A Tribute to our Benefactor

Compete for and use your Blankie Points here! Invoke the blessings or curses of Blankie upon your friends!
The Colonel
Letter Linguist

A Tribute to our Benefactor

Post by The Colonel » Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:56 am

*cough cough*

Sorry for stirring up the dust of these sacred grounds, but I got to thinking, it would be rather pleasant if we had a thread containing a tribute to our mighty cookie-eating lord. However, this would not be the normal simple tribute of food, but instead the story of Blankie, the Lord of the Undercouch, from his ghostly manifestation, too his departure in the aid his owner, so that new comers who have not experience the enlightened age he brought will at least have some sense of appreciation for our ghostly god. I myself would create this grand tribute, but it is not mine to create being present only during his final days with us, and would be unable to write the complete memoir of his presence. So in my stead I ask you, the elders of Valor & Zeal, to take up this task.

*Bows and leaves*

Cold Phoenix
Keeper of the Keys

Re: A Tribute to our Benefactor

Post by Cold Phoenix » Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:28 pm

*Rises and walks up to the podium*

We are here gathered today to learn what was, and still is, Blankie. He sheltered and protected us, only asking for a few treats every now and then, and we happily obliged. We've had good times and bad times here, but Blankie has managed to pull us through. Even when Lexi arrived and threatened to overthrow Blankie by channeling the power of every poster Blankie defeated her, excising her back to the void she came from.

As if this was not enough to achieve such a place in our hearts, he also created a currency deemed 'BP'. By earning BP at Blankie Games or Contests for example we could save them later to invoke his ferrety powers, on friend or foe. This BP created a lively atmosphere where people could cast curses upon an annoying poster or perhaps save up enough to grant themselves a specialized title permanently.

Like most ferrets, Blankie loves his owner. However it is clear that it is something stronger than love, perhaps a true bond, that possessed Blankie to leave his place of power and tribute here to help his owner in his endeavors. His owner has finally gotten a break, and is developing games. Blankie has since chosen to take his leave, assisting his owner whenever possible.

We can only hope to keep dusting off the memory of Blankie until he returns as we know he will. Whether it be tomorrow or five years, we'll keep this ready for him.

To Blankie.

*Bows and takes a seat once again*
Your move.

TheIrishPatriot
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by TheIrishPatriot » Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:00 pm

To Blankie!
Read my prose please :).
An tírghrá Éireannach

The Colonel
Letter Linguist

Post by The Colonel » Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:23 pm

I was hoping for something covering more than just the end, but I must take what is given too me.

Loki
Gypsy
Location: In a sea of paper cranes and a sky of paper planes.

Post by Loki » Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:01 am

Lol.
So many myths on how Blankie came to us.
Dusk has the whole true story :P I just know bits and chunks of it.
Let's do what comes naturally
ImageImageImageImage
I'll be waiting in Haven.

Return to “Blankie's Lair”