WoW accomplishments? Lol?

Discuss Blizzard's popular MMO here. Released late 2004, World of Warcraft has amassed over 9 million player accounts!
Pigger
Revenent of the Replies

Re: WoW accomplishments? Lol?

Post by Pigger » Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:07 pm

The Colonel wrote:Dude, I was on Shattered Hand in the guild Asylum. It's a PvP server, one of the first, and one of the biggest, and I'd gank people 6 levels above me, but just because it's a PvP server doesn't mean people avoid dungeons like the plague.

If you need proof look up the character Lenthar, he was my main while I still played.
Amg, I was on Shattered Hand too! Thats so cool... I was in WarEnsemble when it was still around.

The Colonel
Letter Linguist

Post by The Colonel » Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:22 pm

Everyone was on Shattered Hand, they just don't know it.

Psiclone
Wielder of the Ctrl-Alt-Delete
Location: As you can see from my avatar, I'm currently on the run from a--OH MY GOD!

Post by Psiclone » Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:33 pm

My biggest achievement in WoW is that I have been playing on an RP server for 16 months and have survived countless ERPer attacks.
Intellectuals are like the Mafia; they only kill their own.
-Woody Allen -
ImageImageImageImageImage

Purple Drake
Noobite Warrior

Post by Purple Drake » Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:02 am

I got to level 12 with a gnome mage.
Eat Arcane missles, nubs!
[Everyone has been=owned][/everyone has been]
I no longer use this profile to post anymore, so any PMs or replies to topics I've posted in directed at me, I may not read.

Cooldood
Revenent of the Replies

Post by Cooldood » Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:19 am

Gnome mages ftw :D
Let the music flow through your soul

Walk the road, see the sights, cos boy, you aint coming back!

Logue
Diabolical Doomsayer

Post by Logue » Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:16 am

Have I reported that I hit 70?

It doesn't look like it. Hurmph. Well I did.

Oh and I have full S2 gear as well :D :D

erwtenpeller
Revenent of the Replies

Post by erwtenpeller » Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:17 am

Cold Phoenix wrote:People don't quit WoW, they just take breaks.
exactly.

I've got a level 70 shaman with some blue instance gear, and a level 57 warrior, yet i've been playing since the first betas. I take lots of breaks, wow is not a timesink for me, just another enjoyable game i like to login to every now and then.

I've been paying the monthly fee since the first week too, though. Totally worth it.

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Oxygen » Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:49 pm

I stopped wow. Studies are less boring end game. If anything though, it'll be Warhammer Online.

andriejj
Keeper of the Keys

Post by andriejj » Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:36 am

Warhammer Online seems pretty much the same, just different world and story. And it also features a lot of grinding, about which you complained somewhere, Oxy.

erwtenpeller
Revenent of the Replies

Post by erwtenpeller » Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:14 am

I know warhammer was there first so dont burn me on that one, but warhammer just looks like a lame version of warcraft to me.

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Oxygen » Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:28 pm

andriejj wrote:Warhammer Online seems pretty much the same, just different world and story. And it also features a lot of grinding, about which you complained somewhere, Oxy.
Actually, they keep repeating that it'll be totally playable by your average casual player.

The balance can't be as bad as WoW.

Two good reasons to give it a try. If I don't like it, who gives a twink?

erwtenpeller
Revenent of the Replies

Post by erwtenpeller » Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:43 pm

You know, grinding is not that bad. With some music on the background and shit, its not at all a bad timekiller.

andriejj
Keeper of the Keys

Post by andriejj » Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:00 pm

erwtenpeller wrote:You know, grinding is not that bad. With some music on the background and shit, its not at all a bad timekiller.
Blah, let's make a new thread, if we're to discuss RPG games. This is about WoW.

erwtenpeller
Revenent of the Replies

Post by erwtenpeller » Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:09 am

I'm talking about wow, and technically, wow is and RPG. Its not like you never grind in pokémon.

andriejj
Keeper of the Keys

Post by andriejj » Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:21 am

You do grind in Pokemon sometimes and more often in Final Fantasy (before introducing the gay dynamic fight system) and a probably in other turn-based RPGs. I just prefer games, where the enemy reacts like he was hit, and in WoW, GW and prolly in Warhammer Online (that's what I saw on a trailer), they don't. Maybe it's just me, but I prefer fighting masses of units in Diablo 2 or Fable over grinding a 10000000 hp motherfucker in some MMORPG. In those games, fighting feels like fighting. That's why I'm looking forward to Blizzard's Diablo 3, not their "next generation MMORPG", unless it really will be innovative.

And hey, Warhammer world is nice ;P Maybe you played that shitty game, Warhammer: Mark of Chaos, a Total War wannabee in fantasy. But did you play Warhammer: Dark Omen? It's an old game (1998), before Shogun TW, which, despite revolutionary, for its times, graphics, gameplay unseen before (except for it's small precedor, something with Skaven), passed by pretty much unnoticed. Playing now, you could easily notice some flaws to, like dragging out one regiment after another, if you can't win the normal way, but well, look at the relase date. That game was really kewl :)

Return to “World of Warcraft”