Pazu, Swordmaster of the Abyss

If you want to suggest a hero or a modification to a current hero, please make a new topic and post it here. Please follow the stickied setup for suggestions (Unless it's a modification).
Vinnam
Wielder of the Ctrl-Alt-Delete

Post by Vinnam » Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:26 am

A note before reading further: This hero will not be done in the 2.XX style. I am simply putting this up so I have a ready topic when 3.00 comes out. I will, however, be fleshing him out, adding ideas that come to me, and generally working on him. Skills will come as I think of them.
Pictar

Story

Lerris led his troops in an assault against the stronghold of the vile Bane, bolstering the spirits of his men and breaking through the defenses that had opposed them. The horrific visages of the creatures they were facing would have made any man think about fleeing, but his men stood fast, and for that he was proud of them. And now, after destroying the fiendish, tentacle… THINGS, which had been steadily attacking his forces, the fortress of the Bane lay open to attack. Lerris’ spirits soaring, he let loose with a crow of triumph to signal his men forward, and on to glorious victory.

Turning back to face his men, however, revealed a scene of utter devastation.

The contingent of almost twenty men he had led was no more. Pieces of their torn bodies lay in a circle of destruction around a single, lone figure, the blood and gore dripping from his blade and a fixed look of manic glee on his face.

Lerris felt his courage flag, but then was filled with a deep, primal rage. He had promised these men that he would see them safely through this war, and he had bled for them, as they had bled for him. Their deaths would NOT be in vain. Raising his sword, he pointed it at the stranger and bellowed out a challenge. “Spawn of the Bane, face me if you dare! You will not have such an easy time of it as you did with my men!”

The stranger merely tilted his head and continued staring at the commander, the manic grin still fixed on his face.

Undaunted, Lerris surged forward, his long legs eating up the distance between him and the seemingly unflappable stranger.

PAIN.

That was Lerris’ first reaction. The deadly stranger had disappeared, seeming to step through a tear in reality. Then, an intense, searing pain had begun coursing through his body, with the white-hot center of the feeling located in his heart. Looking down, he saw the tip of the stranger’s sword sticking out of his chest, the unholy blade seeming to drink in his life essence. Attempting to turn around, despite the sword of the stranger making every move excruciating, Lerris tried to raise his sword to at least strike at the man now that his weapon was otherwise occupied.

It was not to be, unfortunately, as the very strength was being sapped from his bones, and he could not bring his hand to lift his sword and strike at his tormentor.

The stranger leaned in close from behind Lerris, breathing in his ear, and spoke for the first time.

“Delicious… Though a tad boring. I expected more from you, Commander!”

Having said this, the man pulled his sword from Lerris’ chest, causing the remaining blood in the body of the commander to spurt out and be absorbed almost greedily by the glowing blade.

Sheathing his blade once again, the stranger raised his arm and began chanting in an eldritch tongue. When he had finished, the bodies of the slain soldiers of the Light collapsed into fine ash, which was blown away by a sudden gust. Their souls flowed out of the bodies that had once held them, and coalesced into a single, glowing ball of energy in the hand of the stranger, which he beheld for a time before popping into his mouth. Grinning again, he cocked his head at the sounds of troops back down the trail.

More fun to be had.
Skills:

Abyssal Storm
Area Effect Cast
For X seconds after casting this, the area in a Y radius around the casting point becomes suffused with void energies, dealing Z damage to all enemies within and giving a W% miss chance to all enemies affected by Abyssal Storm.

Phantasmal Strike
Single-Click Activation
For X seconds after Pazu activates this ability, he gains a Y% bonus to movement speed and becomes invisible. If Pazu breaks the invisibility by attacking an enemy, he deals an additional Z damage to the target.

Void-weaver
Passive
Every time Pazu strikes an enemy, he has an X% chance to blink and strike another target. After each blink, Pazu also gains a Y% bonus to his Attack damage which lasts Z seconds after Pazu's blink (this can stack up to 3 times.)

Each target after blinking is an entirely new target, which cannot be controlled.

Plague of Nightmares
Passive
Every time Pazu strikes a target, he has an X% chance to slow their movement and attack speed by Y% for Z seconds.

Rapture of Rupture
Activated Passive
As long as this ability is active, Pazu deals X% less damage but gains a Y% attack speed increase. In addition, Pazu cannot use activated abilities while this ability is active, including de-activation of Rapture of Rupture. This ability drains mana over time, and is deactivated if Pazu’s mana hits zero.

Alternative Fluff:

Abyssal Storm
By engulfing the surrounding area in the energy that exists in the void, Pazu can fight more efficiently while disconcerting his enemies.

Phantasmal Strike
Walking the secret ways between the worlds, Pazu strikes quickly, quietly, and efficiently.

Void-Weaver
The path of the Swordmaster is one that entails precision, speed, and deadliness.

Plague of Nightmares
By clouding the senses of his opponents with visions of insanity in its purest form, Pazu can virtually incapacitate them.

Rapture of Rupture
The goal of the Sword master is not to lose oneself in battle, but to remain apart from the action, calculating every motion for maximum efficiency. While he may not be mentally stable, Pazu can still enter a state of supreme clarity while fighting should the need arise.
Last edited by Vinnam on Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:03 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Trainer: Brendan Creed
ImageImageImage
Lineup: Noir & Batista

JunoGodOfLight
Noobite Warrior

Re: Pazu, Swordmaster of the Abyss

Post by JunoGodOfLight » Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:28 pm

Vinnam wrote: Skills:

Abyssal Storm

Phantasmal Strike

Void-weaver

Plague of Nightmares

Rapture of Rupture
This brings up some great ideas for me, so i'm gonna help you with the abilitys (don't yell at me please, just trying to help);

Abyssal storm: i could see like a monsoon type thing but it sucks them in or pushes them out, maybe some damage if it sucks them in.

Phantasmal Strike: a teleport behind a person and deal X bonus damage, can only be used in a Y range.

Void-Weaver: this sounds like a good spell, so mabye something like "spawn void at point A, then use again to go back to point A, but deals X damage when he appears at void."

Plague of Nightmares: this is obviously going to be AOE DPS to the max. Like acid bomb or something but without armor reduction, just dps.

Rapture of Rupture: sounds bloody, but makes me think the name was inspired by Myriad's "Chorus of a Thousand Souls". Also it makes me think of a channeling damage, something like "As long as this spell is being channeled it deals X damage to target hero with a Y range for Z seconds. Also slows the target due to excessive bleeding"

Rapture might have hope, but it might be too much of an instant hero-kill. but let me know about the other abliities, i'm here to help everyone with these hero suggestions.
Can anyone draw Manga? if so PM me, i need artists for a possible new manga that I'm working on. 75% cut distributed among the artists and myself, rest goes to expenses

Please help this dream come true...

Vinnam

Post by Vinnam » Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:51 pm

JunoGodOfLight wrote:
This brings up some great ideas for me, so i'm gonna help you with the abilitys (don't yell at me please, just trying to help);

Abyssal storm: i could see like a monsoon type thing but it sucks them in or pushes them out, maybe some damage if it sucks them in.

Phantasmal Strike: a teleport behind a person and deal X bonus damage, can only be used in a Y range.

Void-Weaver: this sounds like a good spell, so mabye something like "spawn void at point A, then use again to go back to point A, but deals X damage when he appears at void."

Plague of Nightmares: this is obviously going to be AOE DPS to the max. Like acid bomb or something but without armor reduction, just dps.

Rapture of Rupture: sounds bloody, but makes me think the name was inspired by Myriad's "Chorus of a Thousand Souls". Also it makes me think of a channeling damage, something like "As long as this spell is being channeled it deals X damage to target hero with a Y range for Z seconds. Also slows the target due to excessive bleeding"

Rapture might have hope, but it might be too much of an instant hero-kill. but let me know about the other abliities, i'm here to help everyone with these hero suggestions.
I'm still fleshing out the ideas and trying to distance myself from such heros as Ronin and Kisrug Dins.

Abyssal Storm as a name/ability is probably getting tossed (barring I think of something awesome), as it seems a tad too generic now that I think about it.

You've pretty much hit Phantasmal Strike on the head for what I want, but i've still got some other stuff to work out about it.

Void-Weaver... I don't really know what i'm gonna do with it.

Yes, Plague of Nightmares will be an AoE. No, it will not be like Acid Bomb.

Rapture of Rupture will be something bloody, deadly, and generally awesome. If I can think of something matching those words, that is...
ImageImageImage

LightburneR
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by LightburneR » Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:23 pm

Void-Weaver (Passive)
Carpets the area with dark magic, expanding by Z with each spell cast. Units in the area lose X armor and have Y mana drained from them each second.

Abyssal Storm (Active)
"From fine ash and blood darkened slow, and the hells below, a storm come forth!" Pazu chants for a moment, then turns a corpse into a travelling storm. The storm follows enemies, selecting heros as it's preferred target, dealing X damage per second to nearby enemies and absorbing corpses on it's path, increasing it's duration by Y seconds.

Phantasmal Strike (Active)
Breaking the binds to the mortal realm, Pazu traverses the Abyss and re-appears Y distance in front of his inital position, striking nearby enemies for X damage. If Pazu kills a unit with this spell, it's cooldown is reset.

Plague of Nightmares (Active)
When initally cast, this spell does nothing. This spell then gains X additional duration each time this unit is damaged by a spell. After the duration of this spell, the unit takes Y damage based on the duration of this spell.

Rapture of Rupture (Channeling)
Bursts the wounds of nearby enemies, damaging their physical and spiritual existance. Deals X damage and slows by Z% for each point of mana and health lost every second and transfers all damage taken onto nearby allies. After the duration of this spell, nearby allied units explode for Y damage.

Wheez random suggestions!
Its... its... a NEW SIG!! OMG!!

O_O"

Vinnam

Post by Vinnam » Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:41 am

Some nice suggestions, but i've decided to take a slightly different route. Here's two of the skills i've worked out (they're intended to benefit from each other):

Void-weaver
Passive
Pazu can tear the veil between this world and the next, using the shadowed pathways to deliver a decisive blow. Every time Pazu attacks a target, he has a X% chance to blink behind his target and deal Y damage in addition to his normal combat damage. In addition, each time he blinks he gets a Z% bonus to dodge attacks for W seconds

Rapture of Rupture
Activated Passive
The goal of the Sword master is not to lose oneself in battle, but to remain apart from the action, calculating every motion for maximum efficiency. While he may not be mentally stable, Pazu can still enter a state of supreme clarity while fighting should the need arise. As long as this ability is active, Pazu deals X% less damage but gains a Y% attack speed increase. In addition, Pazu cannot use activated abilities while this ability is active. This ability drains mana over time, and is deactivated if Pazu’s mana hits zero.

At first glance RoR might not seem all that awesome, but combined with Void-weaver, Pazu will be blinking and dodging attacks all around him. Still working on the other abilities, so keep watching this thread!
ImageImageImage

LightburneR
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by LightburneR » Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:59 am

Actually, I'm not sure if you know this, but according to several.... say. "Information leaks", we have discovered 3.XX heros will not be using mana for their normal skills. Only their ultimate will use mana, and it will be, game-breaking to say the least.

Also, mana is built up through combat, taking damage, dealing damage, casting spells etc. etc..

If this holds true, then by increasing your own attack speed, it would be crazy because mana will be so rapidly built up as it drains away, which isn't actually good, althought it has been mentioned that a properly used ultimate can fully restore your mana such that you can use it again. (And the fact that ultimates have no cooldown, double nuke =/)

The thread I am speaking of is in the Updates/Suggestions section of this forum.

I must say, I really like the concept of these two skills tho.

O_O"

Vinnam

Post by Vinnam » Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:17 am

LightburneR wrote:Actually, I'm not sure if you know this, but according to several.... say. "Information leaks", we have discovered 3.XX heros will not be using mana for their normal skills. Only their ultimate will use mana, and it will be, game-breaking to say the least.
Who says it isn't an ultimate? Combined with Void-weaver, it could be pretty devastating.

LightburneR wrote:If this holds true, then by increasing your own attack speed, it would be crazy because mana will be so rapidly built up as it drains away, which isn't actually good, althought it has been mentioned that a properly used ultimate can fully restore your mana such that you can use it again. (And the fact that ultimates have no cooldown, double nuke =/).
Not really. Mana regained is proportional to damage dealt. So, if i'm dealing less damage per hit, doesn't matter how many times I hit. It'll still come out lower. Plus, i'm thinking of adding a clause that suspends Mana regen while RoR is active.
LightburneR wrote:]The thread I am speaking of is in the Updates/Suggestions section of this forum.

I must say, I really like the concept of these two skills tho.
Yes, i've seen this thread. Hint Collection. Please don't underestimate my Thread-fu, as i've been here a while -_-

Why thank you.
ImageImageImage

LightburneR
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by LightburneR » Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:28 am

Vinnam wrote:Yes, i've seen this thread. Hint Collection. Please don't underestimate my Thread-fu, as i've been here a while -_-
Sorry for the misunderstanding then.

I see you already have everything worked out, and personally, I can't wait for 3.XX.

I'll be waiting for the other 3 skills you've cooked up for this hero :D.

O_O"

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Oxygen » Sun Oct 19, 2008 2:52 pm

Your current phantasmal strike is taken strait out of aom's pirate, even the name!

Vinnam

Post by Vinnam » Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:01 pm

Oxygen wrote:Your current phantasmal strike is taken strait out of aom's pirate, even the name!
I realize that the abilities are pretty close, Oxy. The pirate was actually one of my favorite characters in Age of Myths SE FINAL (the version in which I knew him), and i'm guessing I subconsciously did it, since I wouldn't knowinglt TRY to copy moves. Phantasmal Strike, however, has not been fleshed out at all. The name I am using for the ability is Void-weaver, contrary to your assertion that the name of the ability is Phantasmal Strike.

Normally, I would try and re-tool it to make it more unique, but I just like the current setup. Since Rapture of Rupture doesn't let you use activated abilities, Passives are the only thing Pazu is going to be using, which balances out the insane attack speeds he could potentially reach.

Void-weaver gives him some protection against falling to units while RoRing, since the dodge chance + the added damage from blinking behind people and stabbing them gives him SOME survivability while using the attack.

In conclusion, and as I stated before: This hero is a work in progress. Mistakes will be made, ridiculed, and subsequently changed. But I will make him at my own pace, and in accordance with 3.00 when it comes out. For now, i'm adding personality and making him FEEL like a hero/villain, not just a random goombah.

Oh, and the word Straight is not spelled strait. It's Straight.
ImageImageImage

Vinnam

Post by Vinnam » Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:15 am

Pazu has been updated. With shiny new abilities.
ImageImageImage

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:40 pm

Oh, it's a skill in AoM, maybe that's why I didn't like it. Hrm.
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Vinnam

Post by Vinnam » Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:27 pm

Duly noted, Dusk, even though I like Void-Weaver as it is :C

Working on a different version of it atm, with something that hopefully will be less similar.

Any thoughts on the other skills/story?
ImageImageImage

LightburneR
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by LightburneR » Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:11 am

"In addition, Pazu cannot use activated abilities while this ability is active"

Is there any specific reason for this other than preventing RoR from being Toggled off?

I also noted that this hero's style is highly similiar to that of Wc3's Blademaster. (to me)

O_O"

Vinnam

Post by Vinnam » Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:22 pm

Well, Phantasmal Strike has been pointed out to me as being a more powerful rip of Windwalk, so there's that. I'm reorganizing a lot of stuff right now, and most abilities won't survive in their current form. About the only thing i'm keeping is a Skill name or two.
ImageImageImage

Return to “Hero Suggestions”