Infamous Ball of Smoke

This is where all bug reports or hero complaints regarding AotZ should be made. Whether you have an issue with balance or an exploit to shed light on, this is the place to put it.
Final_Pantheon
CAPS LOCK INCARNATE

Infamous Ball of Smoke

Post by Final_Pantheon » Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:15 am

I honestly don't have a clue what this relates to, or even what caused it, but in a few of my AotZ games I've had a player turning into a ball of smoke, and being invulnerable. It must have something to do with tele-skills, as it happened to KD (And was corrected by using execute) and also happened to Janise (And was corrected by using Celerity).

I'm not sure if I'm rambling or not, but I hope this helps.

TargetPractice
Holder of the Alt-F4
Location: Posing as what your shooting at, just wait, I'll get you

Re: Infamous Ball of Smoke

Post by TargetPractice » Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:07 am

Welcome to the forums

Glitches like that happen all the time, I'm afraid reporting them does absolutely no good, as aotz 2.01 won't be updated to 3.00 for some time

When that happens, Dusk will fix all the glitches

Daryll-The-Damned
Captain Caption

Post by Daryll-The-Damned » Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:11 am

Chaos bug yadda yadda, wait for 3.00.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Pestilence :: Rocky the V :: Buz-Ze :: Zen :: The Kid:: Imperius

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:27 pm

Heh, yeah, this has been reported infinitely many times. The map needs to be totally remade to fix these problems, it's too convoluted to be adjusted for in 2.XX's code. As Daryll suggested, we call these bugs the chaos bugs since they are precisely that -- Chaotic and unpredictable in nature.
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Final_Pantheon
CAPS LOCK INCARNATE

Post by Final_Pantheon » Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:30 pm

Chaotic and unpredictable?

Does this mean you aren't sure where the error is occuring, and so unable to fix it?

Or does it just mean that they occur randomly in games whenever they think it'll really piss someone off (While chasing Janise for example. :evil: ), and that you know how to fix it?

It's not about not having confidence in your ability, I'm just wondering what you meant.
"How's that for a slice of fried gold?"

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:55 pm

Does this mean you aren't sure where the error is occuring, and so unable to fix it?
No, I know exactly where the error is occuring, but short of recoding the entire map I cannot eliminate it (That's why they don't happen in DoE and won't in 3.00). That said, the bugs are unpredictable and chaotic because that is the nature of the bugs. I could explain it technically, but it'd go way over your head and waste an hour of my time. (Nothing personal)
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Return to “Hero Reviews & Bug Reports”