Dessedric, Shadow of War

If you want to suggest a hero or a modification to a current hero, please make a new topic and post it here. Please follow the stickied setup for suggestions (Unless it's a modification).
Ragnarokio
Noobite Warrior

Dessedric, Shadow of War

Post by Ragnarokio » Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:06 pm

This is my Third (or fourth) attempt at a hero, i think i'm improving a bit each time, and i'm having fun doing this.

Dessedric
Shadow of War
Agility Based
Order

STORY: Dessedric was a soldier in the order, participating in an assault on the bane. He was a fine swordsman, but not fine enough for what was coming. The bane outnumbered his group, and even worse they had a leviathan with them, things looked grim for Dessedric and his troop. One by one he saw his friends die off as he desperately fought against the bane. He looked around him, all his friends had fallen, he was the only one left. As the leviathan approached him to make the finishing blow he cried. Cried with the pain and sorrow of his fallen friends, and of the foolishness of the war, "why was such death nessecary?" he asked himself. As the leviathan killed him his spirit left his body, a being shrouded in the darkness of war. As his soul stood up it screamed and began to swing its ghostly blade at the nearby bane, but to no avail, he was naught but a spirit, but then something happened. The souls of his fellow friends rose and merged with his, forming a powerful new being. Dessedric swung once more, this time making a cut. One of the bane struck back, only to have its attack move straight through Dessedric's body. He had new resolution, he would end the war, he would fight for the order and avenge all the fallen soldiers of the war, he would win.

Notes: Dessedric has no mana or health regen in his physical form.

Abilities:
Initial Skill
Phase
  • Type: Activated
    Dessedric switches from his physical and spiritual forms. If Dessedric is in his physical form he will enter his spiritual form, becoming invisible to all enemies outside X range and moving Y% faster. During this time Dessedric can't attack and will regenerate health and mana over time.
(cooldown can be restrictive)

Level 1 Skill
Phase Blade
  • Type: Point Targeted
    Dessedric's incorperal blade can travel through space in an instant. He can throw it so it will appear at a nearby location, and then turn it physical so it can hurt it's target. A Blade will spawn at target location within X range and move towards the nearest enemy, dealing Y damage to him.
Level 1 Skill
Rosefield
  • Type: AoE targeted
    Dessedric scatters roses around to respect the dead in the area. If any enemy walks within the rosefield they will be assaulted with angry spirits, each reducing its movement speed by X% and dealing Y damage per second, the spirits will give up after Z seconds.
Level 1 skill
Champion of the Dead
  • Type: Passive
    Dessedric is the champion of each soilder fallen in combat. Whenever an ally within X range of Dessedric dies the cooldowns on Dessedric's skills will be decreased by Y seconds for Z seconds.

Note: the way i picture this working is if his skill is already on cooldown it will be bumped up Y seconds, and if its not when he uses it it will come up Y seconds sooner the next time he uses it, as long as he does it before the buff wears off, it could also be stackable to an extent, if that doesn't overpower it.

Level 6 Elite
    Ambush
    • Type: Target Point
      Dessedric quickly moves through space in his spirit form to ambush an opponent. Dessedric is instantly transported to target point within X range, or twice that much if he is in spirit form. He will then switch to physical form dealing Y damage to each nearby enemy and slowing their movement speed by Z%
      • Level 11 Ultimate
        Phase Mastery
        • Type: Passive
          Dessedric finally has complete control over his spirit and physical forms. While Dessedric is in spirit form he will move X% faster and all his ability cooldowns will be reduced by Y%. While Dessedric is in physical form he will deal X% more damage and attack Y% faster. This ability also reduces the cooldown of Phase by Z seconds.
Well, i think i did a better job on this than my other 3, but you can be the judge of that.
Last edited by Ragnarokio on Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Re: Ragnarokio, Shadow of War

Post by Rising_Dusk » Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:25 pm

You performed the first cardinal sin of hero-making. Don't name a hero directly after yourself. :p
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

SetaSoujirou
Letter Linguist

Post by SetaSoujirou » Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:44 pm

I saw dusk's comment. I noticed two passives. (ult?!)
A wild §eta has appeared!
*Twinkle* Lv. 1337
No I'm not a troll.

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Oxygen » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:55 am

Rising_Dusk wrote:You performed the first cardinal sin of hero-making. Don't name a hero directly after yourself. :p
The §etallite and The 8th Element from OD beg to differ!

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:44 pm

Those are names for classes, where it honestly doesn't matter. Totally different situation.
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Ragnarokio
Noobite Warrior

Post by Ragnarokio » Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:51 pm

is two passives a big deal? i was trying to picture how it would handle in various situations during the game, and i thought that it would do alright. I also liked the story, i don't know about you. And might as well change his name, that doesn't matter very much to me, the name has no attached meaning anyway (aside from Shadow of War).

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Oxygen » Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:56 pm

Ragnarokio wrote:is two passives a big deal? i was trying to picture how it would handle in various situations during the game, and i thought that it would do alright. I also liked the story, i don't know about you. And might as well change his name, that doesn't matter very much to me, the name has no attached meaning anyway (aside from Shadow of War).
2 passives isn't a problem; Atrius has that, and only 4 skills. The problem with YOUR passive(s), though, is that they
a) take no skill to apply / use and
b) only increase trivial stats of the hero rather than improve / define its playstyle, ie, if it wasn't there, the hero would play the same (though feel less strong, obviously)

Ragnarokio
Noobite Warrior

Post by Ragnarokio » Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:57 pm

Oxygen wrote:
Ragnarokio wrote:is two passives a big deal? i was trying to picture how it would handle in various situations during the game, and i thought that it would do alright. I also liked the story, i don't know about you. And might as well change his name, that doesn't matter very much to me, the name has no attached meaning anyway (aside from Shadow of War).
2 passives isn't a problem; Atrius has that, and only 4 skills. The problem with YOUR passive(s), though, is that they
a) take no skill to apply / use and
b) only increase trivial stats of the hero rather than improve / define its playstyle, ie, if it wasn't there, the hero would play the same (though feel less strong, obviously)
hmmm, alright, i'm going to change it, tell me what you think of the new one.

Return to “Hero Suggestions”