Detour

Discuss anything and everything else you want to here.
Cecil
Holder of the Alt-F4

Detour

Post by Cecil » Thu May 14, 2009 8:42 am

Hey, people. Stopping through to see what's up. How are things lately? Much new people lately? Any date set for the new AotZ, or DoE? Is OD finished/when will it be? Anyone left the community since I was last around?

Lately for me...

Spending most of my time at my sort-of local LAN center playing Street Fighter 4, trying to be pro at that. Almost ready for the next tourny hopefuly (I play PS3 and XBox 360 one). It's hard to compete without having a stick (arcade sticks go for $400 easy). So using a controller you have two less fingers to make use of...yeah (among other problems, with controller lag on 360).
Oh, and I main Abel. <3 Vega but he's too horrible. Don't play Ryu/Sagat since they're godtier & no fun.

My web surfing time is on the SRK boards, but I'm thinking I'll do some RP'ing here or something.

Almost got my lisencse...crap for money. Can't get a job, but got a haircut so I can now. (looks waay more tame)

Might get into MTG when I get a job. (if anyone wants to talk about MTG start a thread I could use help).

I also play Demigod, it's not much like DotA, but it's f'in imba as HELL, it feels like ToB sort of...lol.
-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Re: Detour

Post by Oxygen » Thu May 14, 2009 1:37 pm

k.

Cooldood
Revenent of the Replies

Post by Cooldood » Thu May 14, 2009 2:25 pm

Hello, welcome back... Nothing BIG is out that I know of, had an OD update released though. My comp is minus a cd rom drive just after I had it formatted so no bnet for me :(
Let the music flow through your soul

Walk the road, see the sights, cos boy, you aint coming back!

Logue
Diabolical Doomsayer

Post by Logue » Sun May 17, 2009 2:47 am

Cecil wrote:Might get into MTG when I get a job. (if anyone wants to talk about MTG start a thread I could use help).
I wouldn't mind talkin about MTG, I play quite a bit. Wouldn't mind talking some deck strats or something.

Cecil
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by Cecil » Mon May 18, 2009 7:22 am

Yeah, Logue, was thinking of making a deck that used Darksteel Collosus/Platinum Angel.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

SetaSoujirou
Letter Linguist

Post by SetaSoujirou » Mon May 18, 2009 10:22 am

Sliver deck + Sun quan.
Godly slivers that have horsemanship gg.
A wild §eta has appeared!
*Twinkle* Lv. 1337
No I'm not a troll.

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Oxygen » Mon May 18, 2009 11:46 am

VZhitogoroshi
Keeper of the Keys

Post by VZhitogoroshi » Mon May 18, 2009 10:28 pm

Cecil wrote: Don't play Ryu/Sagat since they're godtier & no fun.
You should always play the character you can succeed the best with. Other players at tournaments certainly aren't going to hold back on you!

SetaSoujirou
Letter Linguist

Post by SetaSoujirou » Tue May 19, 2009 10:49 am

One thing about tiers. I chose meta knight upon badassery long before the brawl came out, not my fault if it turns out to be the best.
*Twinkle* Lv. 1337
No I'm not a troll.

Logue
Diabolical Doomsayer

Post by Logue » Wed May 20, 2009 2:13 am

SetaSoujirou wrote:Sliver deck + Sun quan.
Godly slivers that have horsemanship gg.
wtf, why Sun Quan? Keep it all slivers and go with Shifting Sliver.
Not to mention that SS is cheaper, and gets all the bonuses from BEING a sliver, while the only benefit of SQ is that's he's got +2/+2 over the SS, but hell, you're SS should be boosted through the mfing roof by all your other slivers.
Lastly, SQ is harder to obtain than SS, SQ is a rare from a really old set, while SS is an uncommon from a fairly newish set.

PS. I have a sliver deck. I'm keeping it old school though, twink these new slivers. :P :P
Cecil wrote:Yeah, Logue, was thinking of making a deck that used Darksteel Collosus/Platinum Angel.
What? Those are horrible cards to base a deck around imo. Sure Platinum Angel is cool and all, but not cool enough to base a deck around. The best you could go for with those two cards is calling it an Artifact deck, whoopie.
Also, its Darksteel Colossus. (Single "L", double first "S")
Lastly, if you ARE going to be making a deck with DC, I'd say you should have a Mycosynth Golem in your deck. (Probably 4.)

I have an artifact deck (well, half deconstructed right now, it's getting a revamp), and I used to have a PA in it, but took it out. Imo, it didn't really fit with the style, and I needed some room for other cards that worked better.

EDIT: PSS. I play a lot of Magic, can you tell? Lol :P :P

andriejj
Keeper of the Keys

Post by andriejj » Wed May 20, 2009 2:54 am

twink the modern MtG expansions. Mercadians were the last decent ones :<

vesuvan
Revenent of the Replies

Post by vesuvan » Wed May 20, 2009 7:33 am

EDIT: PSS. I play a lot of Magic, can you tell? Lol :P :P
Darksteel colossus is one of the best artifact creatures ever printed, and the deck based on it was the only thing that stood a chance against what was the most broken deck in standard since the Urza block in 1998. Shifting sliver and mycosynth Golem are bad cards.

It would be very entertaining to see logue's opinion on these cards.

͎̟͕͎̯̺͎̟͕͎̯̺ĩ̵̢͉̺̹͖͔̻̣̟̙ͦ̋̍ͤ̈́ͫ̓͐͐̅͊͒ͪͬͧͅn̢̮͈̪̤̳̏ͥ̐̍̌͊͜͟͠
̵̢͉̺̹͖͔̻̣̟̙ͦ̋̍ͤ̈́ͫ̓͐͐̅͊͒ͪͬͧͅn̢̮͈̪̤̳̏ͥ̐̍̌͊͜͟͠

Kurogamon
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Kurogamon » Thu May 21, 2009 11:57 pm

Those are just retarded. MTG isn't even worth it anymore...
Can you hear them?

SetaSoujirou
Letter Linguist

Post by SetaSoujirou » Fri May 22, 2009 10:45 am

My sliver deck consists of both Sun Quan and Shifting, so yeah. Every sliver from that one pack pretty much. Favorites have to be the card-drawing upon damage, ward sliver, and magma sliver.
*Twinkle* Lv. 1337
No I'm not a troll.

Logue
Diabolical Doomsayer

Post by Logue » Sat May 23, 2009 10:50 pm

SetaSoujirou wrote:magma sliver.
<3 Magma Sliver.
With Brood Sliver? Even more <3.

When I play it's usually with a group of friends, so it's 3, 4, 5+ person games. I "farm" the sliver tokens from Brood Sliver using weak 1/1 slivers, and then throw out a magma sliver. I've done 1200+ dmg to one person in a game before. With an additional Essence Sliver.... Good luck killing me after that. :P :P

Ward Slivers. Always a good addition to any sliver deck :D :D I'm disappointed that my buddy (who also has a sliver deck) doesn't have'em. But he's kinda the exact opposite as me, he's only keeping his sliver deck new school, no older ones, while I'm keeping mine ALL old school, none of the newer ones. Lol

Synapse Sliver (your card drawing one). It'd be cool, the only thing is my sliver deck is White/Black/Red/Green. I don't have any blue :( :( I used to have all 5 colors, but found it was getting hard to get all the correct mana, not to mention the size was climbing. I decided to take out blue, as the only thing that was really beneficial from blue slivers I had in my deck at the time as Shifting Sliver. So out went the blue.

My buddy also built a sliver deck, his is all 5 colors. But he uses Gemhide Sliver for that (I think he only has 3 or 4 actual different types of land), and Homing Sliver for when he doesn't get any Gemhide's. Only reason I don't use either, is back to my previous statement, and that I don't like these new slivers. I'm still keeping it old school :D :D

vesuvan wrote:Darksteel colossus is one of the best artifact creatures ever printed, and the deck based on it was the only thing that stood a chance against what was the most broken deck in standard since the Urza block in 1998. Shifting sliver and mycosynth Golem are bad cards.
See, maybe that's why our opinions vary so much. I'm just a casual player. I don't play in any tournaments, go to any prereleases, anything hardcore mtg like that. I just play to kick my friends asses in a card game. :P :P

But anyway;
vesuvan wrote:It would be very entertaining to see logue's opinion on these cards.
Pernicious Deed; To me, it'd only work really well in a beast deck, as your beasts usually cost a ton to play, and this would eliminate all your "weaker" competition. Personally, if it was me I'd rather go with something like, Mass Calcify if you're using a white deck, or if what you're going for was a clean sweep of the board, then just Akroma's Vengeance. If you're playing AGAINST a white deck, (and yours is red) your best bet is Anarchy.
I just don't quite fancy the card. I don't like losing any of my own stuff.

Umezawa's Jitte; Nothing overly special, so whenever a creature deals dmg, put counters on it, and you can remove counters to either boost said creature, throw some -1/-1's around, or gain some life. I just don't see anything uber special about it.

Reveillark; I'm not a huge fan of the whole Evoke thing, again back to me not liking to lose my own stuff. But I suppose it does give you two creatures thrown right into play. There is some potential there for a cool combo, say throw out a Nantuko Shade, or a cheap dude that produces mana (ex. Druid of the Anima) if you're low on mana. If you're playing a lot of creatures from your graveyard though, I'd rather throw out Reya, or a Debtors' Knell.

EDIT:
SetaSoujirou wrote:My sliver deck consists of both Sun Quan and Shifting, so yeah.
Isn't that kinda redundant? Giving your slivers BOTH Horsemanship AND the ability to only be blocked by other slivers?

Return to “Off Topic Forum”