Glasse Ahrsonne

If you want to suggest a hero or a modification to a current hero, please make a new topic and post it here. Please follow the stickied setup for suggestions (Unless it's a modification).
TheDeathstalker
Keeper of the Keys

Glasse Ahrsonne

Post by TheDeathstalker » Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:03 pm

Glasse Ahrsonne
Int, Bane of Eternity

Story: Leaving this one up to Dusk...

Level 1 Skill:
Rift
  • Double Targeted Ward
    Creates two wards, one at each point, which are connected to eachother. If any allied unit gets within X radius of the first ward, they are teleported to the second, and vice versa (works like a warp gate thing). Cooldown and max range increases with level. Allied projectile spells can also travel through the Rift
Level 1 Skill:
Arclight
  • Activated Passive Channel
    Glasse's movespeed is reduced by X% and he fires a beam toward target point, dealing X damage per second to struck units. This beam curves as Glasse moves, firing not along a direct line to the target, but more an arc between it's previous path and the shortest path to the point. Ordering Glasse to attack, stop, or cast another spell cancels the channel, but otherwise he is free to move about.
Level 1 Skill:
Spatial Flaring
  • Targeted Summon
    Creates a sphere at target location, which can be controlled and moved slowly. In addition, any magick damage near the Spatial Flaring will pull it in that direction. Whenever it strikes an opponent, it deals damage proportional to it's current momentum.
Level 1 Skill:
Deference
  • AoE Persistant Channel
    For every second spent channeling in the area, the attack and movespeed of any unit within area is reduced by X%. If the area includes a Rift, units near the targeted side of the rift have their movespeed increased and their attack speed decreased, while units on the opposite side of the rift suffer the inverse effect.
Ultimate:
Grand Unification Theory
  • Passive Boost
    As Glasse increases in mana, the effects of his spells grow. X and Y are some constants times his current mana percentage.
    At 25% Mana, the range/AoE of his spells increases by X%, as well as the pull on Spatial Flaring from magick damage.
    At 50% Mana, the damage of his spells increases by X%, and Deference and Arclight heal allied units within their effects for Y health per second
    At 75% Mana, any spell passing through a Rift, is randomly split into 2-4 identical spells, with the same net momentum as the original spell.
    At 100% Mana, Glasse teleports to a target area, and X seconds later, that area is utterly destroyed.
    Glasse's Mana constantly depletes so long as he is in combat, the more mana he has, the faster it falls off.
Comments: Painfully incomplete, and short of a lot of work, but it was an idea I had, and I'm going with it, just to see what you guys think. And before you post it, let me beat you to it, I know Glasse's not supposed to be in Aot3, doesn't mean I can't post him for fun...
And though you come out of each gruelling bout,
All broken and beaten and scarred,
Just have one more try—it’s dead easy to die,
It’s the keeping-on-living that’s hard.

Intoxicated Crayon
Keeper of the Keys

Re: Glasse Ahrsonne

Post by Intoxicated Crayon » Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:55 am

Your Glasse is pretty cool! Except that it seems to lose the whole feel of Glasse from DoE. I understand that DoE/AotZ are 2 completely different things, one runs on condtions and the other on epic but this Glasse seems like another person... I don't understand why he has rift. What does it have to do with his lightbending skills? Is he sending them across a great distance by pushing them with light or sending them at light speed? But you're working on it and I like it so far!

If I remember correctly, every hero is in AotZ, they just didn't make the cut or WC couldn't deal them justice in an AoS map. I also think that's why Glasse is in Kaome's ZO. rawrawr
English should not be a prerequisite for intelligence,

Freezern
Champion Noobite

Post by Freezern » Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:28 am

Intoxicated Crayon wrote:Your Glasse is pretty cool! Except that it seems to lose the whole feel of Glasse from DoE. I understand that DoE/AotZ are 2 completely different things, one runs on condtions and the other on epic but this Glasse seems like another person... I don't understand why he has rift. What does it have to do with his lightbending skills? Is he sending them across a great distance by pushing them with light or sending them at light speed? But you're working on it and I like it so far!

If I remember correctly, every hero is in AotZ, they just didn't make the cut or WC couldn't deal them justice in an AoS map. I also think that's why Glasse is in Kaome's ZO. rawrawr
Arro Kree doesn't feel like a completely different person?
He changed from tossing flames to tossing creeps.

Intoxicated Crayon
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Intoxicated Crayon » Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:32 am

Arro Kree changes in the story. He realizes that he controls matter, not fire. I mean... Corpse in a Line could easily be a fireball and the falling corpse could be a lamer armageddon and his ultimate could be armageddon :p. His passive could be heat and repel could be another spell.

Jhita is a voidwalker of adaption or something like that so he's fiery in the desert and icy in the cold.

I was going to mention them because I knew someone was going to mention either of these heroes... ~ _ ~
English should not be a prerequisite for intelligence,

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:29 am

Glasse still controls light at the time of AotZ, he doesn't undergo some vast revelation like AK or a genial shift like Jhita.

Just gonna also throw this out there. One of the reasons I like Glasse fundamentally so much is that there's so much more than just damage that can be done by manipulating light. That's something I see as a flaw in this hero concept, you just... You don't manipulate light to do the crazy shit that you and I both know it can do. That's why Glasse is as he is in DoE, because I feel that invisibility, mana restoration, healing, and blinding are all things that light can do - that sort of functional diversity is huge in a hero and practically defines who and what Glasse is. All you've got here is damage and damage and bending damage and... An ult that boosts damage and deals damage. I mean, surely you see the problem.

This is one of the ever-present dangers of using an actual existing character for a hero, since you may completely miss one of the most important paradigms of the character in the translation. (Gao did this terribly with Zivyral)
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Return to “Hero Suggestions”