thinkin u guys could inform me.

In my eyes, all it's got is chat with no AoL.com load-up on your default browser when you sign in and it gives no pop-ups, starts/closes instantly causes no lag, just chat.

I liked aim 2.0 cause it was like 2 megs and started/closed instantly, didn't lag etc. But it caused that site pop-up so wtf...

Help pls. <3
-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

SetaSoujirou
Letter Linguist

Re: Best Version of Aim

Post by SetaSoujirou » Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:44 pm

You know when it says full installation, click CUSTOM installation, and DESELECT the options of opening your aim shit on your browser when you log in and stuff. Done. Aim 7 lags, 6 is great.
A wild §eta has appeared!
*Twinkle* Lv. 1337
No I'm not a troll.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:44 pm

I use AIM 6, yeah.
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

shalnath
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by shalnath » Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:56 pm

I just use Trillian. The only problems I have with it is when AIM decides to reject file transfers for no apparent reason.
"Within every world, there are cultures, within every culture, there are groups, within every group, there are leaders. These leaders are not truly chosen, they are destined, it is their fate to lead, and it is this fate that drives them. Souls yearn to be driven, they in themselves can not direct, however, these leaders are predetermined, by whatever means, to guide the wills and mend the errors of these wandering souls. A forest, cold, cured, flawless, meticulous, and fearful, what drives it, what keeps the balance? The inner beings of all the co-existant creatures swarm together, and every one is guided by another, in more a cycle, then a hierarchy. The eyes of a forest are always watching and guiding, yet the sun never sets on the forest, and it never shall." ~ The Chaos Theory

Cecil
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by Cecil » Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:22 am

Yeah, I been using 6 my whole time.

But man, 1.0/2.0, they run faster than any XP program, and they do the job of chatting just fine; 'cept the only legit drawback is each IM is in it's own window (less u can change that/mod it).
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Oxygen » Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:17 pm

6, but aim sucks ass when it comes to webcams and voice chat. It's a nono for my and a certain person.

SetaSoujirou
Letter Linguist

Post by SetaSoujirou » Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:36 pm

Aim sucks for that indeed. I have skype for that. It doesn't lag at all either.
A wild §eta has appeared!
*Twinkle* Lv. 1337
No I'm not a troll.

Return to “Off Topic Forum”