Signature and Avatar Requests

Here is where anyone who likes to make banners and the such would post. This includes banners for the site, a signature, or avatars for profiles. If you'd like a cool avatar or signature, feel free to ask for one here!
shalnath
Holder of the Alt-F4

Signature and Avatar Requests

Post by shalnath » Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:36 pm

If you would like an awesome signature but do not have access to programs like Photoshop, Bryce, 3DSM, or just do not possess the talent, please feel free to ask for one in this thread.

Below are some signature makers that would be glad to help you out, although we must only have one project at a time and we must ask that you do not request your signature to multiple people. We also ask the you do not continually ask when the sig will be completed, have patience, you will get it.

(If you are not listed below and would like to be, please make a post or PM me with your details and I will be glad to add you.)

-----------------------------

Storm - Portfolio

Pros:
• I'm extremely familiar with Photoshop and I know many of the hidden features.
• I can make a lot of unique effects.
• I have several years of experience.
• I can usually start on a sig as soon as it's requested--as long as there isn't a line--and finish it quickly.

Cons:
• I'm VERY picky so it may take a little longer to complete the sig (could be a Pro).
• I tend to make my sigs look the same.
• I cannot work with low quality or extremely small pictures.
• I don't do animation very well.

Conditions:
• You must have a respectable amount of posts before requesting a signature.
• If you want a specific image used in your signature, please don't give me one with poor quality.
• Make sure you think about what you really want before requesting the sig. I definitely enjoy making them, but please don't waste my time.

-----------------------------

Hitogoroshi

Pros:
• I know of a good deal many good quotes and song lyrics that actually have meanings.
• I deal with the minimalist, shadow types, which are often very popular.
• I use two freeware apps to do my work, GIMP and Inkscape, which have some neat synergy.

Cons:
• I haven't made too many sigs before, it's mostly other stuff I edit and I'm breaking new ground.
• I can't/won't do the bright, outward style with noise renders - basically, the style Storm does many of his in. (So we're good complements, just make sure you know who to ask for.)
• I try to get the desired effect with minimal effects. Again, this isn't so much a con as a different style. Same point as the last one- KNOW WHO TO ASK FOR. xD

Conditions:
• No people I don't know/like. Well, I don't need to like you...I just need to not dislike you.
• I reserve the right not to do a sig because I think your idea is cheesy and/or dumb.
• If you don't want a quote of any sort beyond what you said, let me know, cause if I see one that works I'll put it in unless I'm explicitly told not to.
"Within every world, there are cultures, within every culture, there are groups, within every group, there are leaders. These leaders are not truly chosen, they are destined, it is their fate to lead, and it is this fate that drives them. Souls yearn to be driven, they in themselves can not direct, however, these leaders are predetermined, by whatever means, to guide the wills and mend the errors of these wandering souls. A forest, cold, cured, flawless, meticulous, and fearful, what drives it, what keeps the balance? The inner beings of all the co-existant creatures swarm together, and every one is guided by another, in more a cycle, then a hierarchy. The eyes of a forest are always watching and guiding, yet the sun never sets on the forest, and it never shall." ~ The Chaos Theory

shalnath
Holder of the Alt-F4

Re: Signature and Avatar Requests

Post by shalnath » Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:37 pm

Weeee.
"Within every world, there are cultures, within every culture, there are groups, within every group, there are leaders. These leaders are not truly chosen, they are destined, it is their fate to lead, and it is this fate that drives them. Souls yearn to be driven, they in themselves can not direct, however, these leaders are predetermined, by whatever means, to guide the wills and mend the errors of these wandering souls. A forest, cold, cured, flawless, meticulous, and fearful, what drives it, what keeps the balance? The inner beings of all the co-existant creatures swarm together, and every one is guided by another, in more a cycle, then a hierarchy. The eyes of a forest are always watching and guiding, yet the sun never sets on the forest, and it never shall." ~ The Chaos Theory

Thanatos
Revenent of the Replies

Post by Thanatos » Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:39 pm

So uhh.. Storm. Wanna make that avatar, you cropped for me smaller? xD
yuuki o misetsuketemo tsuyogattemo hitoei de wa iki.

shalnath
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by shalnath » Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:50 pm

Er, how much smaller?

Crevax
Server Owner/Manager

Post by Crevax » Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:53 pm

He fails at resizing it to fit the 100x100 30kb avatar size limit.
SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0
0 rows returned

Thanatos
Revenent of the Replies

Post by Thanatos » Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:56 pm

100x100 30kb something like that lol.

shalnath
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by shalnath » Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:58 pm

Ah, sure. I'll just have to lower the quality a bit. You shouldn't be able to notice a difference though.

EDIT: This should do it.

EDIT 2: I don't know if you're still around, Shadow, but I just found your finished sig that I forgot to post for you.

Last edited by shalnath on Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thanatos
Revenent of the Replies

Post by Thanatos » Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:14 am

Thanks Storm!

Kings_Mercy
Revenent of the Replies

Post by Kings_Mercy » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:48 am

If you get a chance i would like a signiture with this picture.
Along with this "Mercy and truth preserve the king, and his throne is upholden by mercy"
And possibly my name somewhere. Preferably a darker background to go with the guy.

If you get the sudden urge could i have you resize that pic for my avatar as well since i fail at it as much as noble.

Cold Phoenix
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Cold Phoenix » Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:20 pm

*Ponders why he is not on the sig contact list...*
Your move.

shalnath
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by shalnath » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:58 pm

Sure thing King, I'll see what I can do.

Kings_Mercy
Revenent of the Replies

Post by Kings_Mercy » Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:45 pm

Sweet thanks. Take your time im in no hurry.

VZManticoran
Wielder of the Ctrl-Alt-Delete

Post by VZManticoran » Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:29 pm

Can I have the sig/avatar you made for me, but never gave to me?
Image Image Image Image Image
--------Eli-------------Ben------------Alex----------Isabelle---------David----

Hell_Tempest
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Hell_Tempest » Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:19 am

Could you resize this for my avatar?

And this for my sig?

Thanks.

EDIT: I changed what I wanted for my avatar a couple times, hope it wasn't an inconvenience.

pandamanana
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by pandamanana » Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:51 pm

Could someone make me a neet little signature using this picture with a technological theme/background to it? Maybe even make it so it isn't really square, but could be some other shape like parallelogram.

Return to “Banners and Signatures”