Wrecken, Chieftan of the Un'gar

If you have a hero to suggest for future versions of DoE, place your suggestion in some readable format in this forum.
Sabertooth
Revenent of the Replies

Wrecken, Chieftan of the Un'gar

Post by Sabertooth » Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:21 pm

<Wrecken>
<Chieftan of the Un'gar>
<Strength>
<The Hallowed Order>

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Wrecken looked out from under the brush. He could see his people....HIS PEOPLE...being tossed around and slain as if they were nothing. "THEY WERE SOMETHING!" Wrecken screamed inside his head. This insanity had driven him to the edge.

It had began a few days ago...strange demonic creatures came to his camp, led by a man with a sword...he gave off a foul stench, some of the weaker Un'gar dropping to the ground at that moment. The man demanded to see Wrecken, but he was smarter than that. As soon as news came that strange creatures were coming, Wrecken and his guards fled Un'gar. They gave warning to the citizens, but they believed they could fight off everything. Fools, Wrecken had thought them.

But Wrecken came back. He, as Chieftan, wouldn't let his people's death be for nought. "Those...bastards..." Wrecken muttered. He could only see the green man's minions...he thought that now was the time to strike.

"Raah!" Wrecken broke from the brush and raised his axe, beheading the nearest Baneite. It felt good to avenge his people. He couldn't let it get to his head. As his people saw this action, they raised their tools and attacked back as well. With their Chieftan intact, the courage of the people soared.

The baneite's began to fall quickly. The mass of the Un'gar villagers took back the village in no time. But, the element of surpise wasn't just to Wrecken's favor.

As the last of the baneites began to die... a foul stench gently caressed the air...It was sickening. The remaining Un'gar began to drop to their knees...worn out, and now feeling as if their stomaches were to burst from the body entirely. The Un'gar ran from the man...but Wrecken...he stood strong.

"You..." Wrecken said as he pointed at the green man. "...have attempted to eradicate not I...but my people. What do you want?"

"What I want?" The green man cackled. "I want you, to be dead!" The green man lunged forward, swinging out his sword. It was...strange. Sickness swept the village as it clashed with Wrecken's axe.

"You want my life? Then take it from me!" Wrecken pulled back and struck the sword again, and the green man took a step back. The Un'gar rose...this 'green man' was indeed defeatable! They would slay him as he had slain their bretheren! They rose their arms...and in unison, pointed them at the green man. "Charge!"

The Un'gar rushed at the green man, and his blade struck once more an Un'gar's axe. It released...a horrifying scent. A wave of disease causing the immediate death of many Un'gar. But somehow...Wrecken stood there. The disease...it stayed clear of Wrecken's axe. "Is it...repelling the disease?" The green man thought.

The green man got on his horse, and reared it. He pointed his blade at Wrecken without saying a single word. He had accomplished most of his task. "You will die, green man!" Wrecken shouted.

"Tornne." the green man said, and he turned and rode off into the mountains.

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
~Level One Skill~
<Affliction Attunement>
<Passive>
<Aura>
  • Wrecken's axe, though some way, grants him the ability to ward off disease and other ailments. Because of the axe, he has a X% chance to simply "shrug off" the next negative condition he is affected by, and gives nearby allies a Y% chance to do the same.

~Level One: 4.5% self chance, 2% allied.
    ~Level Two: 9% self chance, 4% allied.
    ~Level Three: 13.5% self chance, 6% allied.
    ~Level Four: 18% self chance, 8% allied.
    ~Level Five: 22.5% self chance, 10% allied.
~Level One Skill~
<Rampage>
<Targeted>
<Damage/Knockback>
  • Wrecken becomes enraged. He charges at a targeted unit/point, pushing all units out of his way. When he gets to said point, he swings his axe, delivering a brutal blow to all enemies in a small area in front of Wrecken. (like a small triangle). The blow knocks them back, dealing X damage, and cripples them for Y seconds.

~Level One: 75 damage, 2 seconds.
    ~Level Two: 125 damage, 3 seconds.
    ~Level Three: 200 damage, 4 seconds.
    ~Level Four: 275 damage, 5 seconds.
    ~Level Five: 350 damage, 6 seconds.
~Level One Skill~
<Seek Corruption>
<Activated>
<Teleport/Damage>
  • When in the presence of a diseased unit, Wrecken's axe can react strangely. When this skill is activated, Wrecken will teleport to the nearest afflicted enemy unit and strike it immediately, dealing X damage, and having a 10% chance to stun the enemy for Y seconds.

~Level One: 50 damage, 1 second.
    ~Level Two: 100 damage, 2 seconds.
    ~Level Three: 150 damage, 3 seconds.
    ~Level Four: 200 damage, 4 seconds.
    ~Level Five: 250 damage, 5 seconds.
~Level Six Ultimate~
<Eradication>
<Activatable>
<Heavy Damage/AoE damage>
  • Over 5 seconds, Wrecken's axe begins to slowly tear disease from all nearby allies and enemies.(Wrecken can walk around and attack during this.) The next attack Wrecken makes will do X damage, and release all of the afflictions from his axe, dealing +Y damage per affliction to the targeted unit and nearby allies.

~Level One: 300 damage, +10 per affliction.
    ~Level Two: 350 damage, +20 per affliction.
    ~Level Three: 400 damage, +30 per affliction.

An old hero who i loved. I think he still works good, even now.

Hell_Tempest
Grandmaster of Grammar

Re: Wrecken, Chieftan of the Un'gar

Post by Hell_Tempest » Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:44 pm

Interesting hero... would Seek Corruption have a max range? Would it have a minimum range?

Sabertooth
Revenent of the Replies

Post by Sabertooth » Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:20 pm

Yea, guess i forgot to add that. It would be a constant range of like 1000 or something.

Hell_Tempest
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Hell_Tempest » Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:33 pm

Can Wrecken cast spells during Eradication?

Sabertooth
Revenent of the Replies

Post by Sabertooth » Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:47 pm

I would say yes. Eradication wouldn't trigger on the "attack" from Rampage/Seek Corruption. I would definitely lower the damage on seek though.

Cold Phoenix
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Cold Phoenix » Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:53 pm

Doesn't the first spell cancel out the ulty a bit?

Also, epic story.
Your move.

Sabertooth
Revenent of the Replies

Post by Sabertooth » Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:59 pm

Not really, IMHO. Its not a great chance for it to work, not like its 50/50. And if useful if your low on mana or just need to finish someone, or in a large scale fight to stop conditions.

Seek Corruption only works on enemies, not allies. In a big, epic fight the first skill is great. Then just suck the conditions needed for the extra damage from the your enemies. The ability to cause what could be massive damage would suck for the other team. (400 damage on its own from Eradication if it isn't condition-charged is STILL useful though, eh?)

Cold Phoenix
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Cold Phoenix » Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:07 pm

Maybe the first spell should heal the target when it negates the condition?
Your move.

Sabertooth
Revenent of the Replies

Post by Sabertooth » Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:10 pm

I think it works either way. If it HEALED when it negated the condition, you'd lower the chances of the spell kicking in. Either way works, but i still think the higher chance is more effective.

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Oxygen » Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:37 pm

Yeah, the passive does screw the ultimate up. Less conditions = less damage :lol:

The axe swing damage is way too high, but that can be fixed. Other than that, its a nice spell, I had thought of something similar. Altho there are no knockbacks in DoE.

The teleport is nice, but you know, spells don't always have to raise up evenly, by that I mean, if you add 50 damage each levels, it doesn't have to start at 50! It could be 75 or so. Stun's way too long, and way too seldom. A way to fix this is to simply make it 100% chance, and 1 second duration.

Eradication's a pretty neat idea, but all drained conditions should instead ''store'' themselves ( and their total duration... ) and be added on the next attack. If 5 units are crippled for 2 seconds, your next hit would grant a 10 second cripple. If they're also bleeding for 5 seconds, well, 25 second bleed. Now that'd really be awesome, and actually make it desirable to drain certain conditions over other!

Nice hero

Return to “Hero Suggestions”