Lucid dreaming

Discuss anything and everything else you want to here.
Medivh.
Champion Noobite

Lucid dreaming

Post by Medivh. » Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:38 pm

I don't know if anyone here ever had this happen to them, it happened 4 or 5 times to me so far, including one time that was kinky lol, so it's really rare but possible.

Basically, I'm asleep and I'm going to start dreaming. Usually when I dream I just live through it as some sort of spectator and things happen, sometimes it can be totally random, even if it means something because dreams are a way your subconscious sends you messages of your inner desires and conflict, or it can end up really bad like that one time when I was a kid and I played too much Starcraft. Me, the poor marine, was totally obliterated and torn to pieces by a Hydralisk or an Ultralisk. My dream ended when my severed head landed on the bunker floor.
But at times, I don't really know why, but I suddenly step into a lucid state where I actually realize that I am dreaming. Sometimes when that happens, my dream ends instantly, but some other time I remain in dreamstate so I can start doing really awesome things. Most of my dreams where I could control what was happening I decided to fly, although I had a hard time taking altitude or speed lol, but I felt everything that I could have felt if I was flying in real life. Needless to say it was awesome. Other things I did was kill monsters, teleport and so on. It doesn't really last long, but it's more than enough considering it's a really rare event and I didn't figure out how to replicate it for sure yet (or my mind isn't disciplined enough to allow me to).

Did anyone experience something similar? It kinda gave me this wicked idea of using the brain's dreaming capacities to create virtual reality and games around it. Imagine playing one of Dusk's maps and being Astelan Falling from Grace or using Transversal (it would probably make some people motion sick :lol: )
Revenge of the thorny bum!

Loki
Gypsy
Location: In a sea of paper cranes and a sky of paper planes.

Re: Lucid dreaming

Post by Loki » Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:20 pm

Actually, this has happened to me several times and still continue today.

And I know that Dusk had pretty awesome dreams about AotZ, he told us several cool stories.
Let's do what comes naturally
ImageImageImageImage
I'll be waiting in Haven.

Cooldood
Revenent of the Replies

Post by Cooldood » Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:17 pm

This has happened to me like... thrice? But I dont have TOO much control over what happens. I do remember using it to break down a door and fly over the jungle behind said door. Also once my mom was kicking my ass for being on the computer when I was supposed to be studying, but when I realized it was a dream I just walked away and got back on the computer.
Sadly I woke up by the time it started up I think o_O
Let the music flow through your soul

Walk the road, see the sights, cos boy, you aint coming back!

Kurogamon
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Kurogamon » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:47 pm

I once had a dream in WC3 graphics complete with camera style...
Can you hear them?

Return to “Off Topic Forum”