Ord, Servant of Gaia

If you have a hero to suggest for future versions of DoE, place your suggestion in some readable format in this forum.
Cold Phoenix
Keeper of the Keys

Ord, Servant of Gaia

Post by Cold Phoenix » Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:13 pm

Ord
Gaia Servant
Strength; Order

Model: Druid of Claw cuz' Dusk is playa hatin' on taurenz.

===========================
Level 1 Spell: Tremor Totem: Active
Melee Range

Creates a totem at the target location that periodically shakes the earth around it every 1.5 seconds. Each tremor deals X damage and ruins units for 4 seconds. Deals extra Y damage to crippled or knocked down foes. If the totem is destroyed it will knock down all nearby units for 2 seconds.

Lasts 10 seconds

Cooldown: 12 seconds

======================================

Level 1 Spell: Rock Slide: Active
Melee Range

Ord conjures 3 boulders at the targeted location and sends them tumbling forward. Units directly struck by these boulders are crippled for 4.5 seconds and take X damage. Deals Y extra damage to ruined or knocked down foes.

Diagram:

Y = Hero
X = Boulders
O = Target area
- -X---------------------------
Y - -O- X-------------------
- - X----------------------------

Cooldown: 15

=======================================
Level 1 Spell: Air Quaker: Passive

Adds X damage to Ord's attacks and gives him a Y% chance to create a shockwave from the target, knocking down all enemies in a 300 radius for .5 seconds. Each condition they were suffering from at the time adds .5 to the duration.

===========================
Ultimate Spell: Fissure Maker: Active
Melee Range

When cast, small, weak, X fissures will generate from the area and slightly home in on units. Units hit by these are ruined and maimed for 5 seconds and take Y damage. Knocked down units are ruined/maimed for an extra 2 seconds. Each time a fissure strikes it will split into two stronger fissures. This spell lasts until each fissure splits twice or there are no enemies in the area. - Inspired by Green Spawn

^ Hopefully could look something like Zhall’s level 6 spell in AotZ, that uses the steam engine projectile.

Cooldown: 105
=====================

I've been working/tweaking with this hero for about 2 weeks now, and as such I am quite proud of how his spells turned out.
:P

Ord mostly interacts with Ruin and Knockdown but also does well against Crippled foes, although he cannot cause Cripple very easily.

-Edited the passive to be less powerful, Tremor Totem when destroyed now knocks down, powerful if Stille Communions it when Ord is around, Rock Slide cripples struck units and instead deals bonus damage to knocked down units, ultimate now only lasts until each fissure has split twice.
Last edited by Cold Phoenix on Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:39 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Your move.

Leprikhan
CAPS LOCK INCARNATE

Re: Ord, the Ox of Gaia

Post by Leprikhan » Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:43 pm

My primary issue with this hero is that knockdown is already powerful enough on it's own; you threw extra damage, ruin, even CRIPPLE into the mix, which would be pretty damn ridiculous in an actual game. He even has a PASSIVE CHANCE to knockdown. Aurea and Kassar would do retardedly well with this hero. The ultimate lasts until NOTHING IS LEFT? Ouch.

Also, I hate to say it, but synergy looks excruciatingly forced. Adding a blatant "does extra to X" on the end of every spell is not a good way to synergize a hero.
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." -MLK Jr.

Cold Phoenix
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Cold Phoenix » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:42 pm

Hmm I agree with you about the ultimate, I edited it so each fissure only splits twice.

Also how would this be rigged with Kassar? I've only played against him once.
Your move.

Daryll-The-Damned
Captain Caption

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Post by Daryll-The-Damned » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:45 pm

I believe the term would be "Mass Knockdown Rape"

You'd probably be able to stunlock to death just about anyone with just kassar and this guy.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Pestilence :: Rocky the V :: Buz-Ze :: Zen :: The Kid:: Imperius

Leprikhan
CAPS LOCK INCARNATE

Post by Leprikhan » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:55 pm

Remember that the ult increases conditions. That turns a 2 second knockdown into a 4 second knockdown, and cripples, and lets you hit with another knockdown with your nuke, not to mention they're crippled, not to mention ruin, not to mention damage pulses, and if your passive triggers, well...
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." -MLK Jr.

Cold Phoenix
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Cold Phoenix » Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:25 pm

Sorry about that, it's the ult was only supposed to increase the duration of one condition but I left it out. Now the only knock down he has is if the totem dies, or his passive triggers.
Your move.

Leprikhan
CAPS LOCK INCARNATE

Post by Leprikhan » Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:30 pm

I still dislike the idea of a passive knockdown, it's like having bash in an AoE, and we all know how much everybody loves bash...

Nonetheless, I have no more big issues with this hero.

Oh, but I did remember something I should've brought up earlier; Zhall is the only "tauren" in the world of AotZ/DoE. Dusk is very adamant on this, I suggest you change the model.

Cold Phoenix
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Cold Phoenix » Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:03 pm

Oh noes.

Druid of Claw is the only other model I can think of at the moment.. mm
Your move.

andriejj
Keeper of the Keys

Re: Ord, Servant of Gaia

Post by andriejj » Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:47 am

Model is ok. BUT:

First, condition stuff. Too much, and too much forced interaction. Like- deals or stuns longer if target is ruined/crippled/etc.

Second- first skill. I think it would be more logical(and FUN :D ), if the totem/ward crippled each time it "stomps". But crippled for like 0.33 second, so that it's a temporal, cycling slow. It would look cool- enemy moving fast, slow, fast, slow, fast, slow, fast, slow, fast, slow, fast, slow, fast, slow, fast, slow, fast, slow, fast, slow, fast, slow, fast, slow, fast, slow, fast, slow, fast, slow, fast, slow, fast, slow, fast, slow, fast, slow, fast, slow, fast, slow, fast, slow, fast, slow, fast, slow, fast, slow...

Passive is imba. If target is suffering from 3 conditions, it's 2 second PASSIVE knockdown. It could stay in such form if it was the ultimate. And it's fun enough to be ultimate- passive circular damage and knockdown sounds nice :)

Rock Slide- rolling boulders can't look good... This skill looks too AoM-ish. You should think of something new, imo.

As for the ultimate- I like the splitting part, not necessarily the effect. What if it was a basic spell and passive was ult? On first level it would summon one fissure, homing on the nearest enemy, when it hits- splits into 2 fissures and attacks next 2 targets. Level 5 would be 3 fissures summoned(so max of 9 units damaged), dealing more damage ofc. It would be this hero's creep slayer.

Oh and I like the geomancer theme :)

Cold Phoenix
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Cold Phoenix » Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:21 pm

Rolling boulders always looks nice o_o.

Hmm I'll see about suggestions.
Your move.

andriejj
Keeper of the Keys

Post by andriejj » Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:10 pm

Oh I reminded myself ONE situation where rolling boulders looked well. It was in Megalith, those golems rolling stones from the slope ^^

The real issue is that boulder spell doesn't really suit DoE and has no real interaction with other spells.

pandamanana
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by pandamanana » Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:19 am

What about Kassar's mistress. She has a boulder-involved spell, and it looks just dandy

Greenspawn
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Greenspawn » Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:42 am

Yay! I have inspired someone! :D

I think that Ruin along with Knockdown is just too much for any hero. The knocked down hero can't move, and enemies can attack much more efficiently due to his -10 armor. Plus, being crippled while knocked down is pretty redundant, since he can't move anyways, so why bother to slow him down with cripple?

It seems like most of this guy's power comes from his ability to inflict conditions that are damnably powerful, and then deal extra damage to enemies with those conditions. It's a simple idea, but there's too much interaction in this hero. It's like too much butter on a little slice of bread (hopefully someone here will get the LotR reference).

In conclusion: Remove some of the interaction, or make the extra effects a little weaker.
Math is # |e^iπ|
"I can't imagine getting hit by a giant rock and not being maimed or crippled or ruined" -Dusk

Logue: Please replace the toilet paper when you use it all. For some reason my 5 year old son believes if it's not there he does not have to wipe.

Return to “Hero Suggestions”