Muramasa, The Keen Edge

If you have a hero to suggest for future versions of DoE, place your suggestion in some readable format in this forum.
Intoxicated Crayon
Keeper of the Keys

Muramasa, The Keen Edge

Post by Intoxicated Crayon » Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:25 am

Muramasa
The Keen Edge
Agility; Hallowed Order

Story; Pending....

Level 1 Skill: - Passive
Shirahadori
  • Muramasa's above average dexterity and agility grants him an X% chance to dodge attacks. This chance is increased for each second of maim the attacking foe is suffering from.
Level 1 Skill: - Preparation
"Ama-no-Murakumo"
  • Muramasa's next attack deals X% more damage and inflicts maim on the target and himself. If Muramasa was already suffering from maim, it is instead applied to foes around the target for half the regular duration. (Short Cooldown)
Level 1 Skill: - Active Passive
Doublehand
  • While active, Muramasa grips his sword with 2 hands and deals extra damage while draining mana. Each successful attack with this active relieves you of X seconds of maim. Upon attacking a foe, Muramasa deals Y extra damage per second of maim relieved to that foe.
Level 6 Ultimate: - Passive
Ashura
  • Whenever Muramasa is relieved from maim, his damage and attack speed increase by X%.
Comments?

Muramasa
The Keen Edge
Preferred is Agi, but Str works; Hallowed (Note. Muramasa has low mana)

Story; "Calm I may be, as I wearily sip my tea under the shade of a palm tree..." (LoL!)

Level 1 Skill: - Passive
Shirahadori
  • Muramasa has trained for years in the art of Iaido, and his awareness in battle has increased ten fold. This skill grants an X% chance to dodge attacks. For every maimed foe with a 350 radius of Muramasa, the dodging percentage is slightly increased.
Level 1 Skill: - Short Range Cone Damage
"Ama-no-Murakumo"
  • Muramasa unsheathes his blade and strikes at the targeted point damaging foes with 250 range of the target area in a small semi circle. Foes hit are dealt X damage and are maimed for 3 seconds. Already maimed foes receive an extra 1.5 seconds of maim. (Short Cooldown)
Level 1 Skill: - Active Passive
Doublehand
  • Muramasa steadily holds his blade in 2 hands and begins to fight in a new stance. When in this stance, Muramasa deals X% more damages but his attack speed is much lower. Muramasa's Doublehand strikes also have a small chance to maim foes for a second.
Level 6 Ultimate: - Familiar Summon
Ashura
  • Muramasa channels for a moment and vanishes for a second. Muramasa reappears as 3 images. If all 3 images die before the spell ends, Muramasa dies. If one of the images dies and the spell ends, Muramasa reappears with 2/3 of his original health upon casting the spell(If 2 images die he is left with a third of his health).

Image 1: Kiyomori (AGI) - Low Damage. High Speed. Skill: Reflexes - Grants 10%/18%/30% chance to dodge.

Image 2: Osafune (INT) - Low to Med Damage. Ok Speed. Skill: Calculated Strike - Deals a blow that cannot miss and cripples maimed foes.

Image 3: Kotetsu (STR) - High Damage. Low Speed. Skill: Passive Doublehand
Comments?
Last edited by Intoxicated Crayon on Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
English should not be a prerequisite for intelligence,

dmaargke
Holder of the Alt-F4

Re: Muramasa, The Keen Edge

Post by dmaargke » Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:56 am

The ult seems kind of strange. 3 heros with 3 different abilities. Can you imagine the amount of microing it would take to keep all 3 alive for the duration of the spell?
~Everything I say is fully substantiated by my own opinion.~

Fulla
CAPS LOCK INCARNATE

Post by Fulla » Sun Mar 09, 2008 2:28 pm

Its just like the Panda's ultimate in melee.
Considering you cant use your Hero Abilities whilst in this form, having 3 units to control isnt that bigger deal.

Intoxicated Crayon
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Intoxicated Crayon » Sun Mar 09, 2008 2:40 pm

Fulla wrote:Its just like the Panda's ultimate in melee.
Considering you cant use your Hero Abilities whilst in this form, having 3 units to control isnt that bigger deal.
:D

Thanks for comments but...
What about the others skills :* '(

TargetPractice
Holder of the Alt-F4
Location: Posing as what your shooting at, just wait, I'll get you

Post by TargetPractice » Sun Mar 09, 2008 5:19 pm

dmaargke wrote:The ult seems kind of strange. 3 heros with 3 different abilities. Can you imagine the amount of microing it would take to keep all 3 alive for the duration of the spell?
None at all

I could do it, just take hero #1, set to key 1, #2 to key 2...ect...

then you can micro rather rapidly

I like this hero alot, other than the fact he has so much use of maim it kills be, because its BORING, couldnt doublehand at least have a chance to cause bleed or cripple or something other than MAIM!? I'm not saying maim isnt useful, what im saying is like, every ability besides utl spams maim (and even ult depends on it)

dmaargke
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by dmaargke » Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:14 am

OK I was reading that wrong. I thought all 3 had all the abilities except an ult and that was replaced with their special one.
~Everything I say is fully substantiated by my own opinion.~

Intoxicated Crayon
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Intoxicated Crayon » Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:49 pm

TargetPractice wrote:
dmaargke wrote:The ult seems kind of strange. 3 heros with 3 different abilities. Can you imagine the amount of microing it would take to keep all 3 alive for the duration of the spell?
None at all

I could do it, just take hero #1, set to key 1, #2 to key 2...ect...

then you can micro rather rapidly

I like this hero alot, other than the fact he has so much use of maim it kills be, because its BORING, couldnt doublehand at least have a chance to cause bleed or cripple or something other than MAIM!? I'm not saying maim isnt useful, what im saying is like, every ability besides utl spams maim (and even ult depends on it)
The Ultimate doesn't rely on maim that much, only Osafune(INT) does. Image 1 can dodge crap and Image 3 can provide maim and damage. Osafune's skill also doesn't need maim to be effective, suppose he was blinded, Cal Strike would be a big help.

( Sorry there is so much maim D: )

TargetPractice
Holder of the Alt-F4
Location: Posing as what your shooting at, just wait, I'll get you

Post by TargetPractice » Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:51 pm

Well yah I can see why it needs the maim, but shouldnt you like, rework it to NOT have to rely so much on that?

I don't know Dusk too well, but I can guess he finds heavy reliance on a single condition to be frowned upon

If it were my map I know I would

Hell_Tempest
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Hell_Tempest » Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:07 pm

Yeah, one or two extra conditions would be nice.

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Oxygen » Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:42 pm

What's the point of bonus damage if your attack is slower? 20% minus 20% does zero bonus total, only a chance to maim. Tornne has that +25 damage as a passive, heh. I don't get the role of this hero, though. And honestly, making skills just to then ruin it with an Earth Storm Fire is extremely lame wasted work

Intoxicated Crayon
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Intoxicated Crayon » Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:38 pm

I've taken some stuff dusk has told me to heart. I've carefully looked at previous hero suggestions and instead of making a totally new hero with no legit story... I took a character I liked and wanted to improve...

And revamped it to use conditions so it won't be worthless. I hope this is much better and note that all skills are useful at level 1, thank god. I really love this hero in my humble opinion and I'm going to start thinking when I start making heroes... rawr!

Thank you Dusk and Namabalbi for you guy's help in the VZarl Channel <3 .

I've left the old suggestion so you can see how bad it was.

Crayon

SetaSoujirou
Letter Linguist

Post by SetaSoujirou » Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:37 am

Damn. Three overrated blades, then it's like you copy FFT/A/A2 with double hand and such.
I can't imagine a 'keen edge' holding a blade with two hands anyway.
A wild §eta has appeared!
*Twinkle* Lv. 1337
No I'm not a troll.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:45 pm

I'm not quite sure what you're talking about, Seta.
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Intoxicated Crayon
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Intoxicated Crayon » Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:54 pm

He mentioned Final Fantasy Tactics.

He's comparing the skill names to swords/skills that can be found in those games. But... Only doublehand came from FFTA, so... I'm guessing these names were lucky me?

How's the hero though?

Btw... I also made a self blind hero I wanted to run by you in the channel if you've got time. It seems pretty pro.

rawr!

Return to “Hero Suggestions”