Al'uc the Ritualistic Shaman

If you have a hero to suggest for future versions of DoE, place your suggestion in some readable format in this forum.
pandamanana
Holder of the Alt-F4

Al'uc the Ritualistic Shaman

Post by pandamanana » Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:43 pm

Al'uc
Ritualistic Shaman
Agility ; This Hero Could Work Either Way.

When you read his title, please do not think of World of Warcraft.

Level 1 Skill:Channel
Voodoo Ritual
  • The Hero channels at an Area of Effect. All conditions added to him during his channeling are also added to any enemy units within the AoE at half the duration. (channeling time and mana cost go up/down with leveling)
Level 1 Skill:Passive
Shroud of Thorns
  • The Hero has X% chance to add ruin for X seconds to an attacking enemy. When this ability triggers the Hero gains Bleed for 6 seconds.
Level 1 Skill:Corpse Targeted Summon
Ancestral Spirits
  • The Hero targets a corpse (or aoe with a corpse in it) and summons 2/3/4/5/6 Ancestral Spirits who float around in a Haunt-y manner near the corpse. They attack any enemy within X radius of the corpse dealing X damage and causing maim for X seconds.
Level 6 Ultimate:Area of Effect
Tranquil Dream
  • All enemies within the AoE are given a buff. Any buffed unit that suffers from a condition has the condition duration stack with any condition on the unit of that suffered condition.
    Lasts X seconds.
Last edited by pandamanana on Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Arcane
CAPS LOCK INCARNATE

Re: Al'uc the Ritualistic Shaman

Post by Arcane » Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:13 am

First Skill: Why would anybody even want to hit him with a condition-causing spell if he's just standing there channeling, doing nothing at all? Give the ability some kind of effect so he's actually targetted.

Second Skill: I see how this works with channeling, but why should he gain bleed-attack when it triggers? Seems a little random. (Edit: Ah, it works with the ultimate I guess.)

Ultimate: I like it. : )

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Oxygen » Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:43 pm

Stole my passive, eh?

Anyhow, saruman pretty much has it covered.

pandamanana
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by pandamanana » Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:49 pm

Woops... I didn't know you had a passive similar to that... ;-( sorry

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Oxygen » Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:55 am

pandamanana wrote:Woops... I didn't know you had a passive similar to that... ;-( sorry
lol, I wouldn't care. But right now, the hero is in rather bad shape

Greenspawn
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Greenspawn » Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:52 am

Very nice. Original ideas incorporated.

Your ultimate is a bit complicated, but I like the idea, especially when coupled with your first spell.

For your first spell, I agree with Arcane, that it wouldn't be very effective, with the exception of your second ability, but that depends on a chance. How about for your second skill, it's an active passive that, while active, applies a random condition every X to the hero for Y seconds, where Y<X. That would allow your first spell to be more effective, but would make him be another Kassar.
Math is # |e^iπ|
"I can't imagine getting hit by a giant rock and not being maimed or crippled or ruined" -Dusk

Logue: Please replace the toilet paper when you use it all. For some reason my 5 year old son believes if it's not there he does not have to wipe.

pandamanana
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by pandamanana » Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:07 pm

mmm Well as much as I dislike Kassar, I really like that idea ^_^

Exceepppptttt, under further reviewing of my hero, the passive already adds a condition to himself when attacked, which would add mass bleed to all in his AOE of the first spell.

Blind
Champion Noobite

Post by Blind » Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:34 pm

Here's a better idea for the ultimate.

Ultimate Skill Name of Awesome
  • Target foe is given this buff. Whenever that unit suffers from a condition while under the effects of this buff, that condition extends the duration instead of reapplying the condition.
    Lasts X seconds.
Suddenly, it's more active and less passive. Now you want to use this on a person so all of your bleeding hits STACK instead of overwrite. Just think of the devastation in team synergistic scenarios. Mmm.. Yummy.

pandamanana
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by pandamanana » Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:37 pm

I definitely see what your saying and it might work, but I still would like to see the look on someones face when 1 second, they have this goofy thing called Dream on them, and all of a sudden they have like 5 conditions with 10+ second durations on them ^_^

Blind
Champion Noobite

Post by Blind » Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:41 pm

That might make noobs look weird, but I doubt I'd react much from it.. Especially because it saves me from mute/blind/ruin/cripple now and gives it to me later when I'm already halfway to the fountain. *Cough*

pandamanana
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by pandamanana » Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:45 pm

mmm an interesting point. Not interesting in its entirety, but interesting that I didn't think of that... :-)

I shall change the ultimate to better fit your suggestion

thanks

Return to “Hero Suggestions”