Dak, Scalding Enigma

If you have a hero to suggest for future versions of DoE, place your suggestion in some readable format in this forum.
BD423
Holder of the Alt-F4

Dak, Scalding Enigma

Post by BD423 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:20 pm

Dak
Scalding Enigma
Intellegince; Bane.

Story.

Level 1 Skill:
Scalding Totem
  • Description. Dak places a totem on the ground, this totem creates a surge of violent heat every x seconds and causes burn. Deals y damage when destroyed.
Level 1 Skill:
Inner Combustion
  • Description. Dak targets an area and each corpse in that area detonates dealing x% of each corpses hp and burning for y times number of corpses seconds.(should be medium in size like verts nuke)
Level 1 Skill:
Scalding Transfusion
  • Description. When active everytime a target in his pbaoe is afflicted with burn they recieve extra damage and have a y% chance to be knocked down
Level 6 Ultimate:
Herald of Scalding
  • Description. Dak summons a Scalding herald to purge the land, this summon has the ability to hurl large quantities of flaming rocks at targets rapidly causing burn and has a permanent burn aura.
Comments?
I swear to drunk im not god.

BD423
Holder of the Alt-F4

Re: Dak, Scalding Enigma

Post by BD423 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:13 am

sum1 plz look at this guy :(

The Colonel
Letter Linguist

Post by The Colonel » Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:34 pm

So, this hero is pretty much bang and burn?

Nothing sticks out to me, he just has lots of random spells that cause burn.

BD423
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by BD423 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:20 pm

well look at his skills for a few secs, eh has a totem damage abil, and he has a conditional corpse bomb. stille has pretty much the same amount of wam and bam as him only its almost exclusively from totems. Also is active passive allows him to inflict damage whenever burn is applied, think about him using his totem which would cause burn every sec or so, or think about him with glasse who rapidly applies burn. Finaly i put the summon in there because i dint want him to have a damage ultimate and i couldnt think of another utility spell that would fit with him.

Overall if u wanted to cite a bang and burn hero just look at arro. this guy , atleast to me, would seem more of a cross beween aro,stille, and a lil bit of tornne.

del_diablo
CAPS LOCK INCARNATE

Post by del_diablo » Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:01 pm

I say this hero abuses 1 condition........... And im against imba summons, it would be imba along with the passive. The totem could easly become extremly imba (20dps + deton on death)
Dont challange the lazy, he are godlike serius.

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Oxygen » Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:32 pm

del_diablo wrote:I say this hero abuses 1 condition........... And im against imba summons, it would be imba along with the passive. The totem could easly become extremly imba (20dps + deton on death)
Your use of the word imba is overpowered. 20 DPS is nothing either.

--

Really now, I think the skills are extremely random. I see the kind of synergy that you're trying to get here, but the spells just don't seem to really match together. Corpse explosion is forbidden because of Vela. Totems are forbidden because of Stille. Just those two spells really just yell ''REDUNDANT... NEXT'' to me. The third spell would not work, because its entierely based on a condition. A spell should always be able to work on its own.

BD423
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by BD423 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:40 pm

tornne has a spell, i think its called epidemic, it is a level 1 spell and it spreads conditions to nearby enemies. dosnt work on its own.

A2A it has the benefit of adding agility however it can only be fueled when a target is suffering from blind, dosnt FULLY fuel itself.

Sin of envy i forget the name but exuro can cast it on an ally or an enemy and when there hit by a condition the atker suffers from it aswell, however it dosnt (in a sense) fuel itself either.

all three of these skills are level one skills and thus should be able to fully fuel themselves but they (some partially) dont, im sure theres others but this is all i could think of off of my head, its generaly very good for a skill to be usable at level one but there are some exceptions.

innert also has a ward, tho it dosnt look like it. And i think if u constrict the use of wards completely to one hero then it would hurt hero design for future heros because simply wards to me are fun as hell.

Corpse Explosion like spells i understand, but i made it like that so that it isnt another fire and forget nuke but it can easily be changed to a fireballesque fashion.

His passive realy gives his spells more kick. When making this hero i imagined the ward burning for initial damage each wave and a quick burn that would subside before the next wave, effectively activating his passive with every wave. His Corpse explosion wouldnt give to much extra damage but it would give sum, and his summon has a burn aura and a move that would rapidly reapply burn to an aoe allowing for even bigger damage tho ud have to kno a little about how to micro. overall it might not fuel itself but it realy gives him alot more kick. And if needed it could give a bonus to an atr so that it wasnt a totaly useless lvl 1.

Finaly his summon was put in to give him sumtin different from the AoE that seems prominent in alot of ults. I wanted sumtin different so i chose a Ultimate summon which i dont think is in doe yet and it has a skill that comboes with the rest of the hero.

realy i appreciate the feed back and dont think im not lookin at it, its just i realy liked this hero when i made him and i have a tendancy to get into a rant when i feel strongly about somthing.

Return to “Hero Suggestions”