Guild Wars Problems

The MMORPG revolutionary by ANet combining classic instances with massive online gaming to create one of the most original and phenomenal games ever.
Bane
Holder of the Alt-F4

Guild Wars Problems

Post by Bane » Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:19 am

I know, it seems to me like my computer is always having some problem with Guild Wars, and this is my newest one. I just started the game up today after a long period of no play (360 had me hooked), and it appeared that many textures weren't loading (pictures are below). Instead I was just presented with boring white surfaces. Would this be problem with my graphics card?

Kaineng Center

Random Arenas

Kings_Mercy
Revenent of the Replies

Re: Guild Wars Problems

Post by Kings_Mercy » Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:32 pm

Dunno just think of it as a solid sheet of ice or snow or whatever.

shalnath
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by shalnath » Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:43 pm

Make sure you have the latest drivers for your video card. If you do, try reinstalling them. If that doesn't work, I'd recommend reinstalling GW.
"Within every world, there are cultures, within every culture, there are groups, within every group, there are leaders. These leaders are not truly chosen, they are destined, it is their fate to lead, and it is this fate that drives them. Souls yearn to be driven, they in themselves can not direct, however, these leaders are predetermined, by whatever means, to guide the wills and mend the errors of these wandering souls. A forest, cold, cured, flawless, meticulous, and fearful, what drives it, what keeps the balance? The inner beings of all the co-existant creatures swarm together, and every one is guided by another, in more a cycle, then a hierarchy. The eyes of a forest are always watching and guiding, yet the sun never sets on the forest, and it never shall." ~ The Chaos Theory

Bane
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by Bane » Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:36 pm

I've already tried reinstalling Guild Wars, but I haven't tried the drivers. I'll do that next time I get a chance.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:13 pm

This is a graphics card issue. Consider lowering the graphics in GWs and seeing if it can manage the lower resolutions.
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

VZShadowRain
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by VZShadowRain » Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:11 pm

What card are you using?
-ShadowRain Image

Internet is the cocaine of the mind. -My Friend

Return to “Guild Wars 2”