Min & Zin, Baneite Twins

If you want to suggest a hero or a modification to a current hero, please make a new topic and post it here. Please follow the stickied setup for suggestions (Unless it's a modification).
AnemicRoyalty
Wielder of the Ctrl-Alt-Delete

Min & Zin, Baneite Twins

Post by AnemicRoyalty » Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:02 am

Min and Zin
Baneite Twins
Agility; Bane.

Standing apart from the fray, Legion scratched his long-ago ravaged chin. Far below was the writhing mass of battle, an ocean of blades and blood and death. Flanking him stood a pair of Baneites, utterly identical from the cut of their ashen hair to the esoteric designs that adorned their armor. Two sets of dark eyes peered through pale faces of frozen beauty awaited his order. Legion flicked a scarred hand toward the brawling figures below and a clawed finger landed on a single soldier. "That one," the once-man intoned.
[KILL/THRILL] came the double reply as two gray blurs descended into the carnage...

Innate:
Double Trouble
  • Passive, Affects Both.
    Min and Zin share an empathic bond; when one takes damage, gains health, or receives spell effects so does the other. Fountain Regeneration requires both heroes to be within X of the fountain.
Level 1 Skill:
Flip Trip
  • Instant Cast, Affects Both.
    Switches the positions of Min and Zin, enemies caught in between will take X damage (Cap Y enemies damaged).
Level 1 Skill:
Transversal Universal
  • Instant Cast, Affects Individual.
    Teleports the selected twin to the other twin. X second cooldown.
Level 1 Skill:
Pain Gain
  • Passive, Affects Individual.
    Damage caused by one twin inflicts a debuff on the target, increasing damage done to the target by the other twin by X, increased by Y per hit. Damage bonus is reset if attacked again by the first twin. Lasts Z seconds.
Level 6 Elite:
Risible Invisible
  • Instant Cast, Affects Individual.
    Turns the currently selected twin invisible. Only one twin may be hidden at once. X second cooldown, starting after invisibility is broken.
Level 12 Ultimate:
Hocus Pocus ("Don't Cross the Streams!")
  • Target Point, Individual.
    Fires a beam of energy at the target point, dealing X damage per second in a line between the caster and the target point. If it intersects with a beam fired by the other twin, deals Y% increased damage at the point where the beams cross. Lasts Z seconds.
Thought I'd give the double-hero concept another go, hopefully more refined than last time :)
The innate means that when one dies so does the other, so no matter which one you're beating on, it has the same effect. The ability to attack both at once makes this hero somewhat fragile, but that's hopefully compensated for with the ability to customise two heroes with items :D
Each hero would level skills independently and EXP would be shared between the two. Due to the passive both die at once, granting max 1 faction to the killing hero.

Not sure about model, but the visual aesthetics would be pretty strongly based on this pic by Jason Chan: http://www.jasonchanart.com/gallery/200 ... /twins.jpg (notice anything familiar? That's right - this was my inspiration for Vela's Bonekini! :vela: )

So yarr, thoughts, criticisms, flames?
Last edited by AnemicRoyalty on Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Fledermaus
Keeper of the Keys

Re: Min & Zin, Baneite Twins

Post by Fledermaus » Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:02 am

Sitting one at a fountain would result in the one in combat getting fountain heal. Trigger Pain Gain with the one in combat, Flip Trip so you're getting the bonus from Pain Gain and stack it up to hell (idk if I read it right: the debuff doesn't go away until the original twin attacks them again but keeps getting stronger and stronger if the other twin keeps hitting?). If you get too hurt even with the fountain heal, Go invisible for a few seconds until you're healthy again and smack some more with Pain Gain. Use Transversal Universal if you really get in trouble, or whenever the ults are up, then rinse and repeat until they're back?

I like the concept of the hero but ah, seems like you could have imba fountain regen all the time which would be intense.
Actually I don't know if fountains are in Aot3 so my point might be moot. Cool hero(es) though.
rawr!

AnemicRoyalty

Post by AnemicRoyalty » Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:03 am

Ah thanks, forgot about fountains, I'll have to edit that. Pain Gain does cap after a certain amount (as mentioned in the skill description), so it can't get *too* imba.

Updated the innate to reflect interaction with the fountains

Freezern
Champion Noobite

Post by Freezern » Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:02 am

Innate:
Double Trouble

Passive, Affects Both.
Min and Zin share an empathic bond; when one takes damage, gains health, or receives spell effects so does the other. Fountain Regeneration requires both heroes to be within X of the fountain.

Level 1 Skill:
Flip Trip

Instant Cast, Affects Both.
Switches the positions of Min and Zin, enemies caught in between will take X damage (Cap Y enemies damaged).
I like this, and the concept. Especially if they are given swords and do a double anime-style run-past-slash on Flip Trip.
A double tempest if you will. :P
But I'm not sure I see the idea behind the invisibility and the teleport.

assassingao
Teh UBER Typist

Post by assassingao » Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:56 pm

Level 12 Ultimate:
Hocus Pocus ("Don't Cross the Streams!")

Target Point, Individual.
Fires a beam of energy at the target point, dealing X damage per second in a line between the caster and the target point. If it intersects with a beam fired by the other twin, deals Y% increased damage.

Shoop da whoopish :D

But why I think that making the beams cross each other (one twin on the beginning side, one twin on the end side) would works more with the invisibility.

Vinnam

Post by Vinnam » Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:32 pm

assassingao wrote:
But why I think that making the beams cross each other (one twin on the beginning side, one twin on the end side) would works more with the invisibility.
Lookit meeee

Do not cross the streams.

It would be bad.
That said, I'm mildly interested and slightly amused at what I see, and think it makes for a solid hero concept.
Trainer: Brendan Creed
ImageImageImage
Lineup: Noir & Batista

AnemicRoyalty

Post by AnemicRoyalty » Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:35 pm

Updated the spell descriptions to be a bit clearer and changed Pain Gain to have a duration.

@Vin: Ghostbusters! Yeah, that was my inspiration xD

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Oxygen » Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:58 pm

I kinda like. One of them could be ranged, the other melee?

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:53 pm

Personally, it's gotten better but it's not there yet.There's way too much utility here, that feels like it belongs in DoE. It's just confusing. Remember that Aot3 is all about the most ridiculous shit you've never seen before. It as a whole needs way more flash. I feel that the model would obviously be both blademaster models in the game. Also, them having the same model/texture is lame, they should at the least use different textures on the same model just to distinguish them a bit. (Probably only differing in color schemes)

Anyways, the idea is cool, I just think that there's way too much utility to the heroes and not enough psychotic destruction. I could probably whip up a crazy version of these guys if you'd permit.
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Fledermaus
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Fledermaus » Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:13 am

Blademaster and Grom imo, one Agility the other Strength.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:25 am

I like the idea of model twins more. Reminds me more of Rend & Maim.

AnemicRoyalty

Post by AnemicRoyalty » Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:18 am

Sure thing Dusk, go ahead :D
And yeah, it's not epic enough for AotZ (only went AotZ because it lacked conditions... I could maybe remake the hero for DoE at some stage). Honestly it was one of those spur of the moment things that hit me when I was working on a more AotZ-y hero :P

I'm still keen on the idea of them being hella freaky gothic chicks though. The two demoness models maybe?

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:23 am

Those models really don't have any exciting animations at all, though. Also, I feel like that model has more of a caster feel than a cut-em-up feel. And yes, I agree, WC3 needs more chick models that don't suck.

Phox
Letter Linguist

Post by Phox » Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:28 pm

It really does. I mean, there's what? The sorceress, Jaina, the Warden, and the ranger models (the Ranger, Dark Ranger, Shandris). That's just kind of ridiculously few.

AnemicRoyalty

Post by AnemicRoyalty » Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:06 am

roawr! Did a quick concept art piece, because I can :P

Min and Zin share thoughts, feelings and sensation and act as differentiated aspects of a single mind. When together, they speak in unison and move with perfect synchronisation. However when separated, they are actually completely different people. Impulsiveness, aggression and sensuality were differentiated to Min, while honor, duty and morality were differentiated to Zin.

The image is hosted on WC3C, sorry if that's an inconvenience. My Photobucket account stopped working about a week after I uploaded Sozen for the first DoE CHOW ages back; guess he was too hot for them (seriously, I had no other photos uploaded there :P). GOGO SOOOOOZZEENNNN!!

Cookies to anyone who gets all the aesthetic references to fictitional characters that inspired me for this pic xD

Return to “Hero Suggestions”