Temptation

Discuss Blizzard's popular MMO here. Released late 2004, World of Warcraft has amassed over 9 million player accounts!
Halnodor2
Holder of the Alt-F4

Temptation

Post by Halnodor2 » Wed May 07, 2008 11:13 pm

I have being offered a chance to get back into WoW.. the question is.. should I do it?

Logue
Diabolical Doomsayer

Re: Tempation

Post by Logue » Thu May 08, 2008 1:30 am

That choice you should make yourself. That way if you don't like the outcome, you have only yourself to blame.

ShoopLor
Champion Noobite

Post by ShoopLor » Thu May 08, 2008 2:17 am

I was thinking too, before I got in AGAIN :D , but when I saw that new mod that tracks every quest, and you don't waste time searching I instantly got back.
Wisdom is the key, if reality is ready.

Cold Phoenix
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Cold Phoenix » Thu May 08, 2008 3:33 pm

N
o
Your move.

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Oxygen » Thu May 08, 2008 6:11 pm

The real question is as following : Are you ready to sacrifice your studies, friends, sexual endevadors a well as any form of social life and human-human interraction in order to play a video game?

Hell_Tempest
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Hell_Tempest » Thu May 08, 2008 8:43 pm

Oxygen wrote:The real question is as following : Are you ready to sacrifice your studies, friends, sexual endevadors a well as any form of social life and human-human interraction in order to play a video game?
That pretty much sums it up.

The Colonel
Letter Linguist

Post by The Colonel » Thu May 08, 2008 10:23 pm

Back, what 1.5 years ago? when I played I didn't suffer in grades or social life, just don't become obsessed.

Quest tracking? What?

Logue
Diabolical Doomsayer

Post by Logue » Thu May 08, 2008 10:52 pm

The Colonel wrote:Back, what 1.5 years ago? when I played I didn't suffer in grades or social life, just don't become obsessed.
Yeah, as hard as it might be for all you to believe, I don't play WoW all that much. I play my 360 a lot more than WoW. Just take it in moderation.
The Colonel wrote:Quest tracking? What?
Yeah, there's a add-on that will show you who you have to talk to (or where the monster are that you have to kill), and in an order that would make it the fastest possible way. I myself don't use it, but then again I don't quest.

Rising Inferno
Champion Noobite

Post by Rising Inferno » Fri May 09, 2008 6:06 am

I think it can also be based on your personality. When I played I was completely obsessed but still pulled a 3.6+ GPA and had a great social life.

Halnodor2
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by Halnodor2 » Sat May 10, 2008 10:15 am

Well, I decided for it but only for like 2 months cause I'm going to be gone in the summer to Russia again and in September WAR comes out and I'll be playing that.

Phox
Letter Linguist

Post by Phox » Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:31 pm

Meh, I was addicted a year or so ago, and canceled my account. Started it back up again a month or so ago. Thus far, my social life has not suffered; I'd still rather hang out with people then play WoW. It just fills in those little gaps in between.

EDIT: Shit, I didn't realize this topic was a month old.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:01 am

Phox wrote:Meh, I was addicted a year or so ago, and canceled my account. Started it back up again a month or so ago. Thus far, my social life has not suffered; I'd still rather hang out with people then play WoW. It just fills in those little gaps in between.
If that's the way you feel about it, it sounds like you would like GWs more than WoW. The truth is that WoW doesn't ever give you a sense of accomplishment when you do things, whereas I can pick up GWs once every 6 months and feel accomplished after 30 minutes of random stuff. I've yet to find another game that does that for me.
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Blitzkrieger
Champion Noobite

Post by Blitzkrieger » Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:51 pm

It actually gives you a little TASTE of accomplishment, only for you to then realized that once you've moved one rung up the ladder that there are 1000 more little rungs to progress through....

Rinse, Lather, Repeat.

I do love some aspects of the game but they've slacked off ever since they became the big dogs, and they just repaint all they're old content and keep adding new tiers of armor for the hell of it.
If you ever get into high end raiding however, the team work and dungeon strategies are really fun, I still remember when we downed the last boss in ZA for the first time.

PERSONALLY im waiting for Warhammer & SC2 :D!
"Rage, rage against the dying of the light."- Dylan Thomas

TheLegendReborn
CAPS LOCK INCARNATE

Post by TheLegendReborn » Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:06 pm

Fact is going back to WoW is your choice and no one else's however I would say that going back now is a little silly considering the expansion comes out soon enough that putting in any time now unless it's to getting another level 70 is a waste of time since the cap goes up to 80. Blizzard has unofficially admitted that Burning Crusade turned into a giant grind fest that they can't help now but we will see if they fix that in the WotLK (Poor Arthas :( ).

Hell_Tempest
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Hell_Tempest » Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:33 pm

Arthas is ten-mannable after the WotLK expansion comes out QQ.

And, WoW is pretty much pointless unless you have friends to play with.

Return to “World of Warcraft”