Detour

Discuss anything and everything else you want to here.
SetaSoujirou
Letter Linguist

Re: Detour

Post by SetaSoujirou » Sun May 24, 2009 12:26 am

My brother has 3 kingdom cards, so sun quan may be needed to block, and mistforms can turn into slivers and stuff. I use a sliver overlord, and I have like 3 birds of paradise in addition to about 3 cities of brass, so it's not hard to obtain the mana for every color.
I just pretty much threw sun quan in there for fun. I have a FEW OLD OLD school slivers, like, +1/+1, and first strike, awesome.
A wild §eta has appeared!
*Twinkle* Lv. 1337
No I'm not a troll.

Kurogamon
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Kurogamon » Mon May 25, 2009 11:09 pm

Fanatics...

I used to do casual MTG, with, like, non-custom decks years ago... Don't feel like using money on cards. Saving for some leet computer upgrades for my desktop, and maybe some online courses.
Can you hear them?

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Oxygen » Mon May 25, 2009 11:13 pm

Why, such nerds!

I use my tornne to counter your arro, and that's that.

Kurogamon
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Kurogamon » Mon May 25, 2009 11:58 pm

/agree
Can you hear them?

SetaSoujirou
Letter Linguist

Post by SetaSoujirou » Tue May 26, 2009 11:14 pm

How to not nerd when on a forum on a little corner of the interweb?
A wild §eta has appeared!
*Twinkle* Lv. 1337
No I'm not a troll.

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Oxygen » Wed May 27, 2009 2:17 am

SetaSoujirou wrote:How to not nerd when on a forum on a little corner of the interweb?
I'm drinking beer atm, and listenning to some of the most horrid music, to you average people, at least, ever known to man. That alone should be eno-- omg pokémons!

Kurogamon
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Kurogamon » Wed May 27, 2009 7:05 pm

This "Little Corner" comes up first in google searches of my name. This name is popular with a rather large fanbase of yaoi-writing fangirls. We beat DeviantArt and FanFiction and whatever other sick places they dwell.

Scratch that, TPB comes first followed by the Akrasiac Crawl server, then VZ. Both of those are still me though.
Can you hear them?

vesuvan
Revenent of the Replies

Post by vesuvan » Thu May 28, 2009 7:15 am

rising water

4 scrivener
4 cloud of faeries
4 high tide
4 capsize
4 frantic search
4 snap
2 opportunity
4 brainstorm
4 ponder
4 serum visions
2 spell snare
2 force spike

18 island

turn 1: island, brainstorm
turn 2: island, high tide, faeries (untap two lands). Tap an island for two mana, high tide, high tide. Tap the other island to play snap targeting faeries. Tap out for eight mana. Play scrivener, returning snap to your hand.

snap + scrivener + 3 high tides = infinite mana
Infinite mana + capsize + scrivener = infinite instants
Cast opportunity thirty times targeting each of your opponents.
Each opponent attempts to draw from an empty library and loses.

This deck is practically impossible to win with in my group just because of how much combo disruption there is.

Slippy

4 woodfall primus
4 bogardan hellkite
4 kukusho, the evening star

4 volcanic fallout
4 lightning bolt
4 red elemental blast

4 cauldron dance
4 sneak attack
4 seething song
2 manamorphose

11 mountain
5 forest
3 swamp
3 city of brass

This deck is incredibly fun to play. Using sneak attack to put in play two woodfall primus, destroy two permanents, deal 12 damage, then destroy another two permanents and then get two 5/5 creatures for 2 mana is an absurd deal. You can also sneak attack with one kukusho, attack, then sneak attack the other in to deal (players*10)+5 damage and gain players*10 life for only two mana. With seething song(red's answer to dark ritual), this deck wipes clean an eight-player melee on turn three.

Rocks fall

4 murderous redcap
3 eternal witness
2 puppeteer clique
4 quillspike
4 devoted druid

4 pernicious deed
2 malevolent awakening
1 demonic tutor
1 lilianna vess
2 garruk wildspeaker
4 scarscale ritual
2 rite of consumption
1 krosan grip
1 guttural response

4 twilight mire
11 forest
9 swamp
1 bayou

What this deck lacks in the ability to deal stupidly large amounts of damage in what some magic groups call the "early" phase of a game, this deck makes up for in sheer resilience. The creatures are nigh-unkillable, and pernicious deed is just cruel no matter how you look at it. The capability to destroy all nonland nonplaneswalker permanents at instant speed whenever I feel like it, any number of times allows this deck to coil like a python around games, squeezing away every breath it's victim takes, and then humiliating the remains.
͎̟͕͎̯̺͎̟͕͎̯̺ĩ̵̢͉̺̹͖͔̻̣̟̙ͦ̋̍ͤ̈́ͫ̓͐͐̅͊͒ͪͬͧͅn̢̮͈̪̤̳̏ͥ̐̍̌͊͜͟͠
̵̢͉̺̹͖͔̻̣̟̙ͦ̋̍ͤ̈́ͫ̓͐͐̅͊͒ͪͬͧͅn̢̮͈̪̤̳̏ͥ̐̍̌͊͜͟͠

Kurogamon
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Kurogamon » Thu May 28, 2009 3:36 pm

I want to be able to abuse like that.

Compliments.
Can you hear them?

Logue
Diabolical Doomsayer

Post by Logue » Fri May 29, 2009 3:46 am

Hmm, lets see. Mine aren't as great as yours, I'll say that right now. But here's my 4 best decks:

My "Green" Deck (1st Fav)
Bloom Tender 4
Elvish Harbringer 4
Devoted Druid 4
Merfold Looter 4

Mind Spring 4
Mind Shatter 4
Souls Fire 4
Crimson Wisps 4
Veinfire Borderpost 4
Mistvein Borderpost 4
Fieldmist Borderpost 4
Umbral Mantle 4

Forest 12

Turn 1: Forest, Veinfire Borderpost
Turn 2: Replay the Forest, Bloom Tender
Turn 3: Fieldmist Borderpost, replay the Forest, Tap Bloomtender for 5, play Umbral Mantle and equip to Tender. Tap Veinfire and Forest, untap Tender. Tap tender for 5, untap for 3, etc. etc. Attack with Infinite/Infinite on turn 3. If they have some pesky guy out, Soul's Fire.
Hell, if things are turning bad, get infinite mana with Tender, and use Mind Spring to draw your entire deck. Possibility of having 4 infinite/infinites (with haste, thanks to Crimson Wisps)

***** It's way later than I thought it was, I'll post up my other two decks either tomorrow or on the weekend, sorry. *****

PS. Is there an easier way to type up your decks? I'm going through each deck and manually typing in each card, it takes forever lol

EDIT: twink it, here's another.

My "Land" Deck (3rd Fav)

Sakura-Tribe Elder 4
Krosan Tusker 4
Triskelion 1

Reap and Sow 4
Sylvan Scrying 4
Moment's Peace 3
Wurmcalling 2
Spellburst 2
Sensei's Divining Top 4
Oblivion Stone 3
Mindslaver 3

Cloudpost 4
Vesuva 4
Forest 13
Island 3
Dark Depths 1
Academy Ruins 1

Not hard, just keep getting out as many Cloudpost and Vesuva's you can (Vesuva's copy the Cloudpost). When you get all 8, tapping all 8 give you 64 mana, easily thrown at Wurmcalling, probably keeping some around for Spellburst. If things get to rough, either Oblivion Stone EVERYTHING (All we need is our land :D :D) or Mindslaver your opponents turn. You can Mindslaver a single opponent indefinitely with Academy Ruins. Moment's Peace for the "setup" phase of this deck, nothing real strong right out of the gate. Same goes for the Trisk, just some basic defense till the Wurms start to flow.

So there you go. Two more to go, one "My Artifact Deck" (2nd fav), and two "My Donate Deck" (4th fav).

My "Land" and "Donate" decks don't fare well in multi-player. 1-vs-1's they're pretty amazing. My "Green" deck fares WAY better in 1-vs-1's, but does work in multi-player, just relies a lot more on Mind Spring (to draw your entire deck, and get your 4 Soul's Fire [which I suppose doesn't make it work so well in anything higher than 5 person games]).
My "Artifact" deck works much better in Muti-player than in singles, but isn't too shabby their either (just redid it, it's much faster now).
So, yeah. Just wait a bit for the last two decks :D :D

Hey, now that I think about it, my "Green" deck can work in higher than 5 person games, it just not as guaranteed, as you'd then have to be attacking the remaining (those who you didn't kill with your Soul's Fire) people with your [up to] 4 ∞/∞'s (with haste thanks to Crimson Wisps). The ONLY thing about this deck, is if you don't kill EVERYONE, you die, from mana burn. Lol :P :P

But anyway, I'm going to bed. I'm starting to rant, hahaha :lol: :lol:

Kurogamon
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Kurogamon » Fri May 29, 2009 10:16 pm

Noo, you're going to make me interested in MTG again...
Can you hear them?

Logue
Diabolical Doomsayer

Post by Logue » Sat May 30, 2009 4:35 am

EDIT: Stupid alcohol.

Kurogamon
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Kurogamon » Sat May 30, 2009 10:44 am

That last post seemed sober, if overly cheerful.
Can you hear them?

Logue
Diabolical Doomsayer

Post by Logue » Sun May 31, 2009 11:46 am

My "Donate" Deck

Necropotence 4
Illusions of Grandeur 4
Donate 4
Force of Will 4
Hookwink 2
Brainstorm 2
Demonic Consultation 4
Duress 4
Dark Ritual 4
Vampiric Tutor 3
Mana Vault 4

Swamp 6
Island 3
Underground River 4
Watery Grave 4
Gemstone Mine 4

Not hard. There's really only a few cards in this deck which you actually PLAY, everything else is searching for those specific cards. All you do is throw out Illusions of Grandeur, and Donate it to another player. You gain the 20 life, they lose the 20 life. You should be able to get out an Illusions fairly quick and Donate, all you need is two blue and 5 colorless. Most of the land in the deck can produce either black or blue, or gets out fast colorless (Mana Vault). The real biscuit of this deck is the Necropotence; you can get it out first turn (with a swamp and a dark ritual) and draw cards QUICK as a mofo by paying some life, getting you to set up your combo wicked fast. Ex;
Turn 1; Watery Grave/Underground River, Dark Ritual, Necropotence. Pay X life, draw X cards at end of turn (I say X, depending on what you already have in your opening hand).
Turn 2; Watery Grave (pay two life if you want it in untapped), tap swamp, play Mana Vault. (If WG is untapped, Demonic Consultation/Vampiric Tutor for a Illusions or Donate if you don't already have, otherwise just Duress)
Turn 3; Island, tap island for another Mana Vault. Tap everything else; play Illusions of Grandeur, Donate to target opponent.
Turn 4; Hoodwink. GG.

There are MANY way to go about having this deck go off, there are LOTS of cards to search for what you need (Vampiric Tutor/Demonic Consultation/Brainstorm/Necropotence), and there's LOTS of ways to play the Illusions/Donate combo (Underground River/Watery Grave/Gemstone Mine/Mana Vault). Force of Will is in there to easily counter their counterspell, Duress for the same purpose.

This deck is almost strictly a 1-vs-1 deck. It does NOT fair well in multiplayer, as having this deck go off multiple times is very hard. The MAX it can go off is 4 (Only a total of 4 Donates, and no way to get them back), but from my experience only the one time is usually needed. Twice is easily attainable though, with all the search cards. (As long as you don't unluckily screw yourself over with a Demonic Consultation, lol).

Well, off to work for me. Artifact deck soon :D :D

Cecil
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by Cecil » Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:05 pm

SetaSoujirou wrote:One thing about tiers. I chose meta knight upon badassery long before the brawl came out, not my fault if it turns out to be the best.
Same.
-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Return to “Off Topic Forum”