Any other starters?

The MMORPG revolutionary by ANet combining classic instances with massive online gaming to create one of the most original and phenomenal games ever.
Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Any other starters?

Post by Oxygen » Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:17 am

I just started playing again, I managed to instal the game on my computer (quite a feat!);; if you're looking for a nuking Necro/mesmer, pst me on Exa Kratores (level 4!)

Kaome Sky Deathand
Assessor of the Black Tontine

Re: Any other starters?

Post by Kaome Sky Deathand » Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:26 am

I have a perma Pre character (Brother Pride)
Always willing to help with Charr hunts and the like.
Cruor Vult

Hope, it is the quintessential human delusion,
simultaneously the source of our greatest strength, and our greatest weakness.

Soon we shall be One...joined in the Word.

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Oxygen » Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:45 pm

Yes, yes, we should definitely -- I'll look into it once I get home

Crevax
Server Owner/Manager

Post by Crevax » Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:46 pm

I have two characters in pre-searing, and one's a joke character, but I could jump on either for a while. Billy Effin Idol and Adalrico Tempastas.
SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0
0 rows returned

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:20 pm

You poor soul, you picked a Necro primary in the era of NOGN. (Necromancers Only Get Nerfed)
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Oxygen » Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:25 pm

Rising_Dusk wrote:You poor soul, you picked a Necro primary in the era of NOGN. (Necromancers Only Get Nerfed)
I believe in arenanet about 500 times more than blizzard when it comes to balance, I'm sure it was justified. I'm looking to play an unusual specc, either curses or blood nuking (no mm or ss redundant shit) and so, I wonder if those nerfs will apply to me in the first place.

Besides, I played a mage.. I know alot about having the shitty end of the stick. :/

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:53 pm

I used to believe in ANet before they eliminated any viable form of PvE necromancers except minion masters and SS curses. I mean, they killed masochism, which was like the most clutch skill they've ever added to the class. Now it, wait for it, makes minion masters better!!!! Yeah, great, just what we needed, more MM shit.

I'm just praying we get a buff in PvE in the September update. I would play it again if they did that.

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Oxygen » Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:25 pm

What do you think of the skill death pact? I just got it, and I use it whenever it's off cooldown, armor piercing and no mana cost is just <3ly

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:16 pm

It's just another "Yay I deal 40 damage to target" spell. Really, what I love(d) about Necromancers was their ability to play a utility build that explodes under certain situations. Flat nuker Necs are lame, in my opinion; Elementalists do it so much better it's stupid. If you're PvP, they rape life-steal-spike so hard that even that isn't really worth it. Just stick to air magick, time your Thunderclaps with Lightning Hammers, and profit.

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Oxygen » Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:42 pm

Rising_Dusk wrote:It's just another "Yay I deal 40 damage to target" spell. Really, what I love(d) about Necromancers was their ability to play a utility build that explodes under certain situations. Flat nuker Necs are lame, in my opinion; Elementalists do it so much better it's stupid. If you're PvP, they rape life-steal-spike so hard that even that isn't really worth it. Just stick to air magick, time your Thunderclaps with Lightning Hammers, and profit.
Well, I did have a 20 elementalist, at at this point of the game, (level 8) I feel that my necromancer can put out much more flat damage than my ele could, but then again, I'll have to test more.

The ability to bypass armor and leech life every other attack just feels so amazing. Rotating between death pact, vampiric gaze and shadow strike (dp/gaze/dp/shadow strike/dp/blood transfer/dp/repeat) does very satisfying damage and almost no pressure on my monk (what I lose is healed up);; but we will see. This is prophecy, keep in mind, so necros "may" be better, iunno really.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:03 pm

Oxygen wrote:Well, I did have a 20 elementalist, at at this point of the game, (level 8) I feel that my necromancer can put out much more flat damage than my ele could, but then again, I'll have to test more.
Yeah, early game PvE I'll agree, the nec will have higher damage output. It has better skills available to it earlier than the elementalist sees. However, when you get to where it really counts (endgame), in both PvE and PvP the elementalist is superior. The elementalist's elite skill selection has seen nothing but buffs lately, and things like SF, SH, and IL just crush in the damage output. If you scan the necromancer elite list, you'll be sorely disappointed by anything other than MM stuff or SS. WK used to be amazing, but they hardcore nerfed it. About the only reasonable damage output elite is in the DM line called Discord, and that's about as conditional as it gets. (The PvE skill Necrosis rapes it so hard, use a different elite)

You'll see what I mean.

Oh, and Necs owned in the original prophecies before they destroyed AotL and some other used-to-be-great elites.

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Oxygen » Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:44 pm

Spoil Victor sounds pretty interesting, especially for a 55 health build crap thing

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Oxygen » Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:54 pm

Hrm. Been trying to acquire the Barbs curse for a while, but it seems that no quest would give it. Do I have to get it off a skill trainer (at the cost of skill points, which Im trying to keep) or find it through a signet of capture, which also costs skill points? I mean, am I FORCED to use those precious points to get that skill? If so, I would, but I'd like to avoid otherwise if possible. So?

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:11 pm

There's nothing really worth saving those points for unless you're filthy rich and can blow them later in the game on high-end consumables. Trust me, you're not going to run out of skill points anytime soon, just buy the silly curse. You can get it without skill points if you own the Nightfall expansion, though, since you can use hero skill points instead (which are skill points for your heroes).

Also, spoil victor on a 55 nec works, but the problem rears its ugly head in 75% of instances because stuff carries enchantment removals en masse. However, let's face it, the 55 builds are boring as hell.

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Oxygen » Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:46 am

I've been thinking about using a curse/domination build, seeing how pve enemies have this tendency to kill themselves mindlessly.

Awaken Blood
Soul Barbs
Arcane Echo
Spiteful Spirit
Insidious Parasite
Empathy
Backfire
Ressurection Signet

How's that sound?

Return to “Guild Wars 2”